or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread - Page 36

post #526 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post
  1.  

  2. Self Tie Bow Tie (Bonus for Polka Dot)

    700

     

That looks pre-tied to me.

-1 oooops. I mixed up what you wanted. :angry:

post #527 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post
 

10. Suede Men's Shoes (Bonus for wingtips)

Am I being pedantic? Those look like work boots not men's shoes.

 

I think those are woven shoes so I think that should offset this.

post #528 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

Is that shirt $34????

 

yes.

i remember you thrifted in san diego last time you were here. you know what im dealing with.

post #529 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post

Am I being pedantic? Those look like work boots not men's shoes.

I think those are woven shoes so I think that should offset this.

First, I am going to look up pedantic, as I have no idea what the proper use of the word is.

Second, while they might be closer to a chukka/ desert boot, I don't think they would fall into "work boot" category.
post #530 of 903
In this particular case, pedantic is synonymous with sore loser smile.gif
post #531 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post


First, I am going to look up pedantic, as I have no idea what the proper use of the word is.

Second, while they might be closer to a chukka/ desert boot, I don't think they would fall into "work boot" category.

pe·dan·tic

 (pschwa.gif-dabreve.gifnprime.giftibreve.gifk)

adj.
Characterized by a narrow, often ostentatious concern for book learning and formal rules: a pedantic attention to details.
 
---------------------------------------
The search term was "Suede Men's Shoes" , I typically don't lump in boots with shoes so I was being very precise. Just bored while I am watching the Sunday night football game.
post #532 of 903
Fortunately, I'm not in it to win it. I'd just like to get to the podium in our little Thrift Olympics, not win the gold - I don't want the burden of creating the next list of scavenger hunt criteria.

Also, wasn't trying to be sarcastic - I have genuinely never used the word pedantic nor bothered to learn its definition.
post #533 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

In this particular case, pedantic is synonymous with sore loser smile.gif

:lol: Very true, I put up a pathetic showing so I try to pull everyone down!

post #534 of 903

Totally swamped at work this morning. I will try to have a breakdown of the scoring at some point today.....

post #535 of 903

So....I believe we had 26 RSVP'd participants, and only 9 entries? You guys don't like free money? 

 

 

And the winner is......

 

 

 

CATSIDE

post #536 of 903

This one goes out to Catside.

 

post #537 of 903
Yay! teacha.gif While I enjoyed the win, I question the competition's motivation nest.gif

What happens now? Are we continuing?
post #538 of 903

congrats catside! :worship:

post #539 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

Yay! teacha.gif While I enjoyed the win, I question the competition's motivation nest.gif

What happens now? Are we continuing?

You come up with the next list and it ends the 30th? (I recommend a search for traditional fit J Crew chinos in size 36x34 (Bonus if they proxy for Shoeluv):D)

post #540 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

So....I believe we had 26 RSVP'd participants, and only 9 entries? You guys don't like free money? 

 

 

And the winner is......

 

 

 

CATSIDE

 

he-dropped-the-ball-o.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread