or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Common Projects Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Common Projects Thread - Page 48

post #706 of 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwhite217 View Post

Does anybody have a pair of the three strap achilles? Thinking about pulling the trigger on the brown pair.

They look a little orthopedic to me.
post #707 of 1407
Ordered my Chelseas from End yesterday afternoon. Got them today. Wonderful!
post #708 of 1407
There should be an upgrade service where Kanye delivers your Chelseas to you.
post #709 of 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorishconsumer View Post

There should be an upgrade service where Kanye delivers your Chelseas to you.
That would be enough to keep me from buying them.
post #710 of 1407

Lol

post #711 of 1407

Hey Guys I'm a CP newbie.  I ordered one today but I am unsure of the size now and might have to exchange them.  I am an 8.5 in Nike and 8.5 in my Adidas Stan Smiths.  Converting to EU sizes seems very confusing.  I tried a 40 at the store today and they were pretty snug in width but the length was good i think.  Then I tried the 41 which fit perfectly with width but were a tad bit longer, just a tad bit.  

 

Which size should I get? Will the 40 stretch to like a 40.5? I am worried the 41 might stretch even more and make them loose. 

 

Also are they Unisex sizes, maybe I should get a women's size to see if that fits better?

post #712 of 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPNEWBIE View Post

Hey Guys I'm a CP newbie.  I ordered one today but I am unsure of the size now and might have to exchange them.  I am an 8.5 in Nike and 8.5 in my Adidas Stan Smiths.  Converting to EU sizes seems very confusing.  I tried a 40 at the store today and they were pretty snug in width but the length was good i think.  Then I tried the 41 which fit perfectly with width but were a tad bit longer, just a tad bit.  

Which size should I get? Will the 40 stretch to like a 40.5? I am worried the 41 might stretch even more and make them loose. 

Also are they Unisex sizes, maybe I should get a women's size to see if that fits better?

I've found they stretch width wise, usually tight on me out of the box. I wouldn't go longer.
post #713 of 1407
So should I go a 40 and wait for them to stretch?
post #714 of 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPNEWBIE View Post

So should I go a 40 and wait for them to stretch?

They'll stretch a little, but if you need a whole width larger I would go with a different size (or maybe different brand). If they just need a little stretch I would go with the correct length.

The bballs lows are a little wider, i take a size down on those.
post #715 of 1407
Thanks mate. Looks like I'm heading back to the store tomorrow and trying them on again. The guy at the store was a useless, condescending prick! Hope there is someone more helpful there tomorrow lol
post #716 of 1407

Were you wearing the right socks?  I guess I mean to say - were you wearing the socks you would normally choose when wearing the shoes?

 

You may be in that middle area.  I am a 7 or 7.5 in most shoes and I needed to go with a 39.  Sounds to me like you are a 40 or 41, for sure.  I would say go with what you can tolerate.  Shoes break in.  Leather stretches a bit and molds.  Sounds to me like you'll be happy with either.  If it were me - if I can tolerate the tightness... that's what I would go with.

post #717 of 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPNEWBIE View Post

Hey Guys I'm a CP newbie.  I ordered one today but I am unsure of the size now and might have to exchange them.  I am an 8.5 in Nike and 8.5 in my Adidas Stan Smiths.  Converting to EU sizes seems very confusing.  I tried a 40 at the store today and they were pretty snug in width but the length was good i think.  Then I tried the 41 which fit perfectly with width but were a tad bit longer, just a tad bit.  

Which size should I get? Will the 40 stretch to like a 40.5? I am worried the 41 might stretch even more and make them loose. 

Also are they Unisex sizes, maybe I should get a women's size to see if that fits better?

They will stretch some in width and overall girth, if you force your foot to be putting enough pressure on them. They will not stretch in length. That being said, you shouldn't be in pain.
post #718 of 1407
Thanks guys.haha I am so confused. The 40 did feel alright in length but the width was tight and it showed on the outside too like the foot was pushing on the sides. The 41 felt comfortable width wise but I'm worried it might stretch even more making it bigger.
post #719 of 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPNEWBIE View Post

Thanks guys.haha I am so confused. The 40 did feel alright in length but the width was tight and it showed on the outside too like the foot was pushing on the sides. The 41 felt comfortable width wise but I'm worried it might stretch even more making it bigger.

If there is extra room in the toe box, then likely you will start sliding after some wear. Take a look at the BBalls, as was previously mentioned.
Edited by whorishconsumer - 4/21/16 at 5:52pm
post #720 of 1407
I see what you mean, that wouldn't be too comfortable. Thanks. Might pop in to the store again and try the 40 on and see if I can tolerate the tightness, otherwise I will stick to the 41. frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Common Projects Thread