or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes - Page 38

post #556 of 605
.
post #557 of 605

Hello can anyone comment on the quality/fit of Yanko boots?  Although the choices of styles appear to be slim pickings.

 

Fall is coming and I would like to get a versatile pair.  Looking at Carmina, Enzo, Crockett & Meermin, it appears Yanko might be the sweet spot on price/quality ratio for footwear that will be worn in the rain but can clean up for a night out.

post #558 of 605

Yanko makes very good shoes including boots. I personally own 2 pairs (653 and 525) and I am really satisfied with them. Comparing to shoe maker you have mentioned my opinion Yanko will be very close to Carmina, better then Meermin and below C&J. You definitely will not be disappointed with Yanko.

post #559 of 605

Could anyone in possession of 915 Yanko and Carmina Rain oxfords snap a few pics and compare the two lasts?

post #560 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dembowski View Post

Yanko makes very good shoes including boots. I personally own 2 pairs (653 and 525) and I am really satisfied with them. Comparing to shoe maker you have mentioned my opinion Yanko will be very close to Carmina, better then Meermin and below C&J. You definitely will not be disappointed with Yanko.

I don't completely agree. I own a pair of boots on the 525 last and the shaft is way too roomy as mentioned before in this thread. To me this is a design flaw. Also, when using them in wet weather, the leather heel stacks got soaked and soft resulting in a disformation of the stacks.

I also own a pair of cordovan shoes by Yanko and I am not impressed by the quality of the cordovan. When the shoes got some rain drops on them a lot of spots started to form that won't come out and when softly rubbing the shoes off with a cloth the blue finishing bled onto the cloth (and the bottom of my pants). The fit of the shoes is amazing though (915 last).

So, taking this into account I would not compare them to Carmina at all.

post #561 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by existor View Post

Could anyone in possession of 915 Yanko and Carmina Rain oxfords snap a few pics and compare the two lasts?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/354577/yanko-made-in-spain-shoes/450#post_8315402
post #562 of 605

This is the reason, why I have written close to Carmina. It needs to be mentioned, that Yanko is cheaper by 20 - 25% then Carmina. I am not able to comment on heel issues you have mentioned as most  of Yanko shoes I have are on York sole.

 

Regarding cordovan - I have experienced the same problem during the rain. However There is a lot of info in the internet, that this is quit common problem for cordovan.

 

Fully agree 915 last is really nice.

post #563 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactogeoff View Post
 

Hello can anyone comment on the quality/fit of Yanko boots?  Although the choices of styles appear to be slim pickings.

 

Fall is coming and I would like to get a versatile pair.  Looking at Carmina, Enzo, Crockett & Meermin, it appears Yanko might be the sweet spot on price/quality ratio for footwear that will be worn in the rain but can clean up for a night out.

I think Yanko makes great shoes, and all those brands you mentioned have a good spot on price/quality ratio, especially EB.  So if you are thinking to pull the trigger with any of those brands based on your statement, I wont hesitate to buy a HW shoe from EB.

post #564 of 605

Any chance that Skolyx will offer the quarter brogue or Adelaide in the testa de moro anytime soon in the stock model? I really like the finish on the new balmoral stock model

post #565 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSheff6 View Post

Any chance that Skolyx will offer the quarter brogue or Adelaide in the testa de moro anytime soon in the stock model? I really like the finish on the new balmoral stock model

Unfortunately not right now at least, however its possible to order as mto for only 600 SEK extra (480 SEK ex vat) :-)
post #566 of 605

Just wanted to circle back on my prior inquiry on Yanko boots.  I ordered a pair from Skolyx on a Friday.  They were delivered to California the following Friday (not bad!)  I whipped them from the box for fit an general inspection.  These BLOW THE DOORS OFF Allen Edmonds.  I know that may not be saying much to a bunch of shoe enthusiasts.  I have several pairs of Carmina shoes and I have to say, in my opinion these boots are closer to that level.  The only inconsistency I could find was one of the toe caps was slightly lighter.  Which is simply solved with shoe polish.

 

The boots I purchased are the brown Balmoral on the 915 last.  Vs Carmina Rain in the same size, they are roomier.  Unlike many around here, I do not consider the Rain last as roomy as some might describe.  I would describe it as loose heeled (which goes away in time).  So for me, a slightly roomier fit for a pair of boots to allow for more normal socks in the winter is a good thing.

 

I'll post a couple photos once I have the shine on them to an acceptable level!

post #567 of 605
I saw MTO option on Patine website (english) page. Anyone know if it is still avail as per order basis? Emailed them but no rely so far. Thanks
post #568 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by terras14 View Post

I saw MTO option on Patine website (english) page. Anyone know if it is still avail as per order basis? Emailed them but no rely so far. Thanks

I would try to e-mail them again. Their usually fast so just try again :-)

post #569 of 605
Hi anyone knows which last of yanko chukka is most similar to loake capital last or AE dundee last?
I think Yanko chukka can be had for 915,790, 961 and 960 last. Which of these last is similar to loake capital? Or none?
Thanks
post #570 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by terras14 View Post

Hi anyone knows which last of yanko chukka is most similar to loake capital last or AE dundee last?
I think Yanko chukka can be had for 915,790, 961 and 960 last. Which of these last is similar to loake capital? Or none?
Thanks

You will probably find 915 most similar when it comes to fitting. Feel free to PM us for further size advice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes