or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ring Jacket Japan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ring Jacket Japan - Page 2

post #16 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradwu View Post

Any idea about the pricing? 

Just emailed them. Currently they have 3 sportcoats in cashmere available for Fall @ $995. They are bringing in more jackets in the spring.
post #17 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlau View Post

Just emailed them. Currently they have 3 sportcoats in cashmere available for Fall @ $995. They are bringing in more jackets in the spring.

If they fit me, then that would be a great price for cashmere and the level of detail Ring Jacket is said to offer. I'm impressed that it is under $1,300. This has really peaked my interest.

On their blog I saw a navy blazer and grey herringbone. I wonder what the third one is? Did they say?
post #18 of 139
Thread Starter 

Doesn't sound like too much of a markup then

post #19 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

This has really peaked my interest.

[Grammar nerd] "piqued" [/Grammar nerd] satisfied.gif

Odd jackets by Ring Jacket usually cost Y70 000 (which is pretty much directly equivalent to USD$700) for a standard wool jacket at stockists in Tokyo, although jackets made from mohair/wool blends etc often seem to cost over Y80 000 yen.

They're pretty slim cut by Western standards - I find that I have to go up a size to get a proper fit.
post #20 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

If they fit me, then that would be a great price for cashmere and the level of detail Ring Jacket is said to offer. I'm impressed that it is under $1,300. This has really peaked my interest.

On their blog I saw a navy blazer and grey herringbone. I wonder what the third one is? Did they say?

"Right now our Ring Jacket offerings are limited to three coats from them (black cashmere, navy cashmere and herringbone charcoal/light tan). We'll be getting in a wider variety in the spring.


The price is $995.00.


Let me know if you have more questions!"

I should mention, I am a US36-37 15/38 in shirts and was sized as a size 40 (which is their smallest size).

Also uploaded a picture of the salesperson sent to me. He's 5'10", 145lbs and wearing a size 40. (sleeves come unfinished).

http://imgur.com/kOJBQxv
post #21 of 139
Thread Starter 

Doesn't seem that they did many adjustments if that's a 40. Or maybe that salesperson just has ridiculously long arms.

post #22 of 139

@conradwu

 

i'm interested in ordering direct from them as well--do they have an email address? also, did you conduct the entire transaction in english or japanese (with google translate or some other thing)

post #23 of 139

I know your instagram ! my ID Shoestokyo,

1 month ago , i bought ring jacket at Isetan Dept.

 

you can find ring jacket sale products rakuten.co.jp 

post #24 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiristol View Post
 

@conradwu

 

i'm interested in ordering direct from them as well--do they have an email address? also, did you conduct the entire transaction in english or japanese (with google translate or some other thing)

 

tailorring@ringjacket.co.jp

 

English. Having a friend translate and write to them in Japanese would be extremely helpful.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronomy View Post
 

I know your instagram ! my ID Shoestokyo,

1 month ago , i bought ring jacket at Isetan Dept.

 

you can find ring jacket sale products rakuten.co.jp 

 

:D

post #25 of 139
Jason of Tumblr brokeandbespoke and I will head down to Khaki's of Carmel in two weeks. We will take lots of pics and post here or in the Khaki's thread. I understand they also have some custom Martin Greenfield jackets in. They are a unique cut and fabric for Khaki's. It should give us a lot to photograph.
post #26 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradwu View Post
 

 

tailorring@ringjacket.co.jp

 

English. Having a friend translate and write to them in Japanese would be extremely helpful.

 

 

:D

 

Great, thanks

post #27 of 139
Thread Starter 

I'll be in Tokyo around the end of the month and will stop by to see their Fall offerings. Looking to get one of dem soft odd jackets + blouson but it's hard to imagine be able to contain myself.

 

Goodbye wallet :violin:

post #28 of 139

I just engaged in an email exchange with the good folks at RJ, and they're extremely helpful, but I can't make heads or tails of the last message I received:

 

"I have your annoying Thanks for your reply.
It is at once, but it was also available in stock.
What shall I do think?

The support of our company, you will be mailed by EMS.
It is as soon as payment in foreign remittances can be confirmed at that time.
Thank you."

 

This was in response to my inquiry regarding a scarf they had on their ringjacket tumblr. Are they saying that they do have it in stock and that they will send it to me once I pay some fees? 

post #29 of 139
Thread Starter 

It seems to be in stock.

 

Ask them for total amount (scarf + remittance + shipping charges), as well as bank information so you can wire the funds over. Keep in mind you pay in JPY. Also provide them your address.

 

I've always suspected that they just used google translate for emails... this confirms it!

post #30 of 139

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by conradwu View Post

 

I've always suspected that they just used google translate for emails... this confirms it!

Yeah, they were referencing the "color of hope" in earlier messages, so unless it was some sort of metaphor for a cashmere scarf, I'm quite certain they use Google Translate. 

 

Just emailed them back. Will update once I receive a reply!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ring Jacket Japan