or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need feminism because tumblr - Page 283

post #4231 of 5616
Revenge of the Nerds.
post #4232 of 5616
^pernicious rape culture (neckbeard rejects lash out by secretly filming women) culminates in act of rape (head nerd disguises himself as Darth Vader; rapes head cheerleader) that is played for laughs for male target demographic.
post #4233 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

I don't know what kind of people you are hanging out with, but ,maybe you should take a critical look at that

because you know it's start with an innocent joke and the next thing you know you're on raping spree
cool but you could argue that there is some sort of glorification of law breaking among poor black people and having street creed or w/e. There's no such thing when it comes to rape. Rape is vilified in western society even more than murder. Even though I think you could agree with me that being dead is somewhat worse than being raped. If Dexter was a serial rapist I doubt he would get much sympathy from the audience but let's not kid ourselves the show would never air. There aren't any secret patriarchy clubs where men high five themselves for raping women. The movie is dumb feminist propaganda I feel bad for well meaning people falling for it.

Do you have proof glorification of rape exists in western culture? If so, please present it. Dying to see it.


The film explicitly said that some people don't "get" the joke and it's these people that glorify the rape. i.e. not daddy but daddy's weird friend.

Even leaving aside these people, I do think that the culture of glorifying male sexual expression yet vilifying female sexual expression - which undoubtedly exists right across Western culture - does influence young men who then feel threatened when they come across actual real life women who aren't interested in them. The old "a slut is someone who'll fuck anyone, a bitch is someone who'll fuck anyone but you" thing.

So I feel like the culture has influence the behaviour, yes. Not by glorifying rape, but by promoting an unbalanced playing field.

Also, rape is definitely something that should be discussed in terms of gender violence. To point out the obvious, men raping women is the overwhelming majority of rape cases. As above, I think culture is likely to have played a part in this.
post #4234 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob in 89 View Post

^pernicious rape culture (neckbeard rejects lash out by secretly filming women) culminates in act of rape (head nerd disguises himself as Darth Vader; rapes head cheerleader) that is played for laughs for male target demographic.

^ haven't seen that one, from movies I have seen the only one where protagonist rapes someone and scene is somewhat lighthearted and he is not vilified is Clockwork Orange. Although the movie portrays the main character as man capable of any violent crime not only rape. But even if we assume that the movie dismisses rape as serious crime; then next question how many movies have you and me seen total to nitpick these two titles? In overwhelming majority of movies good guys/protagonists never rape, it's not socially acceptable.
post #4235 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

Dipshit:
http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-eat-sushi-while-pregnant_1245280.bc

Now go finish mowing my lawn.

Japan has been eating Sushi since the Samurai, and they are nowhere near going extinct. And I will mow you lawn right after you eat the peanuts out of my shit. Speaking of which... Peanuts have killed, and sent people to the hospital more than Sushi ever has.
post #4236 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

The film explicitly said that some people don't "get" the joke and it's these people that glorify the rape. i.e. not daddy but daddy's weird friend.

Even leaving aside these people, I do think that the culture of glorifying male sexual expression yet vilifying female sexual expression - which undoubtedly exists right across Western culture - does influence young men who then feel threatened when they come across actual real life women who aren't interested in them. The old "a slut is someone who'll fuck anyone, a bitch is someone who'll fuck anyone but you" thing.

So I feel like the culture has influence the behaviour, yes. Not by glorifying rape, but by promoting an unbalanced playing field.

Also, rape is definitely something that should be discussed in terms of gender violence. To point out the obvious, men raping women is the overwhelming majority of rape cases. As above, I think culture is likely to have played a part in this.

You are so fucking clueless. You really drank the Eve Ensler Kool-Aid.
post #4237 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

So I feel like the culture has influence the behaviour, yes. Not by glorifying rape, but by promoting an unbalanced playing field.

I agree with that. There is clearly an unbalanced playing field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Even leaving aside these people, I do think that the culture of glorifying male sexual expression yet vilifying female sexual expression - which undoubtedly exists right across Western culture - does influence young men who then feel threatened when they come across actual real life women who aren't interested in them. The old "a slut is someone who'll fuck anyone, a bitch is someone who'll fuck anyone but you" thing.

Yet rape is vilified in our culture. There is no excuse for anyone for raping someone who didn't want to have sex with him. Maybe in the middle east, not here. At least not to all sane people which are overwhelming majority. It's a societal consensus.

The unbalanced playing field is more of an impact of biology and evolution than culture. In fact in all cultures that are recorded females are more restrained sexually. Because of different reproduction strategies. Sex carries more risks for women than men, that's why women are more selective in mating and more sexually repressed. Also men can be easily cuckold, while women always raise their own offspring. It's not some patriarchal conspiracy to hold women down, it's evolution and biology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Also, rape is definitely something that should be discussed in terms of gender violence. To point out the obvious, men raping women is the overwhelming majority of rape cases. As above, I think culture is likely to have played a part in this.

Because men are stronger and can't get sex at will? Doesn't change the fact that it is wrong to rape and everyone knows that. Lesbian rape however is also a common thing.

Maybe you could argue that rape wouldn't happen so much in sexually open society, but i'd argue that it would be a case of richer getting richer. Unattractive men would stay unattractive while attractive ones would get even more pussy. Women are selective by both nature and societal programming so you won't bypass it easily.

However point is people know what is acceptable socially and what is not, like theft, rape etc. It's not innate characteristic of men to rape. Most men would never do it. These who would I am afraid that won't be influenced by this 5minute movie. If anything our culture teaches are NOT to rape and reduces number of rapes that the other way around- contrary to cultures of some shitholes like Saudi Arabia or Emirates. Ofc few idiots and actual rapists will look for excuses but consensus view on rape in society I live in is very clear.
Edited by wojt - 12/16/15 at 2:34am
post #4238 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

The unbalanced playing field is more of an impact of biology and evolution than culture. In fact in all cultures that are recorded females are more restrained sexually. Because of different reproduction strategies. Sex carries more risks for women than men, that's why women are more selective in mating and more sexually repressed. Also men can be easily cuckold, while women always raise their own offspring. It's not some patriarchal conspiracy to hold women down, it's evolution and biology. .

Even if this were actually the case historically - and I don't think it was as evolutionary psycho-anthro garbage is largely garbage - it's not relevant to today. We're not wandering across the plains of Africa trying to find our next 3 day old carcass before we starve to death.

Women today aren't any more selective in terms of who they sleep with than men, IME. Different women have different standards, just like men.

As far as evolutionary gender roles? Behaviour changes frequently within species along evolutionary paths. Evolution isn't a fixed track. Historically, I'm comfortable saying that penises fucked vaginas and that's about it.
post #4239 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Women today aren't any more selective in terms of who they sleep with than men, IME. Different women have different standards, just like men.

You're crazy to think that. Attractive women are offered dick daily. FB stalkers, getting hit on in bars, pubs, school, work even on street sometimes. If women weren't selective they would fuck all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

Even if this were actually the case historically - and I don't think it was as evolutionary psycho-anthro garbage is largely garbage - it's not relevant to today. We're not wandering across the plains of Africa trying to find our next 3 day old carcass before we starve to death.

As far as evolutionary gender roles? Behaviour changes frequently within species along evolutionary paths. Evolution isn't a fixed track. Historically, I'm comfortable saying that penises fucked vaginas and that's about it.

Still it affects women - men relationship, you can't leave it out. Often men will get hard for really pretty girl, but women will often not get wet for a pretty but weak and not confident guy. Women will still prefer men with dominant characteristics, resources or status - even successful women who have all resources they need and could be fucking dumb but hot 20year olds. We evolved certain way as a species and it's still relevant today.

Apparently it doesn't change very frequently as desired characteristics in male and females are pretty consistent through history.
Even such thing as what men find attractive the hip to waist ratio, is very consistent across the history and found to be very similar in many different civilizations.
post #4240 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

You're crazy to think that. Attractive women are offered dick daily. FB stalkers, getting hit on in bars, pubs, school, work even on street sometimes. If women weren't selective they would fuck all the time.
Still it affects women - men relationship, you can't leave it out. Often men will get hard for really pretty girl, but women will often not get wet for a pretty but weak and not confident guy. Women will still prefer men with dominant characteristics, resources or status - even successful women who have all resources they need and could be fucking dumb but hot 20year olds. We evolved certain way as a species and it's still relevant today.

I think people are selective when they can be selective.
post #4241 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

You're crazy to think that. Attractive women are offered dick daily. FB stalkers, getting hit on in bars, pubs, school, work even on street sometimes. If women weren't selective they would fuck all the time.
Still it affects women - men relationship, you can't leave it out. Often men will get hard for really pretty girl, but women will often not get wet for a pretty but weak and not confident guy. Women will still prefer men with dominant characteristics, resources or status - even successful women who have all resources they need and could be fucking dumb but hot 20year olds. We evolved certain way as a species and it's still relevant today.

Apparently it doesn't change very frequently as desired characteristics in male and females are pretty consistent through history.
Even such thing as what men find attractive the hip to waist ratio, is very consistent across the history and found to be very similar in many different civilizations.

It's funny you say that hot women are offered dick daily because the hottest girls I know get hit on rarely. Guys get real shy and either trip over themselves to try to fake confidence or will just never actually go for it for risk of failing. I don't think it helps though that two of the girls I'm thinking of are solid 9s or 10s and are at the top of their classes in med school so there is that added factor.

Just a fun fact, female promiscuity of primates is directly relative to penis size relative to body size of the male. You know what primate has the largest penis relative to body size? Humans.
post #4242 of 5616
Then think of 7 and 8s. How hard would be for these girls to go out and get laid if they feel like it? Casual sex is easier to get for women than for men.

Anyway if that 9 or 10 would come up and offer you casual sex I somewhat doubt your answer would be no. Men would have to be a bit more sophisticated to get casual sex. Ofc women love sex, but are more careful choosing partners, even for one nightstands. I thought that's common knowledge really.
post #4243 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

Then think of 7 and 8s. How hard would be for these girls to go out and get laid if they feel like it?

Probably pretty easy but I don't really doubt that about myself either. Fucking girls isn't hard you just need to actually bring up fucking them without sounding like a rapist.
post #4244 of 5616
It seems my "point" was a success, don't you think, NorCal?
post #4245 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Plus, it's mostly women who shoplift, regardless of race.

You're so gullible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr