You are thrifting for charity
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is a scavenger hunt that anyone can participate in. You do not need to sign up but you need to report results to win. Check the quick rules below and go out a huntin'.
1. All the items below must be found in thrift shops. That means thrift, charity, church and other places. Consignment stores do not count, nor does full price retail environments.
2. You do not need to purchase the item in question, you must only take a picture of it and upload it here when complete (please see below for clarification on when to upload)
3. You must print the picture above and include it with your photo of the item. They must not be photoshopped and be in the same shot. For fun, please include the price tag.
4. Do NOT upload photos one by one if you check a few things off the list. You must only upload everything in one shot when you complete all the items on the list. Occasional teasers are permitted.
5. You have until October 6th 2013, midnight to find and post all the items on the list.
6.Each item is worth 1 point and each bonus point is worth 1. Whoever has the most points (get those bonus points!!), even if they don't have all the items will be the winner.
7. The competition is ruthless, very competitive, and pedantic. Make sure match the item or check with the ref if any doubts (me).
1.A Turkish bathrobe (i.e.towel), if Made in Turkey +1 bonus point
2.Exotic skin men’s shoe (lizard, snake, emu, shark etc). Proof necessary: either written or Spoo verified.
3.Made in England men’s shirt
4.Tartan men’s accessory or clothing. If you can identify the Scottish clan +1 bonus point. If you or your significant other’s last name is same with that clan +1 more bonus point.
5.Wind instrument- woodwinds, brass winds etc. If Yamaha +1 bonus point.
6.Any J.Press item.
7.A selvedge jean, men or women’s.
8.Thomas the Tank Engine locomotive, a wooden Gordon +1 bonus point
9.A real fur coat, or a coat with real fur accents- proof necessary-
10.Made in USA plaid, double breasted suit.
11.A corduroy three piece suit. If colors are close (all shades of brown etc), gathering three separate pieces is acceptable as long as in one shop/ i.e same photo.
12.Brass candle holder.
13.Made in England Dr. Marten.
14.Any Brioni , Canali, Isaia, Corneliani, Barbera, or Kiton item
15.Handknit cardigan –tag proof necessary-, Made in Iceland or Ireland +1 bonus point.
16.Polo Ralph Lauren topcoat. Purple Label, of course, is accepted and gets a bonus point. Lauren gets only half point i.e. -0.5 bonus.
18.Non-plastic music box (metallic, wooden, porcelain). If works, record it and get one bonus point.
19.Any teak furniture -see Frenchyfoundit-
20.Double monk men’s shoe.
21.Tie with sea critters print. A bowtie with same type of print is +1 bonus point. Whales 1+ bonus point.
22.Automatic watch, any gender.
23.Beer glass with a European beer name on.
24.Any stereo equipment with wood or wood appearance case.
25.Harris tweed jacket in plaid or stripes (no pure herringbone or pure pepper and salt pattern).
+1 Bonus point each for unfound items in the last round. A backscratcher, vintage straight razor, mirrored beer sign.
Let the games begin!!!
I'm back, and I'm in.
Probably won't find squat, but it'll be fun to do, and it'll get me to follow the thread again. Clearly I've been getting too much done in real life (why is it that I'm still so far behind?).
Er, by the way, where are the exceptions to acceptable charities? Didn't read back far enough to find them.