or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Common Projects Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Common Projects Thread - Page 15

post #211 of 1416
Dumb question, but are these Vintage Hi's too big? My big toe is where my thumb is:



The shoes are obviously too long, but I feel my pinkie toes brushing right against the sides of the shoes at rest, though they're not tight. I have enough room to scrunch my toes to where they don't rest against the sides, but it's obviously not a natural thing to do.


I'm worried that sizing down might be too tight in the width (not to mention that it'd be a hassle having to order another pair and selling off this one; shoot me a PM if you'd be interested in them, though), but at the same time I'd rather get the "right" size for me.

So how are CP supposed to fit? Should they fit tight? For reference, the above Hi's are a 41. I'm a:

- 8.5 in Nike
- 8 in Vans
- 8 in Chucks (?)
- 7 in Clarks DB
- 7 in Red Wing 875

Should I go for the 40?
post #212 of 1416

They fit a bit longer than most sneakers I think. I've got a few different models in size 44 and on all of them I have a bit more room in the toe box than I would in a size 11.5 of Nike or Adidas but the sides are snug. There's definitely too much space between where your toes end and the end of the toe box on those 41s in the photo. Sizing down seems like the only option.

post #213 of 1416
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post

Dumb question, but are these Vintage Hi's too big? My big toe is where my thumb is:



The shoes are obviously too long, but I feel my pinkie toes brushing right against the sides of the shoes at rest, though they're not tight. I have enough room to scrunch my toes to where they don't rest against the sides, but it's obviously not a natural thing to do.


I'm worried that sizing down might be too tight in the width (not to mention that it'd be a hassle having to order another pair and selling off this one; shoot me a PM if you'd be interested in them, though), but at the same time I'd rather get the "right" size for me.

So how are CP supposed to fit? Should they fit tight? For reference, the above Hi's are a 41. I'm a:

- 8.5 in Nike
- 8 in Vans
- 8 in Chucks (?)
- 7 in Clarks DB
- 7 in Red Wing 875

Should I go for the 40?
yes you should go down a size. Everyone says they fit big but I think they just fit long and narrow. I am a 12.5US but mostly wear 12s bc their typical isn't 12.5. I wear 45 in cp's and they are usually tight width wise in the beginning. I've learned to just wear them at that size and use a shoe stretcher to stretch out the tight areas when I'm not wearing them. After that and a few wears they feel perfect.
post #214 of 1416
same size for achilles low and achilles mid? 46 is great for me in achilles low, but too big in other styles (slip on). will low and mid fit exactly the same?
post #215 of 1416
Quote:
Originally Posted by avery View Post

same size for achilles low and achilles mid? 46 is great for me in achilles low, but too big in other styles (slip on). will low and mid fit exactly the same?
44 in achilles low, couldnt wear 44 in achilles mid, i went with 44 in the low because the 44 was a too tight, so they are a tad too long but the 44 in the mid was too big around the ankle. i wear a 43 in the vintage bball
post #216 of 1416
To follow up on my last post, should I size down to a 40, or actually try sizing all of the way down to a 39?

How big of a difference does sizing down one in CP make?
post #217 of 1416
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post

To follow up on my last post, should I size down to a 40, or actually try sizing all of the way down to a 39?

How big of a difference does sizing down one in CP make?

 

go with 40. or, if i were you, go find a shop in san francisco to try on

post #218 of 1416

cosign on the 40. You have a ton of space in the toebox but IMO siing down 2 might be too much

post #219 of 1416

to the cp hi's person, im a full size bigger than u in all the shoes u listed.

9.5/10 nike

9 vans

8.5 clarks/boots/etc.

41 cp

 

not sure if sizing down might be too small width wise though

post #220 of 1416
I tried on a pair, size 41, and I am normally a 9.5 in nikes/adidas, 8d alden, and they seemed a tad long, but not as long as pictured above, certainly, and they felt a little tight widthwise. Will that stretch at all? They also felt rather flat-soled, and wasn't sure they'd become much more comfortable. for the price they better be.
post #221 of 1416

Has any of you tried the Jason Markk Repel on CP? I want one but afraid that the leather will be damaged.

post #222 of 1416
What do you guys think about the Achilles Low in olive? I'm kinda tired of wear white with my denim.

post #223 of 1416
I think the olive is nice, but I like the grey even more. Looks sharp with almost all denim colors too
post #224 of 1416

Hello guys, where can I buy a black bball lows with discount? Thanks

post #225 of 1416
i have the olive and really like them
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Common Projects Thread