or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need feminism because tumblr - Page 149

post #2221 of 5582
Would smash anal cross fuckers.
post #2222 of 5582
I like the scientist's shirt. will NMWA start stocking it soon?
post #2223 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I like the scientist's shirt. will NMWA start stocking it soon?

 

Yes. $595 handmade by Japanese elves. 

post #2224 of 5582
That dude's shirt was made by a female friend of his and given to him, allegedly.
post #2225 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

So there's a bunch of handwringing over the ESA scientist, who might have landed a spaceship on a comet but who cares because his shirt is SO TRIGGERING

i would never apologize if I was him
post #2226 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

So there's a bunch of handwringing over the ESA scientist, who might have landed a spaceship on a comet but who cares because his shirt is SO TRIGGERING

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

(admittedly that guy should be ashamed of that shirt for pure style reasons but nerds gonna nerd)

meanwhile, if you are offended at this, then fuck off you cis het shitlord
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

A man lands a probe onto a comet and is then trolled into submission by his inferiors over a shirt. A typical event in the final chapter of Western civilization.
post #2227 of 5582
jiipl1m.jpg
post #2228 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

So there's a bunch of handwringing over the ESA scientist, who might have landed a spaceship on a comet but who cares because his shirt is SO TRIGGERING

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

(admittedly that guy should be ashamed of that shirt for pure style reasons but nerds gonna nerd)

meanwhile, if you are offended at this, then fuck off you cis het shitlord
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

A man lands a probe onto a comet and is then trolled into submission by his inferiors over a shirt. A typical event in the final chapter of Western civilization.

"just remember that there are no feminists when the ship hits an iceberg"

i forget where I've heard that, but i'm waiting to whip that line out at a party.
Edited by gomestar - 11/18/14 at 11:38am
post #2229 of 5582
I actually think the shirt was pretty inappropriate and ill-advised, much in the same way I'd think it inappropriate and ill-advised if I walked into a coworker's office and he had a bikini calendar on the wall. That said, the overreaction to it is outrageous, and it's downright idiotic that there exists commentary on it that goes any farther than, "that guy wears shirts with scantily-clad women on them to work? Weird."

Also, Gome, my favorite quip about that phenomenon has long been, "it's all women's lib until someone has to squish a spider."
post #2230 of 5582
Worth reading: http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainment/books/2014/11/17/transgender-pioneer-leslie-feinberg-stone-butch-blues-has-died
post #2231 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I actually think the shirt was pretty inappropriate and ill-advised, much in the same way I'd think it inappropriate and ill-advised if I walked into a coworker's office and he had a bikini calendar on the wall. That said, the overreaction to it is outrageous, and it's downright idiotic that there exists commentary on it that goes any farther than, "that guy wears shirts with scantily-clad women on them to work? Weird."

Also, Gome, my favorite quip about that phenomenon has long been, "it's all women's lib until someone has to squish a spider."

There was all kinds of commentary about how his shirt was some kind of statement on acceptance of women in science etc etc. That shirt would be weird in any science department. Dude is obviously one of those "free spirit" types with some detachment from typical norms. Nobody should be drawing any conclusions beyond A) he's weird B) he has bad taste.
post #2232 of 5582
now if it was more pinup style women, then that would have been more ok.
post #2233 of 5582
It looks like he also has (very badly done) full sleeves. Not your typical science guy I'm thinking.
post #2234 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

It looks like he also has (very badly done) full sleeves. Not your typical science guy I'm thinking.

Who knows about Europe though. Maybe they're down with that.
post #2235 of 5582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Who knows about Europe though. Maybe they're down with that.
Nope.

There are many special flowers in the r&d departments I work with, but I've yet to encounter an extreme example like this. Unless they lock them up during the day, which i would understand, but then this guy is even weirder. Admittedly I don't have much experience with esa though, only with their incubators..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › I need feminism because tumblr