or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Professional Wrestling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Professional Wrestling - Page 16

post #226 of 251
and just in time for another fast and furious movie...
post #227 of 251
FIgure it's time to necro this thread.

Pretty excited as I'm going to the Absolute Intense Wreslting show here in Cleveland tomorrow night. ROH champ Michael Elgin will be defending his championship and former TNA star Chris Sabin will be there as well. Should be a hell of a show.
post #228 of 251
Damn, I thought this was going to be about MITB
post #229 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Damn, I thought this was going to be about MITB

Haha. Everybody knows that Cena is going to win. Vince is too freaked out to let anybody else hold the belt.
post #230 of 251
With Bryan and Punk out, this is the only reason I watch WWE these days:

MTni7uK.jpg



I don't blame Jerry for catching a peek

g7ISXgK.jpg
post #231 of 251
Ambrose on the mic alone is worth the price of admission.
post #232 of 251
Man, the Shield-Evolution match in Extreme Rules was great. Forgive the lame reference, but I never really "believed in the Shield" (especially when they were coming up) but the past feuds with the Wyatts and Evo really turned me on to them. Breaking them up was kind of wtf but that's WWE for ya!
post #233 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Man, the Shield-Evolution match in Extreme Rules was great. Forgive the lame reference, but I never really "believed in the Shield" (especially when they were coming up) but the past feuds with the Wyatts and Evo really turned me on to them. Breaking them up was kind of wtf but that's WWE for ya!

Yeah, I was a big fan of the phrase "hounds of justice".
post #234 of 251
the shield started end 2012 so it was about time to break them up lest they turn to dx or nwo and become lame old versions of themselves. they also ahd to push rollins since he's becoming the x-pac of the group, and the other 2 looks like they're ready to break out which the wwe needs, specially with daniel bryan out and cm punk not returning.

great send off for vicky guerrero btw.
post #235 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

the shield started end 2012 so it was about time to break them up lest they turn to dx or nwo and become lame old versions of themselves. they also ahd to push rollins since he's becoming the x-pac of the group, and the other 2 looks like they're ready to break out which the wwe needs, specially with daniel bryan out and cm punk not returning.

great send off for vicky guerrero btw.

Supposedly, Rollins is the biggest prospect in the group. I haven't watched much of his NXT stuff, but he's supposed to be a "five-tool" guy.

Ambrose is awesome and I have little doubt that he's going to be a big star for a long time.

Reigns is where I differ from most people. I know that many people are really high on him and see him as a potential super-duper star. The problem is that at some point he's going to need to talk on the mic for longer than 20 seconds at a time and I don't think he can do it. There's also the issue that his finishing move requires two other people to help which will be a long term problem as well (yes, I'm joking).
post #236 of 251
I'm kind of on the fence with Reigns too. He has the look but that's about it. But in fairness, not a lot of this generation has mic skills (that includes super main draw Daniel Bryan). I mean, people love Reigns so much that a lot of them wouldn't have minded if he was the one who ended Taker's streak. I would have preferred him to Lesnar to be honest.
post #237 of 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

I'm kind of on the fence with Reigns too. He has the look but that's about it. But in fairness, not a lot of this generation has mic skills (that includes super main draw Daniel Bryan). I mean, people love Reigns so much that a lot of them wouldn't have minded if he was the one who ended Taker's streak. I would have preferred him to Lesnar to be honest.

I would say that Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Dolph Ziggler, and Bad New Barrett are all really good on the mic. Would love to see any of them get a push over Reigns
post #238 of 251
Could never get behind Ziggler. Lot of smarks love him but I've never been impressed tbh. Oh, well.

God, Sandow is amazing though. He kills it whenever he gets on the mic!
post #239 of 251
yup sandow's amazing... to bad he got stuck in that stupid scholar gimmick and now he's being pushed further down the comic relief path, where santino marella lives.
post #240 of 251
Say what you will about Santino but damn if he doesn't make me chuckle internally at least once when they actually put him on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Professional Wrestling