or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Friday Challenge 20130713: Game Match
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Friday Challenge 20130713: Game Match - Page 3

Poll Results: Who did it best?

Poll expired: Jul 15, 2013 This is a multiple choice poll
  • 6% (4)
    DonCologne
  • 0% (0)
    Off My Rack
  • 14% (9)
    Betelgeuse
  • 9% (6)
    Acute Style
  • 27% (17)
    Claghorn
  • 4% (3)
    GMMcL
  • 37% (23)
    upr_crust
  • 6% (4)
    holdfast
  • 13% (8)
    in stitches
  • 0% (0)
    archibaldleach
  • 31% (19)
    Tirailleur1
  • 44% (27)
    Butler
  • 19% (12)
    clarinetplayer
61 Total Votes  
post #31 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post

Sports coat, Shirt and Trouser have a herringbone pattern. At the 4th foto you can see that the best.

 

Sports coat: Raffaele Caruso old Cotton

Shirt: CT

Tie: Woods of shropshire

PS: Woods of shropshire

cufflinks: Paul Hewitt

Trouswer: Gardeur

Socks: Rohner

Shoes: Shoepassion

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

See details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Don - 

 

Well done, sir. Very well done. Nice progression on fits, by the way. Every time it seems to get better.

post #32 of 79

I think the premise of this challenge is this..

 

Break the rules badly. But look good doing it. Dons fit is breaking the rules from what I can tell.

  1. 3 herringbone
  2. Patterned trouser and jacket

 

But he looks damn good doing it. 

 

AAS has the same style like 3-4 times. That's not breaking the rule, that's shattering it. But it looks great, in its own way and I think would hold up against the majority of the SF members.

 

That said, I don't have the necessary garments to break the rules and still look good. I have houndstooth trousers, socks and sport coat, and herringbone shirt/ties, but I'm not sure it'd hold up well. Not against AAS, Don and Betel.

post #33 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

I think the premise of this challenge is this..

 

Break the rules badly. But look good doing it. Dons fit is breaking the rules from what I can tell.

  1. 3 herringbone
  2. Patterned trouser and jacket

 

But he looks damn good doing it. 

 

AAS has the same style like 3-4 times. That's not breaking the rule, that's shattering it. But it looks great, in its own way and I think would hold up against the majority of the SF members.

 

That said, I don't have the necessary garments to break the rules and still look good. I have houndstooth trousers, socks and sport coat, and herringbone shirt/ties, but I'm not sure it'd hold up well. Not against AAS, Don and Betel.

 

Upload it! The objective is to have fun! biggrin.gif

post #34 of 79
Thread Starter 

My entry.  Four Argyll and Sutherland Highlander regimental stripe: shirt, tie, watch strap and socks.  

 

 

Details. (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #35 of 79
nice look, AAS.

@ B and mrj - the object is to win. something i fear i may never accomplish. frown.gif
post #36 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

the object is to win. something i fear i may never accomplish. frown.gif

 

Never give up, estitchy! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #37 of 79
welp, ill be posting a fit in here in the morrow. i hope it will at the very least be a contender.
post #38 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

the object is to win. something i fear i may never accomplish. frown.gif

Maybe the object for you is to win.  I thought this was just for fun.  Is there a trophy or something I don't know about?  Are reputations at stake?  

post #39 of 79

The trophy is the right to the next challenge.

 

If I ever win, my challenge is "shorts with OTC socks."

 

Boom. I will win again, being the only contender.

post #40 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

Maybe the object for you is to win.  I thought this was just for fun.  Is there a trophy or something I don't know about?  Are reputations at stake?  

nah, im just a stupidly competitive person by nature. it is for fun.

but i think whats its REALLY for, at least for me, is to encourage people to try out a fit or combo that they would not have thought of otherwise. its good to broaden the horizons of what we can do with our wardrobes and what we are willing to try out in a fit.
post #41 of 79
AAS, I am so disappointed. No all-black watch fit? Harrumph.
post #42 of 79

My entry, modified from a previous outfit, taken under the extreme duress of a wife calling you an idiot in a language you don't understand for taking pictures of what you plan on wearing the next day.

 

Holy fuck...I just read what I just wrote. ....folks.....some of us may have some serious issues.

 

Anyway, double pattern inversion bombshell

 

 

post #43 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

My entry, modified from a previous outfit, taken under the extreme duress of a wife calling you an idiot in a language you don't understand for taking pictures of what you plan on wearing the next day.

 

Holy fuck...I just read what I just wrote. ....folks.....some of us may have some serious issues.

 

Anyway, double pattern inversion bombshell

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Very nice fit.  

post #44 of 79
My attempt.

If I'm honest, I would not have gone with this square but for the challenge. So in that sense it seemed a bit forced. But otherwise, I think the glenplaid shirt/jacket/square PLUS the navy/pale blue striped tie/socks should qualify me.

photo IMG_3804_zps2a19d511.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
photo IMG_3806_zps2fce8217.jpgphoto IMG_3808_zpsd863c0cf.jpg
photo IMG_3810_zps147871a7.jpg
Deets:
LP linen sc
Paul Stuart shirt
Vintage wool Made in England tie
PRL/Corneliani linen trou
Panthy sox
Peal by Sargent (?) dubmonk specs (hate all you want, I love these shoos)
post #45 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

My attempt.

If I'm honest, I would not have gone with this square but for the challenge. So in that sense it seemed a bit forced. But otherwise, I think the glenplaid shirt/jacket/square PLUS the navy/pale blue striped tie/socks should qualify me.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

photo IMG_3804_zps2a19d511.jpg

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
photo IMG_3806_zps2fce8217.jpgphoto IMG_3808_zpsd863c0cf.jpg
photo IMG_3810_zps147871a7.jpg
Deets:
LP linen sc
Paul Stuart shirt
Vintage wool Made in England tie
PRL/Corneliani linen trou
Panthy sox
Peal by Sargent (?) dubmonk specs (hate all you want, I love these shoos)

Nice one.  Double stripe and triple glen plaid?  Is the shirt glen plaid?  Hard to tell.  I like it either way.  And the shoes are utterly amazing.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Friday Challenge 20130713: Game Match