or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The blasphemous odd vest/ jacket thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The blasphemous odd vest/ jacket thread - Page 13

post #181 of 222

Ah, of course. I wish their blazers fit me. 

post #182 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

A suit, 3 patch pockets, I had made with the intent of breaking it:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Claghorn - is that the same suit you posted earlier in the thread? I really dig it. 

post #183 of 222

Yeah, it's my most informal suit. I have a second very casual suit from Howard Yount, but my attempts to break it were less successful.

post #184 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

x post from WAYWRN

 

 

And as people pointed out there, much better before the addition of the (too short) vest!

post #185 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

x post from WAYWRN

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Not my style as too much peacocking but DAMN!!! bounce2.gif

post #186 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

A suit, 3 patch pockets, I had made with the intent of breaking it:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Looks expensive! Can we see a full fit?

post #187 of 222

Today's my wedding anniversary, so what better excuse to go to work dressed up again? bigstar[1].gif

I thought I'd take the same jacket & vest I posted on here earlier and mix it up with slightly more formal pants & shoes to see how it worked. I need to shorten the pants a touch, but I like how it worked out. 

 

This got referred to as a suit at my office (twice!), which gives you an idea of what I work with. 

 

post #188 of 222
not a fan of that look if im honest
post #189 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by katabatic View Post

Today's my wedding anniversary, so what better excuse to go to work dressed up again? bigstar[1].gif

I thought I'd take the same jacket & vest I posted on here earlier and mix it up with slightly more formal pants & shoes to see how it worked. I need to shorten the pants a touch, but I like how it worked out. 

This got referred to as a suit at my office (twice!), which gives you an idea of what I work with. 



I think this looks sharp. It wont get love here for technical reasons, but i think you are looking good.
post #190 of 222

It's not terrible, but certainly not as good as the one you posted earlier, katabatic. I think the reason has to do with tone - everything is dark and muted to the point where there isn't enough distinction - certainly between the jacket and pants for example. The white square and the polished shoes also look as it you are trying for something more formal, but all the fabrics are informal - although I can't be entirely sure from the picture - the pants are cord, aren't they?

post #191 of 222

Yup, they're cords. Just trying stuff out. I don't really have good shoe options inbetween the Wolverine boots and the AE oxfords right now - I need to add a pair or two of good bluchers or chukkas to the closet, which would probably work better here. I just have to space out the purchasing a bit.

 

edit: also, the white linen square is a cop out, I didn't feel like thinking about it this morning :)


Edited by katabatic - 8/1/13 at 8:02pm
post #192 of 222
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katabatic View Post

Yup, they're cords. Just trying stuff out. I don't really have good shoe options inbetween the Wolverine boots and the AE oxfords right now - I need to add a pair or two of good bluchers or chukkas to the closet, which would probably work better here. I just have to space out the purchasing a bit.

 

edit: also, the white linen square is a cop out, I didn't feel like thinking about it this morning :)


hey, you looked great in that pic. fing02[1].gif         a little dark, but maybe that was your aim...?      anyway, keep it up.

remember, we don't post fits here to get critiqued unless you ask for it.  so if somebody hates it..... they are in the wrong thread. so show off your style! biggrin.gif

post #193 of 222

I think the main thing that spoils that fit is the shirt collar. But that could just be me.

post #194 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by size 38R View Post

more pics...post em up!

 

*

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), default quality

just to keep things rolling.

 

That appears to be an attached wing collar.  If I am correct, shame upon the costume designer!

post #195 of 222
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calder View Post

I think the main thing that spoils that fit is the shirt collar. But that could just be me.


yeah, button collar....uhoh.gif but the look is nice. as a whole, it is a good fit for work or play.

 

 

 

 

same goes for the costume in Mr Selfridge. Good look as a whole.  and odd components in the fit.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The blasphemous odd vest/ jacket thread