or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes - Page 37

post #541 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolyx View Post
 

Hi! I just checked, black suede is available as MTO :-)

Great news, thanks! Is your MTO service half now and half before shipping? And how would I select the Black suede option?

post #542 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by vriche View Post

Great news, thanks! Is your MTO service half now and half before shipping? And how would I select the Black suede option?

You can choose if you want to pay 100% or 50/50 for MTO. (GMTO is 100%)
E-mail us at info@skolyx.se and we will help you through the process.
post #543 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolyx View Post


You can choose if you want to pay 100% or 50/50 for MTO. (GMTO is 100%)
E-mail us at info@skolyx.se and we will help you through the process.

Oh ok, I see. Thanks!

post #544 of 605

Could someone compare lasts 961 and 962 to 915? How do they compare in length and width? Is there a big difference in the heel or over the instep?

 

I'm in between two sizes on the 915 and it would help me choose the right one for the other lasts. Currently I'm considering the light brown adelaide (962) and the light brown wingtip (961).

 

Thanks in advance

post #545 of 605

I have a high instep. Usually I wear UK9 on most shoes (Carmina Rain, Enzo's 946). I take 915 in UK9 as well. But I can size down to 8.5 on the 962.

post #546 of 605

Does anyone own shoes on lasts 961 and 915 to compare?

post #547 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresstokill View Post
 

Does anyone own shoes on lasts 961 and 915 to compare?

961 is a bit roomier both in length and width. Most customers choose same size in 961 as 915 but some customers size down 0,5 in last 961.

For example:
Last 915 UK8 last measure: Length: 287,77 mm, Width: 240 mm (width is circumference of front part of the foots widest part)

Last 961 UK8 last measure: Length: 296,77 mm Width: 247,5 mm

Last 961 UK7,5 last measure: Length: 292,54 mm Width 245 mm

 

961 is more chisseled than 915, so its more narrow at the toe box compared to the 915.

Just let us know if you have any further questions :)

post #548 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolyx View Post
 

961 is a bit roomier both in length and width. Most customers choose same size in 961 as 915 but some customers size down 0,5 in last 961.

For example:
Last 915 UK8 last measure: Length: 287,77 mm, Width: 240 mm (width is circumference of front part of the foots widest part)

Last 961 UK8 last measure: Length: 296,77 mm Width: 247,5 mm

Last 961 UK7,5 last measure: Length: 292,54 mm Width 245 mm

 

961 is more chisseled than 915, so its more narrow at the toe box compared to the 915.

Just let us know if you have any further questions :)


Thank you for the detailed info!

 

I suppose the instep space is approx. the same?

post #549 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresstokill View Post
 


Thank you for the detailed info!

 

I suppose the instep space is approx. the same?

Yes approx., but depending on your feet 961 and 962 can feel a bit more generous since its also a bit wider.

post #550 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolyx View Post
 

Yes approx., but depending on your feet 961 and 962 can feel a bit more generous since its also a bit wider.


Thanks for the info!

post #551 of 605
post #552 of 605
Really nice options, I like the brown wholecut!
post #553 of 605

Anyone able to comment on their sizing vs some common brands/lasts (eg Carmina, Loake)?

post #554 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post
 

Anyone able to comment on their sizing vs some common brands/lasts (eg Carmina, Loake)?

 

 

My sizing comparison, in order of best-to-least well fitting:

 

Brannock US 10.5B/C 
Carmina - Simpson - UK8.5 -> this is the best fitting shoe-last of the ones I have 
Yanko - 915 (monk straps) - UK8.5 
Grenson - 204 last (Dylan) - UK7.0F (gasp) 
Common Projects - Achilles low - EU42 
Grenson - 201 last (Sharp) - UK8.5G 
Original Chippewa - 6.5" service boot - US9.5D

 

All of these shoes fit me, yes, but the Carmina Simpson UK8.5 fit me the best. Yanko 915 is a close second. I wouldn't mind it being a tiny bit slimmer at the forefoot, but the heel is pretty snug so I don't feel and sizing problem. 

post #555 of 605

Another pair done up in grey with mottling....


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes