or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes - Page 35

post #511 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeasterly View Post

The Yanko 915 seems pretty similar to the Carmina rain last. I wear a UK 10 in both and the fit is very good. The 915 seems ever so slightly larger in the instep.

 

 

The Yanko 915 seems to have a slightly narrower heel than Rain (I have a small heel slip issue on the Rain).

post #512 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
 

 

 

The Yanko 915 seems to have a slightly narrower heel than Rain (I have a small heel slip issue on the Rain).

A slightly narrower heel and roomier instep would be perfect.  How is the toebox area on the Yanko 915 last compared to the Carmina Rain last?  I can't be any narrower than the Rain in the toebox area so as long as it is the same or a little bigger that would be ideal.

post #513 of 605

Hi there, i have a number of Carmina rain shoes but none in Yanko 915.

 

I did however tried on 915 in the shop before and have given my opinion based on that.

 

I hope other gents who have more in-depth experience with both shoes can provide more feedback.

post #514 of 605
Carmina Rain in UK7 is close to perfect for me except for a too tight toe box. However, the 915 is all around perfect with a bit wider toe box and tighter heel as well as a better supported arch. It is the ultimate last IMO.
Edited by cbfn - 3/31/16 at 12:34am
post #515 of 605

If that's true, that could be a "last" made in heaven!

 

@Skolyx got any uk5.5 in stock in the 915 last :)

post #516 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinz View Post
 

If that's true, that could be a "last" made in heaven!

 

@Skolyx got any uk5.5 in stock in the 915 last :)

Hi Golfinz,

Unfortunately we only stock 915 down to UK6. We can produce down to UK5 and up to UK12 though without no extra charge but it will take a little time for the production.

Drop us a PM if you are interested and we will be happy to assist you.

post #517 of 605

I looked on Skolyx website and found a few pairs of shoes that I liked but the lasts were 961 and 962.  Based on the info in this thread, I should be a 9.5UK in the 915 last.  How do the 961 and 962 lasts compare to the 915 last?  Or better yet, how do they compare to the Carmina Rain last as this is one I own?

post #518 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatmiser View Post
 

I looked on Skolyx website and found a few pairs of shoes that I liked but the lasts were 961 and 962.  Based on the info in this thread, I should be a 9.5UK in the 915 last.  How do the 961 and 962 lasts compare to the 915 last?  Or better yet, how do they compare to the Carmina Rain last as this is one I own?


961 and 962 is a bit more generous in terms of sizing compared to 915. Most customers choose same size but there is a few that size down as well.

Its very individual and depends a lot on your feet. Feel free to email us or contact us for more detailed size advice. Hopefully you will get some more answers here as well from people who has experience from the different lasts :)

post #519 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolyx View Post
 


961 and 962 is a bit more generous in terms of sizing compared to 915. Most customers choose same size but there is a few that size down as well.

Its very individual and depends a lot on your feet. Feel free to email us or contact us for more detailed size advice. Hopefully you will get some more answers here as well from people who has experience from the different lasts :)


Thanks!

post #520 of 605

@Skolyx, thanks for sharing. I have tried on 915 and 962. I am comfortable with UK9 for 915 but find myself more comfortable in UK8.5 for  962.

What is the difference for 962 vs 961?

post #521 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
 

@Skolyx, thanks for sharing. I have tried on 915 and 962. I am comfortable with UK9 for 915 but find myself more comfortable in UK8.5 for  962.

What is the difference for 962 vs 961?

Its the same width, but since 961 is a chiseled last and 962 a classic round last 961 is a little bit longer and can be experienced a bit more slim than 962 due to the shape of the last even if both are wider than 915.

Hope I managed to explain it to you good enough, just let me know if you want me to ellaborate further :)

post #522 of 605
@Skolyx do you take suggestions or recommendations for your new GMTO program?

I'd love to see single monk models in different color suede on the 915 last.
post #523 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie411 View Post

@Skolyx do you take suggestions or recommendations for your new GMTO program?

I'd love to see single monk models in different color suede on the 915 last.

Thank you very much. We will keep them in consideration for our future GMTO batches!

post #524 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolyx View Post

Thank you very much. We will keep them in consideration for our future GMTO batches!

I'd definitely be in for one in dark brown suede!
post #525 of 605

Latest addition to our stock collection: Adelaide on last 915 with single leather sole. Leather is hand finished in shades of red:

 

Closeup of gradient in leather finish:

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes