or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › StyleForum Visits Capsule New York
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

StyleForum Visits Capsule New York - Page 4

post #46 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

Also just left Kamakura Shirts - really, really impressive. Amazing quality and construction for the price, and the fits are slim in all the right ways. Awesome.

100% agree; visited Monday morning, bought 2 shirts and a pocket square.
post #47 of 71
Thread Starter 
I'm going to be ordering some shirts soon. They fit slimmer than the measurements suggest, and the quality is really great for the price. They also gave us these really cute printed hand towels as a gift icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

shoreman: Did you try the pique shirt?

The new Atelier space is really small. It's a room in an office building that houses a lot of designers (Thom Browne, Thomas Mellilo, etc) and is very understated. Pretty interesting.
post #48 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

I'm going to be ordering some shirts soon. They fit slimmer than the measurements suggest, and the quality is really great for the price. They also gave us these really cute printed hand towels as a gift icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

shoreman: Did you try the pique shirt?
Yep--bought one. Needed an LL (so, XL). The L made me a little too Phil Mickelson-y in the chestal area.
post #49 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

some teasers:

AppleMark
 

 

Really into these CP colorways.
post #50 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

 

They look like last seasons National Standard shoes, maybe CP makes them.

http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/high-top-sneaker_cod44504964vv.html

 

 

post #51 of 71
Teger/Shoreman, what cut did you buy? I've been considering phoning an order of both the Tokyo Slim and the NY Slim to test out.
post #52 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

Also just left Kamakura Shirts - really, really impressive. Amazing quality and construction for the price, and the fits are slim in all the right ways. Awesome.

 

Hadn't heard of them until this. I checked out the website and found that their NY location is just a few blocks from my office so I went in and walked out with two shirts. Thanks for the heads up.

post #53 of 71
Thread Starter 
I tried on the Tokyo Slim Fit, and it's a legitimate slim fitting shirt. The measurements on the site are deceiving.
post #54 of 71
Thanks for the info on these shirts.....
post #55 of 71
Thread Starter 
As a testament to how nice the staff are, they gave my girlfriend and I really nice hand towels as a thank you gift for stopping by.

post #56 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post

Yep--bought one. Needed an LL (so, XL). The L made me a little too Phil Mickelson-y in the chestal area.

Same. I assume you're an L in the linen? I'm probably going to order an oxford and a linen shirt in a few weeks.
post #57 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

As a testament to how nice the staff are, they gave my girlfriend and I really nice hand towels as a thank you gift for stopping by.

i want it!!!icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif seriously, for sale? since you two each have one, why not be generous! haha

post #58 of 71
Teger and cyc wid it, I bought a Tokyo Slim fit oxford in 16/35 (labeled 41/89) and the Tokyo cut knit shirt in LL. I don't know if I'd be a L in the linen, the sales associate seemed to think I might be better in a M. I think they have some work to do in getting their cuts and sizes straight, esp on the eshop.

Teger, anything particularly awesome at the News? That's prob my favorite stop on the market week tour--just a nice space, and the first place I got a good look at White Mountaineering and Tim Coppens stuff.
post #59 of 71
Do you have a blog or something. There needs to be more pictures and little write ups. smile.gif
post #60 of 71
Did you guys try the New York cut BD knit shirts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › StyleForum Visits Capsule New York