or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How We Used to Dress
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How We Used to Dress - Page 3

post #31 of 157

Below is an article link of interest:

 

"Why I wear Skirts all the time"

post #32 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

Below is an article link of interest:

 

"Why I wear Skirts all the time"

 

I know you must have been googling away looking for something to support your argument, but did you actually read the article or the site it comes from before you posted it here? It's like something from the nineteenth century. Just read the 'about me' bit:

 

"I am my sweetheart's wife and mama to five children age 9 and under. When I'm not homeschooling, cooking meals, changing diapers, or doing yet another load of laundry, you will find me here as I share my heart concerning modesty, femininity, and mothering."

 

We are not exactly talking liberated, professional woman here. Or maybe that's how you really think women should be.

post #33 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

Below is an article link of interest:

 

"Why I wear Skirts all the time"


Wow, where to begin? This article is filled with undercurrents of homophobia and religious and societal oppression. The fact that it is written by a woman doesn't make it better. It just means she has bought into it.

 

One of many great quotes from the article:

"and I also don’t want to appear that I’m condoning women wearing jeans"

post #34 of 157
I think we're being trolled.

Another member added to my block list...
post #35 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

I think we're being trolled.

Another member added to my block list...

 

For a troll, he puts a lot of effort into posting in other threads. He is all over the Allen Edmonds thread.
post #36 of 157

I gotta say...that woman seems surprisingly well adjusted given her views.

post #37 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I gotta say...that woman seems surprisingly well adjusted given her views.

I did not read anything hateful in her opinion. She appears to be very respectful of others while describing her preferences.

post #38 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

 

Yeah I can't see a good reason for this other than the boss likes ogling the women. This would never fly in a larger company. I think the employer is opening himself up to a potential lawsuit.

As for the employees feeling better due to the dress code, I assume the women would feel just as good with the option of pant suits or skirts.

Nobody would win a lawsuit based on an employer ordering female employees to wear dresses. It is historically gender appropriate.

 

If it is illegal to set attire standards then how does Hooters order female employees to wear tiny tight clothing that is sexualized?

 

What attire is more modest? What attire is more professional?

post #39 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upward View Post

I did not read anything hateful in her opinion. She appears to be very respectful of others while describing her preferences.


Well, sans the implications towards homosexuals, I agree. As I said, surprisingly well adjusted.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upward View Post

If it is illegal to set attire standards then how does Hooters order female employees to wear tiny tight clothing that is sexualized?

 

I think it is because they argued that it was essential for their business. Part of what they sell is scantily clad women serving you beer and wings. I don't think Bank of America could make that same case.

post #40 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


Well, sans the implications towards homosexuals, I agree. As I said, surprisingly well adjusted.


I think it is because they argued that it was essential for their business. Part of what they sell is scantily clad women serving you beer and wings. I don't think Bank of America could make that same case.

+1.
post #41 of 157

I stopped reading when the Homophobia began in that article.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post


Wow, where to begin? This article is filled with undercurrents of homophobia and religious and societal oppression. The fact that it is written by a woman doesn't make it better. It just means she has bought into it.

 

 

Undercurrents?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upward View Post

I did not read anything hateful in her opinion. She appears to be very respectful of others while describing her preferences.

 

Describing something as "disgusting" is not respectful. The article writer is a bigot. Heaven help her children should one of them turn out to be gay.

post #42 of 157

Hilary was denied the right to wear skirts in the White House....

 

Her balls were showing.

post #43 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upward View Post

I did not read anything hateful in her opinion. She appears to be very respectful of others while describing her preferences.

Really? Describing gay people as disgusting is respectful? You're either a joke, or sad.
post #44 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by becnal View Post

Really? Describing gay people as disgusting is respectful? You're either a joke, or sad.

I'm assuming he was referring more to the general crux of her argument in the article overall and how she was responding to people who disagreed with her view, not so much her thoughts on things that only were tagentially related despite her effort to spend a sentence tying them in.
post #45 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post


I'm assuming he was referring more to the general crux of her argument in the article overall and how she was responding to people who disagreed with her view, not so much her thoughts on things that only were tagentially related despite her effort to spend a sentence tying them in.

 

Your intelligence is admired and noted.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How We Used to Dress