or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The best fitting linen trousers challenge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The best fitting linen trousers challenge - Page 2

Poll Results: The best fitting linen trousers challenge

Poll expired: Jul 29, 2013 This is a multiple choice poll
  • 50% (12)
    Victor Elfo
  • 16% (4)
    J.P. Hardy
  • 16% (4)
    Emptym
  • 41% (10)
    Butler
  • 20% (5)
    Andrey2
24 Total Votes  
post #16 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer View Post

Are blends acceptable? I have some linen/cotton, and linen/wool blends. No 100 percenters though.


I will accept blends if linen constitutes the major part, and leave it up to your conscience to adhere to this ruling! bigstar[1].gif
post #17 of 75
Thread Starter 
Please remember : "Front and back shots compulsory" - in order for us to evaluate the true fit! - I might make exceptions to the rule in the case of the reasons mentioned above, but this is the main guideline. bigstar[1].gif
post #18 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post

I refer you the text of the Challenge: "I don't care when the fit was worn." - yes you can participate, so by all means do so, notwithstanding geographical or climatic circumstances !! bigstar[1].gif

Thank you, I'd like to participate, but my main concern was the compulsory front and back photographs, because I don't have any back photographs and, as I said, there no possible way for me to don linen trousers in this weather.
post #19 of 75
Victor, the fit on those white pents is fantastic.
post #20 of 75
Thank you, I'll pass on the complements to my tailor. They're the result of a project, incorporating the Ghurka waistband model posted by Ambrosi on his blog.
Btw, the tan ones fits the same, the leg position changed how they photograph.
post #21 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Elfo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post

I refer you the text of the Challenge: "I don't care when the fit was worn." - yes you can participate, so by all means do so, notwithstanding geographical or climatic circumstances !! bigstar[1].gif

Thank you, I'd like to participate, but my main concern was the compulsory front and back photographs, because I don't have any back photographs and, as I said, there no possible way for me to don linen trousers in this weather.

How about taking 5minutes for an indoor shot from the back? bigstar[1].gif
post #22 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post

I will accept blends if linen constitutes the major part, and leave it up to your conscience to adhere to this ruling! bigstar[1].gif

Okay thanks. I'll double-check the blends and see if they qualify.
post #23 of 75
Subscribed.
post #24 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

frown.gif i has no linen trou. will have to be a bystander this time around.

 

+1...linen pants = 2 days' wear for me uhoh.gif

post #25 of 75
I have some I'll try to shoot. Don't think I can make the deadline though. What's the prize?
post #26 of 75
You get to call the next challenge and run it. Yes, it's lucrative.
post #27 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

I have some I'll try to shoot. Don't think I can make the deadline though. What's the prize?

even if you miss the deadline, please post a fit anyways. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

You get to call the next challenge and run it. Yes, it's lucrative.

lol
post #28 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

You get to call the next challenge and run it. Yes, it's lucrative.
Ah, it's one of those. I'm glad they're still running. I was wondering why the early deadline.

Unfortunately, I've been too sick to go anywhere or do anything today. Last night in the Biergarten on a typical, freezing SF summer evening set me back a couple days. But it was worth it to bask in your glow for a bit, SB.

Here's pics of some linen pants by SA that I posted a year or so ago. As mentioned then, pls. excuse the zombie expression and the not so great shirt/tie. I was taking pics of like five very different pairs of pants and had selected a shirt/tie combo that I hoped wouldn't go too bad w/ any of the pants, but I'm sure didn't go very well w/ any:
661661661
post #29 of 75
Your ambrosi look similar to what I have from NSM
post #30 of 75

I'm sorry for the poor quality photographs, there's a better one earlier on this thread of the same pair of trousers.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The best fitting linen trousers challenge