or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need feminism because tumblr - Page 265

post #3961 of 5582
So it seems people have been getting men drunk and raping them for a long time:

Genesis 19:30-38New International Version (NIV)

Lot and His Daughters

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab[a]; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi; he is the father of the Ammonites[c] of today.
post #3962 of 5582
They didn't penetrate him with a penis, did they? No, so it wasn't a rape. Trying to portray men as victim, nice try mr. rape apologist.
post #3963 of 5582
Quote:
  he is the father of the Ammonites[c] of today.

He's the father of a group of fossilized marine mollusks??

post #3964 of 5582

lol what a rant, left no prisoners xD didn't know that guy before
post #3965 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

lol what a rant, left no prisoners xD didn't know that guy before

 

Moral relativism is a wonderful thing, isn't it? 

post #3966 of 5582
So now that Harper is out in Canada I wonder if my morbidly obese lesbian feminist friend will stop being an apologist for the niqab? Probably not.
post #3967 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

my morbidly obese lesbian feminist friend

Whoa, didn't see that coming. laugh.gif
post #3968 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

So now that Harper is out in Canada I wonder if my morbidly obese lesbian feminist friend will stop being an apologist for the niqab? Probably not.

My personal view is that it's misogynistic, primitive and conveys a certain hostility. Luckily as a libertarian I always keep front and center that my opinion on how other people dress means jack shit so "wear away."
post #3969 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReveller View Post

My personal view is that it's misogynistic, primitive and conveys a certain hostility. Luckily as a libertarian I always keep front and center that my opinion on how other people dress means jack shit so "wear away."

Well, yeah, us folks that esteem personal liberty can hold these opinions consistently. Leftist feminists cannot but you know as well as I do how they all lined up like bobble-heads to champion the misogynistic wing of Islam in the last few months in Canada.
post #3970 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Well, yeah, us folks that esteem personal liberty can hold these opinions consistently. Leftist feminists cannot but you know as well as I do how they all lined up like bobble-heads to champion the misogynistic wing of Islam in the last few months in Canada.


I think this is a bit of a mischaracterization. One can be against a practice but still believe people have the right to it and remain consistent. Mandated liberty isn't liberty at all.

 

EDIT: That is at least with harmless things like a niqab. 

post #3971 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post


I think this is a bit of a mischaracterization. One can be against a practice but still believe people have the right to it and remain consistent. Mandated liberty isn't liberty at all.

EDIT: That is at least with harmless things like a niqab. 

Progressive feminists would NEVER hold the niqab was harmless if it was a manifestation of Christianity. I mean, we're talking a group of people that live in fear and anger of "rape culture" and created "trigger warnings." If the niqab was Western and Christian in origin it would never be tolerated by them.
post #3972 of 5582

Well, I don't really know how they all feel about it but you can say okay, you can wear the thing but I think it's terrible and be consistent. 

post #3973 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Well, I don't really know how they all feel about it but you can say okay, you can wear the thing but I think it's terrible and be consistent. 

This is going to shock you but I think there's a foreign country out there, Canada, that I have a better grip on the narratives than you do.
post #3974 of 5582

You sound a bit upset. 

post #3975 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

You sound a bit upset. 

You're projecting (again).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr