or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need feminism because tumblr - Page 286

post #4276 of 5586
post #4277 of 5586
Thread Starter 
You probably don't want to watch this. It's not graphic, it's so wtfuck? I mean I really don't understand how someone... Ugh.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And can any Brits confirm that menstrual pads are NHS paid for even for men? Please tell me that's not true.
post #4278 of 5586
Thread Starter 
Would you rather read the Bible or make sweet love to this?


post #4279 of 5586
Gamergates Brianna wu eaten up by her horde over Christmas break.
post #4280 of 5586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Would you rather read the Bible or make sweet love to this?

I think I am regaining my faith
post #4281 of 5586
On my way to church now. uhoh.gif
post #4282 of 5586
Thread Starter 
#WheresRey is a thing on twitter. It's people being really really upset that Ms. Sue wasn't included in the multipack of some shit action figure collection.



“Do better @hasbro, @Disney, and @Target. We find your lack of female #StarWars toys disturbing. Because it’s 2015.”
Edited by Harold falcon - 12/29/15 at 5:36am
post #4283 of 5586
That's a problem that's not new. The females of these superhero/sci-fi films are often way under represented when it comes to toys and merchandise. There seems to be plenty of Rey children's clothing and such, but she somehow didn't get as big of a push with the toys. You can leave that up to action figures being predominantly a little boy thing, but for a movie that emphasises her character you would think her action figure would be pushed hard.

Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy had even worse representation with toys, but she wasn't the film's main hero.
post #4284 of 5586
Thread Starter 
I had at least 3 versions of the Leia action figure as a wee lad. This is obviously intentional.
post #4285 of 5586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

I had at least 3 versions of the Leia action figure as a wee lad. This is obviously intentional.

Slave outfit Leia, i'm sure.
post #4286 of 5586
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

Slave outfit Leia, i'm sure.

I didn't have that one, I'm not sure it was out there. There was white robe Leia from 4, Bespin Leia from 5, and Camo Endor Leia from 6. 6 came with a piece of fabric cloth to simulate the Camo.
post #4287 of 5586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

Slave outfit Leia, i'm sure.

You mean there was a different version? confused.gif
post #4288 of 5586
I had the ROTJ figure of her when she first infiltrates Jaba's palace. I don't believe the helmet came off.

It's irrelevant because exceptions don't mean there may or may not be a larger "problem." As far as I can personally tell from what I have observed it seems like Rey is being represented in merchandise, but I haven't had a reason to take a broad look at the action figure offerings.
post #4289 of 5586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

That's a problem that's not new. The females of these superhero/sci-fi films are often way under represented when it comes to toys and merchandise. There seems to be plenty of Rey children's clothing and such, but she somehow didn't get as big of a push with the toys. You can leave that up to action figures being predominantly a little boy thing, but for a movie that emphasises her character you would think her action figure would be pushed hard.

Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy had even worse representation with toys, but she wasn't the film's main hero.

Some females don't want action figures of themselves. For instance Hot Toys makes great 1/6 scale figures, but Sigourney Weaver wouldn't let them make an accurate figure of her likeness for Ripley.
post #4290 of 5586
the bigger issue is the male patriarchy at Disney oppressing her by giving her a masculine name like "Rey"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr