or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread - Page 41

post #601 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post
 

I don't plan on needing to be so precise, I am going to dominate GORDAN (saying a prayer for your wife's nerves, and your dog) and the rest of youse guys.

 

Although:

"automatic or self-winding watch is a mechanical watch in which the mainspring is wound automatically as a result of natural motion of the wearer's arm, to provide energy to run the watch, making manual winding unnecessary."

 

Just a heads up, the Seiko Kinetic watch line is NOT an automatic watch, it does not use a mainspring but a standard quartz movement... :teach:

Seriously? For 4.5 hours you guys let that smack talk be unanswered? How about this to give you some spirit:

 

post #602 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post
 

Seriously? For 4.5 hours you guys let that smack talk be unanswered? How about this to give you some spirit:

 

 

Lol, I read it on the way to Baltimore and swore it said NOMINATE, not DOMINATE. I couldn't figure out what you were nominating me for....even if you did spell my name wrong.

post #603 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post

Seriously? For 4.5 hours you guys let that smack talk be unanswered? How about this to give you some spirit:



Sorry. Too busy checking items off the list.
post #604 of 903

Count me in, I may be slow off the starting gate since I cannot get out til Friday after work. Hopefully can hit 20 stores this weekend. 

post #605 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post


Sorry. Too busy checking items off the list.

HAHA this cracked me up

post #606 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by hucklecat View Post
 

Count me in, I may be slow off the starting gate since I cannot get out til Friday after work. Hopefully can hit 20 stores this weekend. 

 

20 Stores in a weekend? WTF you must live in thrift haven, I would have to drive several hundred miles to get 20 different stores...

post #607 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post

20 Stores in a weekend? WTF you must live in thrift haven, I would have to drive several hundred miles to get 20 different stores...

I seem to recall Wes hits about 70 stores a week.
post #608 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post


I seem to recall Wes hits about 70 stores a week.

Good lord, there is 1 SA in my town of 40K, 1 SA in the neighboring town. 1 SA, 1 GW, 2 Savers and a SVdP 20 miles south in Ocooney's town. I am sure there are tiny little church thrifts but I don't count those cause they are open like every other Saturday from 1 - 3 pm.

 

I drive north there is similar dearth of stores, I would have to drive into Boston area to start hitting the thrift centers 45 miles E.

post #609 of 903
Drive farther. I do.

75 in a one month rotation. Not every week.
post #610 of 903

I'm in as well.

post #611 of 903
^Thanks. 2 more to go. Get your pals to sign up.
post #612 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post

Good lord, there is 1 SA in my town of 40K, 1 SA in the neighboring town. 1 SA, 1 GW, 2 Savers and a SVdP 20 miles south in Ocooney's town. I am sure there are tiny little church thrifts but I don't count those cause they are open like every other Saturday from 1 - 3 pm.

I drive north there is similar dearth of stores, I would have to drive into Boston area to start hitting the thrift centers 45 miles E.

Dude, drive into Boston. My wife and I spent two days thrifting there. I'm still selling stuff from that haul.
post #613 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post
 

 

20 Stores in a weekend? WTF you must live in thrift haven, I would have to drive several hundred miles to get 20 different stores...

 

6 goodwills, a SA's, 2 VV's  and at least 11 independents in a 25 mile radius of our house. We picked our house out based on the geographic epi-center of thrift stores in the ATL. (give or take a block)

post #614 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by hucklecat View Post

6 goodwills, a SA's, 2 VV's  and at least 11 independents in a 25 mile radius of our house. We picked our house out based on the geographic epi-center of thrift stores in the ATL. (give or take a block)

Hahaha I hope you are joking here.
post #615 of 903

After my embarrassing no-show on the last round, and conviction not to thrift again until late Oct after I list some backlog, not gonna hop on this one.

 

On the upside, having fun digging thru stuff I forgot I had - this Sunday's listings will be sweater-centric.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread