or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need feminism because tumblr - Page 231

post #3451 of 5603
Thread Starter 
post #3452 of 5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

It is acceptable to have a problem with blood But not a "guy" that has a issue that is strictly for chicks...

Bleeding out of vagina every month... take the hint you are a woman.
post #3453 of 5603
http://theatln.tc/1UFJkJF
Quote:
[The barrier to women integrating into the infantry is] cultural. And that’s why the infantry may not be the best place to start in military gender integration. Instead, as counterintuitive as it might sound, the military should begin with its Special Operations Forces: elite units such as the Green Berets and SEALs. Although not the obvious move, starting here would likely make for a smoother transition over all.

How many women can pass SEAL or Green Beret training? The author talks about "grueling" advanced infantry training of the Marine Corp, but is that really the equivalent of passing special forces training?

Also, reading articles about this, it doesn't sound like they graduated from "advanced infantry training" rather they graduated from infantry training to qualify as infantry in the Marine Corp. Four out of 15 passed the course.

http://archive.marinecorpstimes.com/article/20131121/NEWS/311210014/First-female-Marines-graduate-infantry-training-takes-everything-you-got-
post #3454 of 5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post

So i very well could be a pedo
Not exactly news.
post #3455 of 5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

http://theatln.tc/1UFJkJF
How many women can pass SEAL or Green Beret training? The author talks about "grueling" advanced infantry training of the Marine Corp, but is that really the equivalent of passing special forces training?

Also, reading articles about this, it doesn't sound like they graduated from "advanced infantry training" rather they graduated from infantry training to qualify as infantry in the Marine Corp. Four out of 15 passed the course.

http://archive.marinecorpstimes.com/article/20131121/NEWS/311210014/First-female-Marines-graduate-infantry-training-takes-everything-you-got-

The fact that women can't do it proves it's sexist. Haven't you ever heard of disparate impact? Duh.

They've been changing the physical requirements for all sorts of jobs to accommodate women. Get ready, it's coming.
post #3456 of 5603
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

http://theatln.tc/1UFJkJF
How many women can pass SEAL or Green Beret training? The author talks about "grueling" advanced infantry training of the Marine Corp, but is that really the equivalent of passing special forces training?

Also, reading articles about this, it doesn't sound like they graduated from "advanced infantry training" rather they graduated from infantry training to qualify as infantry in the Marine Corp. Four out of 15 passed the course.

http://archive.marinecorpstimes.com/article/20131121/NEWS/311210014/First-female-Marines-graduate-infantry-training-takes-everything-you-got-


This was the plot of GI Jane, if I recall correctly.
post #3457 of 5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

The fact that women can't do it proves it's sexist. Haven't you ever heard of disparate impact? Duh.

They've been changing the physical requirements for all sorts of jobs to accommodate women. Get ready, it's coming.

That's a nice accomplishment, but 99% of them couldn't ruck 70 to 90 pounds for long stretches like Special Forces, and Special Op teams have to.

The Army had some females do same Ranger training, and it was a fucking joke. They had to lower the standards.
post #3458 of 5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post

That's a nice accomplishment, but 99% of them couldn't ruck 70 to 90 pounds for long stretches like Special Forces, and Special Op teams have to.

The Army had some females do same Ranger training, and it was a fucking joke. They had to lower the standards.
lets be real 99 % of men cannot either
post #3459 of 5603
Some women on NPR were lauding the broad who ran a marathon on her period, sans tampon, as a hero. They found it "empowering" and got very upset when the one male guest basically said, "What's the big deal? It's gross." laugh.gif
post #3460 of 5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Some women on NPR were lauding the broad who ran a marathon on her period, sans tampon, as a hero. They found it "empowering" and got very upset when the one male guest basically said, "What's the big deal? It's gross." laugh.gif
Must be a big day for you to be mentioned in the media
post #3461 of 5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post

lets be real 99 % of men cannot either

75%
post #3462 of 5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post

75%

You're saying 25% of 18-24 year old men could pass the physical fitness requirements of special forces training? 25% of people who get into the schools don't pass much less the general population.
post #3463 of 5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

You're saying 25% of 18-24 year old men could pass the physical fitness requirements of special forces training? 25% of people who get into the schools don't pass much less the general population.

They aren't looking for stud athletes. It's the mindset. Many of those candidates do well on ruck marches, but fail because they don't pass the psychological and the technical aspects.

Sherpas carry 60 pounds up Everest, and they didn't go to Special Forces training.
post #3464 of 5603
Sherpas have genetic modifications that give them the ability to live and work at high altitudes. They've literally evolved to be able to do what they do. That being the case, I'm not sure they're a great example for the point you're trying to make.
post #3465 of 5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Sherpas have genetic modifications that give them the ability to live and work at high altitudes. They've literally evolved to be able to do what they do. That being the case, I'm not sure they're a great example for the point you're trying to make.

Pakistani porters that carry similar weight to K2 also have special genes?

My point is that with some will, motivation, money, or whatever... At least 25% of men can carry 60 pounds of gear for some distance. Unlike most women.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr