or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread - Page 43

post #631 of 903
Cap, didn't anyone ever tell you that faster is not necessarily better?

smile.gif
post #632 of 903

Didn't anyone tell you that not getting all of them is not going to be better?

 

:D

post #633 of 903

 I'd like to point out that having a bonus point for "If you or your significant other’s last name is same with that clan" isn't really fair. Sure, I could get a bonus point for being married to a Grant, but why should I be able to get a bonus point where others wouldn't be able to in any situation?

 

That being said, I found a McInnis item and a MacDonald item today. :)

post #634 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

 I'd like to point out that having a bonus point for "If you or your significant other’s last name is same with that clan" isn't really fair. Sure, I could get a bonus point for being married to a Grant, but why should I be able to get a bonus point where others wouldn't be able to in any situation?

 

That being said, I found a McInnis item and a MacDonald item today. :)

 

If you find a McEwen tartan or an Argyll district tartan I will pay for you to forge my name.....

post #635 of 903

McInnis for the win?

 

post #636 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

 I'd like to point out that having a bonus point for "If you or your significant other’s last name is same with that clan" isn't really fair. Sure, I could get a bonus point for being married to a Grant, but why should I be able to get a bonus point where others wouldn't be able to in any situation?

That being said, I found a McInnis item and a MacDonald item today. smile.gif

1. Grant tartan is really easy to find, so why are you complaining?.
2. Of course not fair. What is?
3. All you have to do is win! Then you can do your own list.

lol8[1].gif
post #637 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post


1. Grant tartan is really easy to find, so why are you complaining?.
2. Of course not fair. What is?
3. All you have to do is win! Then you can do your own list.

lol8[1].gif

 

LOL....and that is the real challenge.

post #638 of 903

I also have a lot of thrift store tags laying around, and a few Grant tartan items in the house... 

post #639 of 903
I for one don't see much tartan in my neck of the woods. But catside said it, you win, your list, your rules.

hollaaa!!
post #640 of 903

If I ever win this thing, you guys are going to be digging in places you've never thought of in the thrift stores... :stirpot:

post #641 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

If I ever win this thing, you guys are going to be digging in places you've never thought of in the thrift stores... :stirpot:

 

​Fueco's list

  1. Used tissue from the "employees only" bathroom trash can
  2. Largest dust bunny from underneath the checkout counter.
  3. Fitting room with gum stuck under the bench.
  4. "For a good time call" from thrift restroom stall.
post #642 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

If I ever win this thing, you guys are going to be digging in places you've never thought of in the thrift stores... stirpot.gif

I am not, sir, digging through women's underwear. patch[1].gif
post #643 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post


I am not, sir, digging through women's underwear. patch[1].gif

 

 Oh no, much worse....

 
1) Tidy Whities with Brown Stain
 
 
End of list.... ANd with  that, I'm off to go ride my bike for a while. 
post #644 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

 Oh no, much worse....
 
1) Tidy Whities with Brown Stain
 
 
End of list.... ANd with  that, I'm off to go ride my bike for a while. 

Sounds like a Klobber inspired list right there.
post #645 of 903
This is fun! I finally got out and knocked of a handful of items, plus bonus points.

Having my mind work on some of these "background problems" while I'm flipping past hundreds of pieces of crap helps to relieve the monotony of the racks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread