or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RLBL Suits - Inner label now solid black, did they change manufacturers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RLBL Suits - Inner label now solid black, did they change manufacturers?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Not sure how long ago this happened, but noticed the inner label on the RLBL Anthony suits are now black with white writing. Did they change makers? The pants also appear to be cut slimmer throughout now?
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportin_life View Post

Not sure how long ago this happened, but noticed the inner label on the RLBL Anthony suits are now black with white writing. Did they change makers? The pants also appear to be cut slimmer throughout now?

 

I have a grey RLBL suit from the fall of 2007, and the label is black with white writing.

post #3 of 11
it has been like that for a while.....when did you last saw RLBL suit?
post #4 of 11
Anthony or Austin? And the label has been like that since 07?
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Strange, I must be really outdated. The last time I looked at buying a new RLBL was probably 2-3 years ago and I used to go to the RL mansion in Los Angeles. I could have sworn they still had the old Caruso tags, or maybe I'm getting confused with the Caruso suits from Yoox. I think the last "new" one I handled was 2 years ago from Mr. Porter, and I also thought it had the same tags but guess I'm remembering wrong.

It says Anth so I'm assuming Anthony? Do you know who makes them now? The fit seems a tad slimmer compared to my older RLBL suits.
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportin_life View Post

Strange, I must be really outdated. The last time I looked at buying a new RLBL was probably 2-3 years ago and I used to go to the RL mansion in Los Angeles. I could have sworn they still had the old Caruso tags, or maybe I'm getting confused with the Caruso suits from Yoox. I think the last "new" one I handled was 2 years ago from Mr. Porter, and I also thought it had the same tags but guess I'm remembering wrong.

It says Anth so I'm assuming Anthony? Do you know who makes them now? The fit seems a tad slimmer compared to my older RLBL suits.

Still caruso as far as I know

edit: Also I thought you could pull out two tags at certain point, like one is the little black tag and the old white caruso tag is still there just sewn further down? At least that was the case 2 years ago.
post #7 of 11
I think OP is referring to the mini tag inside the jacket (small black square with white lettering). They used to have the Caruso tag, but they're now used in RLPL suiting only.

They probably switched tags so people wouldn't get confused between RLBL and RLPL since they're both manufactured by Caruso.

So basically, the current RLBL tags are the same ones used in the Made in Italy RL Rugby suiting.
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

I think OP is referring to the mini tag inside the jacket (small black square with white lettering). They used to have the Caruso tag, but they're now used in RLPL suiting only.

They probably switched tags so people wouldn't get confused between RLBL and RLPL since they're both manufactured by Caruso.

So basically, the current RLBL tags are the same ones used in the Made in Italy RL Rugby suiting.

That is the tag I was referring to. I didn't realize how obscure my initial post was until I re-read it. On a RLBL suit I just bought last week, the inner pocket no longer has the Caruso tag. I only have a single square black mini-tag... I guess this change was recent?
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Sorry for the crappy pic, but this is what I am referring to. The suit doesn't have the white inner sq Caruso tag in the pocket, but only this one and then a small undertag with a bunch of numbers on it below this one:

post #10 of 11
Still Caruso.
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Still Caruso.
+100. AFAIK Caruso (not Cantarelli) have been at it a long time now. I have not noticed any size changes and have Suits as far back as 06" and as recent as current Season.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RLBL Suits - Inner label now solid black, did they change manufacturers?