or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread - Page 28

post #406 of 903
Quote:

Originally Posted by capnwes 

 

THE LIST - Bigger and better than ever

 

 

  1. Canvas & Leather Bag (Bonus for Messenger Style)
  2. Pendleton Shirt
  3. A shirt with french cuffs, but not a tuxedo shirt.
  4. A Shoe Horn, for sale....not a NFS store piece. (Bonus for Brass)
  5. Jacket with Working Surgeon Cuffs.
  6. Shawl cardigan sweater
  7. Refillable cigar/cigarette lighter (Bonus for a table lighter)
  8. Two matching table lamps.
  9. Tweed Overcoat/Topcoat/Trench (Bonus for Harris Tweed)
  10. Suede Men's Shoes (Bonus for wingtips)
  11. Any Shell Cordovan Item....shoes, belt, wallet, watch band etc.
  12. A Club Collar Shirt
  13. Mirrored Beer Sign
  14. Sewing Machine (Bonus if it is built into its own table)
  15. Men's Woven Leather Sandals
  16. Cummerbund (Bonus for Solid Red)
  17. Vintage Folding Straight Razor
  18. A Trophy (Bonus for 1st place trophy)
  19. Self Tie Bow Tie (Bonus for Polka Dot)
  20. Yoga Ball or Yoga Mat
  21. Leather Gloves (Bonus for Thinsulate)
  22. Suspenders/Braces, button on style only (Bonus if Trafalgar LTD)
  23. Any piece or set from vintage Fisher Price Little People 
  24. Back Scratcher (Bonus if it is wooden)
  25. A piece of Anchor Hocking Fire King

Saw 1,2,3,5,7,8,10,13,14+,15,16,18,20,22 (Bought all 3 pair...),24 today so hoping most are still there tomorrow when I go for day 2 of 50% off. Although I bought the Jacket and Braces.

 

My oldest son kept asking me what else was on the scavenger hunt list... I am corrupting him icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #407 of 903
I can see myself at 10 points or so. I had to Google the 25.
post #408 of 903

Frenchy can just post on his blog (is he in??)

 

I need to google 3 or 4 of them.... off to the races!

post #409 of 903
I actually have 4 & 24 as one item. nod[1].gif
post #410 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Frenchy can just post on his blog (is he in??)


I need to google 3 or 4 of them.... off to the races!
Still working on him. He thought it would be weird carrying around, taking pics of, and posting pics of himself. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

I actually have 4 & 24 as one item. nod[1].gif

Me too
Edited by capnwes - 9/2/13 at 1:45pm
post #411 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

I can see myself at 10 points or so. I had to Google the 25.

If you also do a eBay completed listings search, you may thank me depending on what you find. I sold a $0.50 coffee mug for $75 a couple years back.
post #412 of 903
In for round 4.
post #413 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

If you also do a eBay completed listings search, you may thank me depending on what you find. I sold a $0.50 coffee mug for $75 a couple years back.

Fire King, along with nice vintage Pyrex and even Melmac has disappeared from every thrift I have been to for years. MCM hipsters hoarding it.
post #414 of 903

PRIZE UPDATE:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

If the winner can manage to find all 25 items and complete all of the bonus criteria, the prize will be $50 Visa Gift Card instead of $20

post #415 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

PRIZE UPDATE:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

If the winner can manage to find all 25 items and complete all of the bonus criteria, the prize will be $50 Visa Gift Card instead of $20

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #416 of 903
We gone pro? Real money?
post #417 of 903
Hope you bought that Vintage Washed LaCoste. i found a couple and was surprised when posted on Ebay...they are in demand.
post #418 of 903

Checked 8 or so items off the list today.  Stores were really packed, though, so I opted to skip looking for a few items until things were calmer.  I did get a lot of weird looks when taking pics, though. biggrin.gif

post #419 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor13 View Post

Checked 8 or so items off the list today.  Stores were really packed, though, so I opted to skip looking for a few items until things were calmer.  I did get a lot of weird looks when taking pics, though. biggrin.gif

lol8[1].gif. I was wondering what everyone here does about the pics. I run around to all corners of the store and hide behind racks where no one can see me, but man, that makes it tough! I got 9 done but only the easier ones. I'm betting that cap will be keeping his 50$.eh.gif

post #420 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post

lol8%5B1%5D.gif. I was wondering what everyone here does about the pics. I run around to all corners of the store and hide behind racks where no one can see me, but man, that makes it tough! I got 9 done but only the easier ones. I'm betting that cap will be keeping his 50$.eh.gif

$30 really. Someone will at least win the $20. You never know....it's a game of determination, skill and luck. It is unlikely anyone will complete the whole bonus, but definitely possible.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread