or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes - Page 24

post #346 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresstokill View Post
 

I got Yanko Chelsea boots on the 915 and I'm wondering what the intended fit is. The shoe feels about right in the forefoot are, acceptable in the heel.

At ankle height the there is space front and back between the upper leather and my foot/leg. Left and right the elastics only touch my foot.

The uppers only fit my instep in the lower part.

Is this acceptable? The size feels right in most areas except from the upper part of my instep to at ankle height, I have only minimal heel slippage and otherwise don't slide around in the shoe.

How are Chelseas meant to fit?

Maybe you should try some other last or just go bespoke as said before.

post #347 of 605

Decided to give yanko a try for christmas and was definitely surprised with how spacious the 915 last is. The 915 in my opinion is a bit more forgiving than the rain or hiro last. I held these up to my Carminas and the craftsmanship is definitely similar. Overall very happy given the current price. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #348 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordsandties View Post
 

Decided to give yanko a try for christmas and was definitely surprised with how spacious the 915 last is. The 915 in my opinion is a bit more forgiving than the rain or hiro last. I held these up to my Carminas and the craftsmanship is definitely similar. Overall very happy given the current price. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Who did you buy from? If Skolyx, what shipping courier? 

post #349 of 605

The double monks are looking good, @oxfordsandties .

Would you space in terms of size 915 > Rain > Hiro?

 

Thanks for your feedback.

post #350 of 605

Definitely agree with you on the 915 - for my Chelsea boot I had to size down 0.5 from Rain.

post #351 of 605
9 uk on Rain. 8.5 uk on 915.
post #352 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoc View Post
 

Who did you buy from? If Skolyx, what shipping courier? 

Yes I did and got shoe trees as well ...the courier was fedex but you can request standard shipping I believe. With fedex they arrived in about a week. The grand total was 280 I believe which is pretty solid given that I got shoe trees as well. 

post #353 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
 

The double monks are looking good, @oxfordsandties .

Would you space in terms of size 915 > Rain > Hiro?

 

Thanks for your feedback.

 

That is correct..I haven't broken in the 915 but there is some slight heel slippage very very minor...the rain last seemed a bit more narrow and elongated to me (I prefer the detroit last) ..and the hiro was awful breaking in given that the waist and toe box were soo narrow. Here is a sole comparison of Carmina, Meermin, Yanko in 11uk

 

 

Far left: 

 

Carmina detroit 

 

Middle: 

 

Meermin hiro 

 

Far right: 

 

Yanko 915

 

post #354 of 605
How does the plain toe black oxford fit compared to AE? I'm a 8D in all lasts on AE.
post #355 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresstokill View Post
 

Definitely agree with you on the 915 - for my Chelsea boot I had to size down 0.5 from Rain.


I would like to add that I was able to try another model on the 915 - this time a lace-up shoe. To my surprise it fit me pretty well in both 7 and 7.5 UK. 7 was a rather snug fit and 7.5 was still alright across the instep and even in the heel. I might add that it was a pretty cold day so my feet were not swollen at all. Now I'm kind of torn between the two sizes for Yanko lace-up styles.

post #356 of 605

I got the Cap Toe Balmoral Brown Mix Oxford, which i think is on 915 last. 

Got size 10, which is same size i take in Rain last, and C & J 358 last. 

First wear was super comfortable, then next two weeks was band aid town! 

Been wearing them a month now and no pain, no band aids, and sizing is pretty much spot on. 

Very similar to Carmina's Rain last.

My 358's seem to be slightly larger in both length and width however these are about 6 months older and have had more wear.

A perfect with thin dress socks (Bresciani) but would be uncomfortable at this stage with regular socks, which are just a fraction thicker. This will change with wear i suspect... 

post #357 of 605

I find that my really well sized pairs are very sensitive to sock thickness.

 

Could you post some pictures of your Balmoral boots? Would love to see them? Did you get them from Skolyx?

post #358 of 605


I just received word from Emil at Skolyx that my MTO Chelsea boots are ready to ship. Black grain, dainite sole, 915 last. Perfect for the onset of winter weather that will eventually reach the Northeast U.S.

Very pleased with how they came out. Just as impressed with Skolyx's responsiveness and overall customer service. They have earned a new, repeat customer.
post #359 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_International View Post



I just received word from Emil at Skolyx that my MTO Chelsea boots are ready to ship. Black grain, dainite sole, 915 last. Perfect for the onset of winter weather that will eventually reach the Northeast U.S.

Very pleased with how they came out. Just as impressed with Skolyx's responsiveness and overall customer service. They have earned a new, repeat customer.

 

 

Congrats! Looks great! I have the Skolyx stock collection Chelsea and I'm also very pleased.

post #360 of 605
Hi gentlemen,

Which is Yanko's most similar last to Carmina's Rain?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes