or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Professional Wrestling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Professional Wrestling - Page 3

post #31 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
Here's the problem with the Road Warriors. They're matches were usually very short. I would have to say the greatest tag team was the Hart Foundation. Road Warriors are a very close second though.

Greatest Announcer: Mean Gene
Entertainer: Dusty Rhoades
Freakshow: Abdullah the Butcher

heh, my son (now 11) wears his pj bottoms pulled up like Abdullah the Butcher. It doesn't help that he's put on a few pounds, so the resemblance is eerie.
post #32 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Boy, that post takes me back a few years. I could substitute The Rock for Stone Cold, and maybe - MAYBE - the (early) Steiner brothers for the Road Warriors.


This wasn't even the best WWF tag team never mind best over all tag team I would argue that Savage Hogan (Mega Powers) was a better tag team
post #33 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
This wasn't even the best WWF tag team never mind best over all tag team I would argue that Savage Hogan (Mega Powers) was a better tag team

I was saying The Rock as a better entertainer than Stone Cold. I had no idea they had been a tag team.
post #34 of 226
As for tag teams, if you want want with The Rock on it, I would go with The Rock N' Sock Connection (The Rock and Mankind) When I think of Tag Teams, however, I like to think about not a pairing of two individuals, but a team whose identity is larger than that of its members individually. That's why I would go with either The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and The Road Dogg) or The Dudley Boyz. Not sure if anybody here watches TNA (if you like wrestling, you should), but they have some phenomenal Tag Team including Motor City Machine Guns, Beer Money, and Generation Me. Those guys are putting on some really great matches.
post #35 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post
As for tag teams, if you want want with The Rock on it, I would go with The Rock N' Sock Connection (The Rock and Mankind)

When I think of Tag Teams, however, I like to think about not a pairing of two individuals, but a team whose identity is larger than that of its members individually. That's why I would go with either The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and The Road Dogg) or The Dudley Boyz.

Not sure if anybody here watches TNA (if you like wrestling, you should), but they have some phenomenal Tag Team including Motor City Machine Guns, Beer Money, and Generation Me. Those guys are putting on some really great matches.

This was probably the last "good" tag team. I remember Ole and Arn Anderson, the Minnesota Wrecking Crew. Good Team. The Koloffs were another good tag team.

Moving on to strange belts, I always thought the NWA's U.S. Champion was kind of a stupid belt to have, the only benefit was that you would be the top contender for the World Championship belt. Also, the Television Championship Belt. The reward was you got to wrestle on TV once a month.
post #36 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
This was probably the last "good" tag team. I remember Ole and Arn Anderson, the Minnesota Wrecking Crew. Good Team. The Koloffs were another good tag team.

Moving on to strange belts, I always thought the NWA's U.S. Champion was kind of a stupid belt to have, the only benefit was that you would be the top contender for the World Championship belt. Also, the Television Championship Belt. The reward was you got to wrestle on TV once a month.
The Television Championship is still alive on TNA (which is what NWA has become).
post #37 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
This was probably the last "good" tag team. I remember Ole and Arn Anderson, the Minnesota Wrecking Crew. Good Team. The Koloffs were another good tag team.

Moving on to strange belts, I always thought the NWA's U.S. Champion was kind of a stupid belt to have, the only benefit was that you would be the top contender for the World Championship belt. Also, the Television Championship Belt. The reward was you got to wrestle on TV once a month.

Were the Koloffs Nicolai Volkoff and Ivan Koloff? Remember the Mongols? Beppo and Geeto? Beppo was Ivan Koloff with a Bald Head and top knot, oh to be 9 years old again!

I still get goosebumps from the HEAT that generated on a saturday morning whenever the tv announcer said "GEORGE THE ANIMAL STEEEEEEEEELE!!!!! Unreal heal even by today's standards.
post #38 of 226
too bad you missed solie, florida wrestling was the greatest promotion ever IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post
As for tag teams, if you want want with The Rock on it, I would go with The Rock N' Sock Connection (The Rock and Mankind)

When I think of Tag Teams, however, I like to think about not a pairing of two individuals, but a team whose identity is larger than that of its members individually. That's why I would go with either The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn and The Road Dogg) or The Dudley Boyz.

Not sure if anybody here watches TNA (if you like wrestling, you should), but they have some phenomenal Tag Team including Motor City Machine Guns, Beer Money, and Generation Me. Those guys are putting on some really great matches.
post #39 of 226
the eliminators rvd/sabu
post #40 of 226
What are your favourite finishers?
post #41 of 226
stone cold stunner
ddt
choke slam
piledriver (jerry lawler style)
post #42 of 226
The Perfect-Plex/Hennig-Plex/Fisherman Suplex was poetry in motion.
post #43 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
greatest tag team: road warriors
greatest announcer: gordon solie
greatest entertainer: stone cold
greatest freakshow: kamala or kabuki

tag teams: dudleys, rick martel/tony garea, hart foundation
announcer: jr
entertainer: stone cold, and macho man
freakshow: george the animal steele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
What are your favourite finishers?

jackknife powerbomb
running powerslam
lesnar's f5
jake the snake roberts' ddt
post #44 of 226
also, this is genius... evan bourne 360s from the top rope and gets an rko in mid-air.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #45 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
Were the Koloffs Nicolai Volkoff and Ivan Koloff? Remember the Mongols? Beppo and Geeto? Beppo was Ivan Koloff with a Bald Head and top knot, oh to be 9 years old again!

I still get goosebumps from the HEAT that generated on a saturday morning whenever the tv announcer said "GEORGE THE ANIMAL STEEEEEEEEELE!!!!! Unreal heal even by today's standards.

Yes on the Koloffs, no on the Mongols. I got into to NWA when Tully Blanchard was the TV champion with Babydoll and he would fued with Dusty Rhoades and Magnum T.A. (there was once the craziest opening to NWA wrestling right after Magnum T.A.'s motorcycle accident.)

My best wrestling moment would probably be when I witnessed the Road Warriors and Sam Houston defeat the Koloffs and Krusher Krushev to win the 6 man cup. It was a fucking cup!!! Also the fued between the Road Warriors and the New Breed was great, good wrestling action. The AWA back then was interesting too with my all time favorite heel Larry Zebysko.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Professional Wrestling