or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Hall of Shame - eBay Listing Bloopers, What NOT to do
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hall of Shame - eBay Listing Bloopers, What NOT to do - Page 10

post #136 of 296

For those with Mis-Matched feet, some mis-matched shoes

 

MERRELL MEN SHOE~MISMATCH~SZ.5~SZ.5.5~MOC~DRESS~CASUAL~BOAT SHOE~DOCKSIDE~MOTOCY

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERRELL-MEN-SHOE-MISMATCH-SZ-5-SZ-5-5-MOC-DRESS-CASUAL-BOAT-SHOE-DOCKSIDE-MOTOCY-/251315977977?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a83997ef9

 

post #137 of 296

Sixe 6W

 

Women's dress Crocs... WTF is this even real? Do they actually counterfeit Crocs? Another ladies shoe in mens shoe area.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOMEN-CROCS-DRESS-SHOE-Sixe-6W-/171095125567?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item27d6106e3f

 

post #138 of 296
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post

For those with Mis-Matched feet, some mis-matched shoes

 

MERRELL MEN SHOE~MISMATCH~SZ.5~SZ.5.5~MOC~DRESS~CASUAL~BOAT SHOE~DOCKSIDE~MOTOCY

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERRELL-MEN-SHOE-MISMATCH-SZ-5-SZ-5-5-MOC-DRESS-CASUAL-BOAT-SHOE-DOCKSIDE-MOTOCY-/251315977977?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a83997ef9

 

From the description...

 

 

Quote:
 If you need anything else, please send any questions directly through the ebay listing. Good luck and happy bidding!And Pls. PLS.before leaving a negative FEEDBACK,Let's try and resolve problem first.THANK YOU SO much. yourstore10,WE,we,SELL NO SHOES,UNTIL IT'S READY FOR YOUR FEET.
post #139 of 296

Is it me or is "Black Oxford Shoes" a poor description here? Look through the whole description and nobody discusses the elephant in the room...

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmonds-Bel-Air-Black-Oxfords-Shoes-Size-8-E-Very-Good-Shape-325-/380692473328?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item58a30a25f0

 

post #140 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post

Is it me or is "Black Oxford Shoes" a poor description here? Look through the whole description and nobody discusses the elephant in the room...

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmonds-Bel-Air-Black-Oxfords-Shoes-Size-8-E-Very-Good-Shape-325-/380692473328?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item58a30a25f0

 

 

So I looked at this again, these looked like they are dyed Gold. Then looking at them again, it looks like they may be black but the lighting is just so bad... I just can't tell, but you would think with a name like indigophoto they could take a little better picture so I am going with Gold.

post #141 of 296
I think he just means the fact that they are bluchers. Honestly, I'd advertise them as oxfords too because most buyers don't know the difference and will think all dress shoes are "oxfords."
post #142 of 296

Too boot? Anyone want a size 7 To Boot loafer that may slip through with the misspelling.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Too-Boot-New-York-Senato-Penny-Loafer-size-7-/261260463888?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3cd4564f10

 

post #143 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

I think he just means the fact that they are bluchers. Honestly, I'd advertise them as oxfords too because most buyers don't know the difference and will think all dress shoes are "oxfords."


Ummm I think they are dyed bright gold, that was what caught my eye not the oxford part...

post #144 of 296
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

I think he just means the fact that they are bluchers. Honestly, I'd advertise them as oxfords too because most buyers don't know the difference and will think all dress shoes are "oxfords."

The whole "Oxford, Wingtip, Loafer" selection is an ebay flaw in my opinion. A bal wingtip would be considered an oxford correct? A blucher wingtip would be a derby. I wish they would updat the selections a bit.

post #145 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post

Ummm I think they are dyed bright gold, that was what caught my eye not the oxford part...

Just looks like horrible white balance to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

The whole "Oxford, Wingtip, Loafer" selection is an ebay flaw in my opinion. A bal wingtip would be considered an oxford correct? A blucher wingtip would be a derby. I wish they would updat the selections a bit.

Agreed. But I doubt it makes much difference as most buyers can't make the distinction.
post #146 of 296
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post


Just looks like horrible white balance to me.
Agreed. But I doubt it makes much difference as most buyers can't make the distinction.

Yeah...it still bugs the crap out of me when I cant decide whether I want to be an oxford or wingtip because it is technically both, or when it is neither.

post #147 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post


In case anyone was curious....it was me. devil.gif


Took a gamble, here is how it turned out.....

Nice ... But where is the pick go the GBeene tie? Lol
post #148 of 296
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiron View Post


Nice ... But where is the pick go the GBeene tie? Lol

Lol, There were 3 junkers. G Beene (the ugliest tie ever), Carlo Columbo (which doesn't look half bad) and DeSantis (which looks like a fake Versace)

post #149 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

What's with all the quoting here?

OK:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310716820274?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l4455&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI310716820274.N7.S1.M1003.R1.TR7

More of a pet peeve.  Who the hell wants this?  I get so frustrated when I see trashed stuff at the thrifts.  I would buy a new Target sweater for 1/3 of this before I bought a damaged $675 sweater with a 1/4" hole right at the fucking shoulder.  Also, how does Isaia get away with putting a $675 price tag on a wool sweater?

Fro $40, might be worth mending it up. Yeah, you'd probably see the repair, but it wouldn't be that dramatic if done right, and it would look like honest wear. If you usually only wear sweaters under a jacket, the repair would matter even less.

And similar target sweaters cost about $30 new, so a similar price, and the wool pills really badly and quickly. With the Isaia, it's going to be a much nicer quality wool. Still, I'm with you on the outrage over the $675 price tag.
post #150 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

There's this guy. Ran across him by accident

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-LEVIS-501-BUTTON-FLY-JEANS-SIZE-36X32-USA-MADE-DESTROYED-DISTRESSED-L6-/221266000252?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item33847b397c

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Then I was wondering if he did that for all his listings and found this.....

 

NSFW!!! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

ffffuuuu.giffacepalm.gifcrazy.gifmad.gif *insert barf gif.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Hall of Shame - eBay Listing Bloopers, What NOT to do