Nice! So how many competing thrifters do we have here? We need to ramp this up a bit. Would be great to see at least 10 entries.
The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread - Page 22
Styleforum Top Picks
Debated posting this over on the AAAC thrift trading thread.... thoughts??
Not sure they would be interested as there are odd things to find besides J Press Sac 3 Roll 2 Suits and Brooks Brother Repp Ties.
I suppose if we did that, we should wait til the next one to be fair.
I definitely is a tough list. Basically an entire black tie rig, small shoes, mannequin that is not marked NFS, and a fake high end watch is a tall order for sure. But challenges are fun. If it was easy, what would be fun about it, right?
I found a pair of 6 1/2 cowboy boots. I didn't know they made cowboys so small. Hmmm, perhaps they were womens boots. I guess I'll let Brianpore judge that.
I don't think they were womens. I find myself hiding in all the corners of the store to take my photos so that nobody should think Im a terrorist. What a world we live in!
ROUND 3Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
THE RULES - CAREFUL, THERE ARE A COUPLE MINOR CHANGES
OK guys, heres the deal. This is a scavenger hunt that anyone can participate in. Check the quick rules below and go out a huntin'.
1. All the items below must be found in thrift shops. That means thrift, charity, church and other places. Consignment stores do not count, nor does full price retail environments.
2. You do not need to purchase the item in question, you must only take a picture of it and upload it here when complete (please see below for clarification on when to upload)
3. You must print the picture above and include it with your photo of the item. They must not be photoshopped and be in the same shot. For fun, please include the price tag.
4. Do NOT upload photos one by one if you check a few things off the list. You must only upload everything in one shot when you complete all the items on the list. Occasional teasers are permitted.
5. You have until August 31 to find all the items on the list.
6.Each item is worth 1 point and each bonus point is worth 1. Whoever has the most points (get those bonus points!!), even if they dont have all the items will be the winner.
Thats pretty much it - go out and hit the shops and whoever has the most points in total wins!
The prize - I'm giving a New Isaia Lapel Pin (bonus point if you thrift a suit to wear it with) to the winner. The winner's responsibility also comes with starting a new scavenger hunt with new items as well.
- NWT Socks or Boxers
- Solid Black Silk Tie
- Knit pointy end tie (bonus point for grenadine)
- 100% Cashmere scarf (make sure to show the cashmere label)
- Cedar Shoe Trees (bonus point for split toe)
- Lacost Polo
- Wing Collar Tuxedo Shirt
- Patent Tuxedo Shoes (Bonus Point for Opera Pumps)
- 1 Button Peak Lapel Unvented Tuxedo Jacket (pants not needed)
- Mens dress shoes in size 7 or smaller (bonus point for size 6 or smaller)
- Blackwatch Pants or Jacket
- Ticket Pocket
- 3 Piece Suit (bonus point for tweed)
- Silk Robe
- A suit with a $100 price tag (bonus point for the highest $)
- A fake high end watch with logo/name (Rolex, Cartier, Tag, Breitling, etc)
- Mannequin with a price tag for sale (bonus point for male)
- Original Nintendo OR Sega Genesis Game
- Baseball Bat (bonus point for wood)
- Snow Globe
Bumping the list as it was on the bottom of the page if you view by 100 posts/page
Man..a lot happens here if one sleeps through the night..a winner is crowned and we have a new scavenger hunt. This list wll be hard, but the socks NWT were actually one of my finds on the first scavenger hunt...now to see if they are still at the store after all this time.
Haha, I know my local GW still has socks! And boxers...
I swear I will actually go for this one. I've printed out the picture and the list...