or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread - Page 24

post #346 of 903

I think the confusion on that may be that the last hunt was looking for multiple closure buttons. A one button jacket in this case isn't referring to just one closure button, but one front button period, like this:

post #347 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

And your one button tux jacket looks just like a 4 button jacket.

Youre both right. cloud.gifStill some time though

post #348 of 903
Now that I know what a ticket pocket is....
post #349 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

And your one button tux jacket looks just like a 4 button jacket.

Youre both right. cloud.gifStill some time though

Luckily I had taken another tuxedo pic. mwink[1].gif ...has been edited.

post #350 of 903
Searched "blackwatch" on Ebay..is this a style or a brand name?
post #351 of 903
post #352 of 903

And if you're interested in the history behind it (I'm a huge nerd for this stuff) the Wikipedia entry on Scotland's Black Watch infantry unit is a cool read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Watch

post #353 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post

Luckily I had taken another tuxedo pic. mwink%5B1%5D.gif ...has been edited.

Lol,  If you cross the two, you might just have something there. That's a shawl lapel, not a peak.

post #354 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post

Luckily I had taken another tuxedo pic. mwink%5B1%5D.gif ...has been edited.

Lol,  If you cross the two, you might just have something there. That's a shawl lapel, not a peak.

laugh.gif Aaaaaaarghhh! I forgot to even check on that . Maybe I could just pull some buttons off the other one.

post #355 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post

Here goes....

My name didn't come out clear in all the pics but some of them you can zoom in and read it. Next time I'll use marker.

 

Solid black silk ties

700

 

 

Not to pile on.....but rather just to pile on. devil.gifHow do we know those aren't polyester, since it seems 99% of the black ties are.

post #356 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post

Here goes....

My name didn't come out clear in all the pics but some of them you can zoom in and read it. Next time I'll use marker.

 

Solid black silk ties

700

 

 

Not to pile on.....but rather just to pile on. devil.gifHow do we know those aren't polyester, since it seems 99% of the black ties are.

Just wait until your stuff comes out cap....... mwink[1].gif

Ok, best I can offer is to go back on Sunday, dig them up and take more photos.

post #357 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post

Just wait until your stuff comes out cap....... mwink%5B1%5D.gif

Ok, best I can offer is to go back on Sunday, dig them up and take more photos.

Bring it! lol

 

Sorry....It ends tomorrow. lol

post #358 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Not to pile on.....but rather just to pile on. devil.gif
How do we know those aren't polyester, since it seems 99% of the black ties are.
I took 6 pictures of the black silk tie for evidence. It's difficult to capture: 1. Solid black front, 2. Price tag, 3. 100% silk tag, 4. Scavenger hunt id photo, 5. evidence of being at a thrift. in one photo.
post #359 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Not to pile on.....but rather just to pile on. devil.gif
How do we know those aren't polyester, since it seems 99% of the black ties are.
I took 6 pictures of the black silk tie for evidence. It's difficult to capture: 1. Solid black front, 2. Price tag, 3. 100% silk tag, 4. Scavenger hunt id photo, 5. evidence of being at a thrift. in one photo.

How do I know from this picture that there's no design just on the front, I've seen many such ties? devil.gif

post #360 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post

How do I know from this picture that there's no design just on the front, I've seen many such ties? devil.gif
Funny, I thought something similar about your blackwatch photo. I could duplicate that picture in my closet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread