or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need feminism because tumblr - Page 195

post #2911 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Re the point above about extremism in the defense of feminism* --

A thoughtful piece discussing the "Jezebel Effect". And for whatever it's worth by way of full disclosure (because, you know, I'd hate to erode my credibility in these parts): the writer is someone I know (very slightly) socially, as she's a good friend of a good friend.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-daum-jezebel-effect-feminism-college-assault-20150601-story.html#page=1







*Old dude joke -- paraphrasing Barry Goldwater's famous comment. And for what it's worth -- as old as I am, Goldwater was before my time as well.

The Jezebel Effect seems to me as the logical outcome from the outrage machine as the newest generation turns it on the very ones that built it.
post #2912 of 5616
Given that the real Jezebel was defenestrated by members of her own court, that last comment seems very appropriate
post #2913 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Both gross. 
sorry no if one is woman who in her prime you would want to nail and if you have a lot in common with the person..
The other is just weird
post #2914 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Given that the real Jezebel was defenestrated by members of her own court, that last comment seems very appropriate

Real Jezebel?
post #2915 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Both gross. 
sorry no if one is woman who in her prime you would want to nail and if you have a lot in common with the person..
The other is just weird

Try English next time, or any other actual human language.
post #2916 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Real Jezebel?
Jezebel of legend?
post #2917 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Real Jezebel?
Jezebel of legend?

Check.
post #2918 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post


Well, if people didn't put up such a big fight to stop them from getting married then you wouldn't hear about it...

You're right, because the grievance industries of other groups have disappeared now that have been given equal opportunity.
post #2919 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

You're right, because the grievance industries of other groups have disappeared now that have been given equal opportunity.
Yeah, my Facebook is flooded with posts by Negros complaining about not being entitled to vote. So annoying.
post #2920 of 5616
Uh, hello, they're called African Americans now and they're complaining about limited early voting and voter id. How insensitive can you be?
post #2921 of 5616

Voter ID is some bullshit and you know it. Voter fraud is a made up problem.

 

Like I said, stop creating fake, prejudiced, dickhead problems and you won't hear people complain so vociferously. 

post #2922 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Voter ID is some bullshit and you know it. Voter fraud is a made up problem.

Like I said, stop creating fake, prejudiced, dickhead problems and you won't hear people complain so vociferously. 

You mean like here in MN where Senator Franken won by a margin of less than the number of felons voting? Where they convicted a dozen or so people lying about knowing people so they could register to vote? Totally made up.

The problem is it is a fairly difficult thing to catch and prosecute. The danger is likely overblown, but in close elections, it could swing the results.
post #2923 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post


You mean like here in MN where Senator Franken won by a margin of less than the number of felons voting? Where they convicted a dozen or so people lying about knowing people so they could register to vote? Totally made up.

The problem is it is a fairly difficult thing to catch and prosecute. The danger is likely overblown, but in close elections, it could swing the results.

 

See: most elections in Illinois

post #2924 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Voter ID is some bullshit and you know it. Voter fraud is a made up problem.

Can't tell if serious. If serious, then ethanm, you are either stupid or lying.
post #2925 of 5616
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post


You mean like here in MN where Senator Franken won by a margin of less than the number of felons voting? Where they convicted a dozen or so people lying about knowing people so they could register to vote? Totally made up.

The problem is it is a fairly difficult thing to catch and prosecute. The danger is likely overblown, but in close elections, it could swing the results.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post


Can't tell if serious. If serious, then ethanm, you are either stupid or lying.

 

lol. Yup, I'm the stupid one. Show me an election where voter fraud has had any impact. The argument that it's hard to catch and prosecute is the same argument that God is real, you just have to have faith!

 

For fuck's sake. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr