or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Incotex sizing - us to eu
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Incotex sizing - us to eu

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
So I searh and trying to figure out which size to buy. I tried the us pant size 33 adding 16 to get the 49 eu pant size, but looking at yoox the sizing doesn't seem correct.

Can anyone help me navigate shopping online so I can buy my incotex pants in the right size. In a 33 waist usa

Thanks a ton!
post #2 of 12

I think Yoox is listing the US size so you don't need to know the EU size.

post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballmouse View Post

I think Yoox is listing the US size so you don't need to know the EU size.
Thanks, I was starting to wonder when I saw size 30 in the site,

How do incotex fit? For example I'm usually 33 waist but in Zanella I must wear 34. Would a 34 incotec be too loose in the waist?

Thanks again
post #4 of 12
Incotex is inconsistent, a 32 may fit like a 30, 31, 32, 33 or 34
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Incotex is inconsistent, a 32 may fit like a 30, 31, 32, 33 or 34

That is my experience. I wear 34" jeans. In incotex (and Mabitex) chinos I go up two sizes.
In incotex linens, maybe one size up.
post #6 of 12
Inco sizing can be tricky at first. Here's a few reasons why:

- They are generally sized accurately instead of the usual "vanity sizing" that dominates the US market. Vanity sizing is usually 2 sizes smaller than your real waist (e.g. if you are a 36 you buy 34s).

- They are Euro sized (e.g. a 36 is marked a 52; 34 is a 50, etc.)

- They make them in Romania, Portugal, and - these seem harder to find and may only be the upper end lines - in Italy. Fit can vary a bit by factory.

- There are several cuts. All are much trimmer than US pants, but some are really, really slim. You can usually tell these apart by the ankle measurement - if it is 7.5" or smaller, they are ball crunchers. Look for ones with a 8.5" leg opening.

That said, they are my favorite pants. Pretty much all I own or wear at this point due to a great run during the old Daffy's product dumps that wound up on B&S. Insanely comfortable and well made, but stupidly priced at full retail. Once you nail your sizing, you can find them for between $60-100 (depending upon fabric) on FleaBay.
post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Any have suggestions on where I can locate these besides online, as I would like to try on. Ill be working in Manhattan so have access there if anyone knows where to locate them in NYC
post #8 of 12

I have a 36" waist, wear size 34 in most vanity-sized brands, and 52 in all Incotex I've found (all made in Romania, found on Ebay or Mr Porter).

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYliGuy View Post

Any have suggestions on where I can locate these besides online, as I would like to try on. Ill be working in Manhattan so have access there if anyone knows where to locate them in NYC

Barney's
Sak's
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordjeebus View Post

I have a 36" waist, wear size 34 in most vanity-sized brands, and 52 in all Incotex I've found (all made in Romania, found on Ebay or Mr Porter).

So basically the waist size 36 Plus16rule is accurate if you're a 52 incotex
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post

Inco sizing can be tricky at first. Here's a few reasons why:

- They are generally sized accurately instead of the usual "vanity sizing" that dominates the US market. Vanity sizing is usually 2 sizes smaller than your real waist (e.g. if you are a 36 you buy 34s).

- They are Euro sized (e.g. a 36 is marked a 52; 34 is a 50, etc.)

- They make them in Romania, Portugal, and - these seem harder to find and may only be the upper end lines - in Italy. Fit can vary a bit by factory.

- There are several cuts. All are much trimmer than US pants, but some are really, really slim. You can usually tell these apart by the ankle measurement - if it is 7.5" or smaller, they are ball crunchers. Look for ones with a 8.5" leg opening.

That said, they are my favorite pants. Pretty much all I own or wear at this point due to a great run during the old Daffy's product dumps that wound up on B&S. Insanely comfortable and well made, but stupidly priced at full retail. Once you nail your sizing, you can find them for between $60-100 (depending upon fabric) on FleaBay.

In my limited experience they fit TTS. If they are marked it44 the waist is just 28 inch. Most other trousers are 1.5-2 inch larger them marked size . Probably that’s why most people would size up by 1 size.
post #12 of 12
Noticed you were looking on Yoox. FYI, their sizing is done in a very confusing way. The size you see displayed is not the actual US size. It somehow corresponds to the equivalent suit size...

What you need to do is click through to see what they list as the Italian size for the pants. This is correct. Then you can back convert to your US size, and you will get something very different from what it was originally sized as by Yoox. Makes very little sense.

So, for example, these http://www.yoox.com/us/36436460EB/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=&sizeId=5

are listed as a 42, but then it says the Italian size on them is a 52, which is obviously more like a 34 or so, not a 42.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Incotex sizing - us to eu