I'm new to the high end watch world, but it's time to up my game a bit. I know much of this is personal preference, but I'm hoping the watch experts can review my thoughts/requirements below and provide some great ideas.
- Rolex is out... beautiful watches, just too common and boring
- Budget under $8k
- Love nothing more than the look of a sweeping second hand
- Don't really need chrono, but looks cool if could find one with sweeping second hand
- Not really thrilled about having to "wind" an automatic watch, but seems like Automatic is probably the best purist solution in the high end watch market
- Seeing more and more leather bands, which look comfortable and I love the look of brown leather. Does this make the watch look less dressy?
- Will mostly be worn with business attire
- Love the look of the Breitlings
Finally, I'll be in Switzerland/Germany in a couple of months... not sure if it's possible to get any deals locally on high end watches?