or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread - Page 21

post #301 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor13 View Post






But seriously, congrats, Brian!  With school starting up again tomorrow, I don't think I'll have the time to challenge again for a while.


I'd like to solve the puzzle!

"The THRIFT of victory and the agony of defeat"

Knocked 12 items off the list while you all were sleeping. Gotta love these 24 hour PA thrift stores.
post #302 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor13 View Post




But seriously, congrats, Brian!  With school starting up again tomorrow, I don't think I'll have the time to challenge again for a while.

I'd like to solve the puzzle!

"The THRIFT of victory and the agony of defeat"

Knocked 12 items off the list while you all were sleeping. Gotta love these 24 hour PA thrift stores.

lol8[1].gif

post #303 of 903
Thread Starter 
Congrats Brian!
post #304 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Congrats Brian!

Thanks. The tweed luggage almost did me in after I missed it twice....

post #305 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor13 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






But seriously, congrats, Brian!  With school starting up again tomorrow, I don't think I'll have the time to challenge again for a while.

 



I'd like to solve the puzzle!

"The THRIFT of victory and the agony of defeat"

Knocked 12 items off the list while you all were sleeping. Gotta love these 24 hour PA thrift stores.

rotflmao.gif

 

Also, 24 hour thrift stores?

post #306 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor13 View Post

rotflmao.gif

 

Also, 24 hour thrift stores?

Well yeah. When else would I have time to thrift?

post #307 of 903
Smaegol wants Precious pin! WE WANTS IT, PRECIOUS!
post #308 of 903
Brian, re: #3 - how can you get a bonus point for grenadine if the base point is for knit? No such thing as a knit grenadine, AFAIK. Grenadine is a weave.
post #309 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Brian, re: #3 - how can you get a bonus point for grenadine if the base point is for knit? No such thing as a knit grenadine, AFAIK. Grenadine is a weave.

Getting all technical are we lol8[1].gif... Find any "knit style' pointy end tie for 1 point and a "knit style" grenadine weave pointy end tie for a bonus point. 

post #310 of 903

I found a solid black tie yesterday! Was amazed to see it. 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

100% Polyester baldy[1].gif

post #311 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I found a solid black tie yesterday! Was amazed to see it. 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
100% Polyester baldy[1].gif
Yesterday, I noticed, peripherally, a not unattractive blonde female of 20-something age who was quite pointedly looking at me while I tried on a plaid, 3 button Structure sport coat at the nearby full length mirror, size 38R. I finally glanced her way and she looked at the fit of the coat, looked me in the eye, nodded, smiled and went on her way.

I almost bought the damned thing on the spot until I looked at the content tag. 60% cotton, 40% polyester. censored.gif
post #312 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post


A not unattractive blonde female of 20-something age was quite pointedly looking at me while I tried on a plaid, 3 button Structure sport coat at the nearby full length mirror, size 38R. I finally glanced her way and she looked at the fit of the coat, looked me in the eye, nodded, smiled and went on her way.

I almost bought the damned thing on the spot until I looked at the content tag. 60% cotton, 40% polyester. censored.gif

Look closely at the last photo of this listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300927657259

post #313 of 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

Yesterday, I noticed, peripherally, a not unattractive blonde female of 20-something age who was quite pointedly looking at me while I tried on a plaid, 3 button Structure sport coat at the nearby full length mirror, size 38R. I finally glanced her way and she looked at the fit of the coat, looked me in the eye, nodded, smiled and went on her way.

I almost bought the damned thing on the spot until I looked at the content tag. 60% cotton, 40% polyester. censored.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Look closely at the last photo of this listing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300927657259
60% of the time, it works every time.
post #314 of 903

Halfway done! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif After all the complaining about prices going up, I still cant manage to find a suit marked at anywhere near 100.00.

post #315 of 903

Knocked out a bunch this morning. Found a stack of 9 NWOT Kolte pointy-end knit ties... that counts for 9 points right? patch[1].gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official 2013 Thrifters Scavenger Hunt Thread