or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need feminism because tumblr - Page 199

post #2971 of 5612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

Its cathartic and easy to call someone a rethug or libtard. I pretty much ignore that level of flaming.

The good news is that more people know what the game is about now. 80 percent of the population still can't speak English, can't identify the current vice president, or believe that the Moon is a continent in the State of Irishland. But the other 20 percent know its about the individual vs. the collective; equality of opportunity vs. equality of result; and nuclear family vs. marrying goats.
Not sure if those stats are much different than just calling someone a libtard. But my 22 year old A student daughter did ask me recently what Joe Biden did .
post #2972 of 5612
That question isn't ignorant, it's an astute observation posed as a question.
post #2973 of 5612
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

That question isn't ignorant, it's an astute observation posed as a question.

Biden is a socialist, but nonetheless he's grossly underestimated.
post #2974 of 5612
If you recall from the debate with Palin, even Joe Biden didn't know what he was actually supposed to do if elected vice president.
Quote:
BIDEN: Vice President Cheney has been the most dangerous vice president we've had probably in American history. The idea he doesn't realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that's the Executive Branch. He works in the Executive Branch. He should understand that. Everyone should understand that.

And the primary role of the vice president of the United States of America is to support the president of the United States of America, give that president his or her best judgment when sought, and as vice president, to preside over the Senate, only in a time when in fact there's a tie vote. The Constitution is explicit.

The only authority the vice president has from the legislative standpoint is the vote, only when there is a tie vote. He has no authority relative to the Congress. The idea he's part of the Legislative Branch is a bizarre notion invented by Cheney to aggrandize the power of a unitary executive and look where it has gotten us. It has been very dangerous.

US Constitution says:
Quote:
Article. I. [which defines the legislative branch, not the executive branch.]

....

Section. 3.

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, chosen by the Legislature thereof, for six Years; and each Senator shall have one Vote.

....

The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.
post #2975 of 5612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

Biden is a socialist, but nonetheless he's grossly underestimated.
If that's, the case I should have told her" He does the same thing your dad does , rant about materialism and get no respect."
post #2976 of 5612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

If you recall from the debate with Palin, even Joe Biden didn't know what he was actually supposed to do if elected vice president.
US Constitution says:

Enlighten us. What exactly do our VPs "do" pursuant to their authority as Presidents of the Senate?
post #2977 of 5612
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Enlighten us. What exactly do our VPs "do" pursuant to their authority as Presidents of the Senate?

Depends on the VP could be:


or:

H21vlDz.gif

The VP office is really cool: I've actually been in it.
post #2978 of 5612
Whatever it is the VP does we know it's a BFD.
post #2979 of 5612
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Enlighten us. What exactly do our VPs "do" pursuant to their authority as Presidents of the Senate?

Preside, of course. It's right there in the title.

I know that as a matter of custom they don't actually do it much in day to day business anymore, but they do it enough that Biden, who'd been in the senate for something like 30 years, should have known. He's just a buffoon.
post #2980 of 5612
You mean he should have known that it's a purely ceremonial function and carries no meaningful authority? You've just confirmed that Biden knew exactly what he was talking about and you're just engaging in empty semantics to attack a straw man.
Which is really odd, because it's not like it's hard to find genuinely dumb stuff Biden has said or done.
post #2981 of 5612
Biden served in the senate for many years, including the years when Al Gore cast deciding votes as president of the Senate.
post #2982 of 5612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

Biden served in the senate for many years, including the years when Al Gore cast deciding votes as president of the Senate.

Yes, and if you read the quote Ataturk started with, Biden explicitly notes that the VP casts the deciding vote in the event of a tie. So again, we're just piling on further confirmation that the dude knows his shit? Your point is that after thirty years he really should know . . . exactly what the quote Ataturk posted demonstrates that he does know?

I mean, you want to rag on Biden for staying stupid shit? Try this:

"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

Or, if you want to go more substantive, criticize him for being the credit card companies' bitch for years when he was a Senator from Delaware.

No reason to make it harder than it needs to be.
post #2983 of 5612
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

You mean he should have known that it's a purely ceremonial function and carries no meaningful authority? You've just confirmed that Biden knew exactly what he was talking about and you're just engaging in empty semantics to attack a straw man.
Which is really odd, because it's not like it's hard to find genuinely dumb stuff Biden has said or done.

Oh, what a load of horseshit. Biden was not purporting to address the question of "what power does the vice president actually wield as a practical matter." That's why he starts out by (erroneously) citing the Constitution.
Quote:
PALIN: No, no. Of course, we know what a vice president does. And that's not only to preside over the Senate and will take that position very seriously also. I'm thankful the Constitution would allow a bit more authority given to the vice president if that vice president so chose to exert it in working with the Senate and making sure that we are supportive of the president's policies and making sure too that our president understands what our strengths are. John McCain and I have had good conversations about where I would lead with his agenda. That is energy independence in America and reform of government over all, and then working with families of children with special needs. That's near and dear to my heart also. In those arenas, John McCain has already tapped me and said, that's where I want you, I want you to lead. I said, I can't wait to get and there go to work with you.

....

IFILL: Governor, you mentioned a moment ago the constitution might give the vice president more power than it has in the past. Do you believe as Vice President Cheney does, that the Executive Branch does not hold complete sway over the office of the vice presidency, that it it is also a member of the Legislative Branch?

PALIN: Well, our founding fathers were very wise there in allowing through the Constitution much flexibility there in the office of the vice president. And we will do what is best for the American people in tapping into that position and ushering in an agenda that is supportive and cooperative with the president's agenda in that position. Yeah, so I do agree with him that we have a lot of flexibility in there, and we'll do what we have to do to administer very appropriately the plans that are needed for this nation. And it is my executive experience that is partly to be attributed to my pick as V.P. with McCain, not only as a governor, but earlier on as a mayor, as an oil and gas regulator, as a business owner. It is those years of experience on an executive level that will be put to good use in the White House also.

IFILL: Vice President Cheney's interpretation of the vice presidency?

BIDEN: Vice President Cheney has been the most dangerous vice president we've had probably in American history. The idea he doesn't realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that's the Executive Branch. He works in the Executive Branch. He should understand that. Everyone should understand that.

And the primary role of the vice president of the United States of America is to support the president of the United States of America, give that president his or her best judgment when sought, and as vice president, to preside over the Senate, only in a time when in fact there's a tie vote. The Constitution is explicit.

The only authority the vice president has from the legislative standpoint is the vote, only when there is a tie vote. He has no authority relative to the Congress. The idea he's part of the Legislative Branch is a bizarre notion invented by Cheney to aggrandize the power of a unitary executive and look where it has gotten us. It has been very dangerous.

Do I really have to go through it line by line? Article I talks about the legislative branch, not the executive branch. Biden is just completely wrong about the most basic premise underlying his entire answer. And the constitution is explicit all right, but it's in saying that the vice president is the president of the senate always, not just when there's a tie vote.
post #2984 of 5612
Thread Starter 
HEY FUCKWADS, STOP SHITTING UP MY FEMINISM MOCK-THREAK WITH YOUR ADROIT POLITICAL COMMENTARY. UNLESS YOU ARE MOCKING FAT SJWS OR RAPE HOAXERS YOUR POSTS ARE NOT WELCOME HERE.
post #2985 of 5612
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Yes, and if you read the quote Ataturk started with, Biden explicitly notes that the VP casts the deciding vote in the event of a tie. So again, we're just piling on further confirmation that the dude knows his shit? Your point is that after thirty years he really should know . . . exactly what the quote Ataturk posted demonstrates that he does know?

I mean, you want to rag on Biden for staying stupid shit? Try this:

"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

Or, if you want to go more substantive, criticize him for being the credit card companies' bitch for years when he was a Senator from Delaware.

No reason to make it harder than it needs to be.


My point was that he would have known what the vice president's job was. I think I'm the only person in this conversation really defending Joe Biden. He would make a much better president that the one we have now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr