• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All about Levi's

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
I recently discovered this site and I have become a little too preoccupied with it lately. I browsed through the entire "post your pics" section and saw some LVC, a few STFs and I think two pair of Skinners, and little else. Where's the love? Of the thousands of members, there has to be quite a few Levi's enthusiasts, right? I was into Levi's since I was a little kid. Lately I've come to look at jeans as more than something to keep you from being naked, and I've come to appreciate Levi's even more. If you can relate, let's talk. Better yet, show off your Levi's!

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
I'll get things started off: here's some Capital E Skinners I got at a Levi's outlet for $30 because they are missing the Capital E on the tag. They're unwashed and I've probably worn them 20-25x so far. The whiskering, unfortunately, came with the jeans, but it was quite miniscule and they happen to fall exactly where my natural whiskers crease, so hopefully the rest of my jeans will catch up in fade soon. They're not impressive yet but someday...

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
here's a pair of 563s. They are low slim flair, which is basically the skinner with a different wash, cheaper design, etc... They were rinsed and I got them before I knew too much about denim, but regardless they've got about 6 straight months of wear and probably 6 washes. I think they have turned out alright so far...

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I don't have many pictures. I too am a Levi's afficianado.

I have several levi's western and dress shirts i've acquired at thrift stores.

I am also very fond of orange tab "saddleman" 517s. I have 2 pair, and both fit like a dream. I also like the newer pair of red tab 517's i have, they only come in the 0217 wash I believe, but they are still great jeans.

I've owned several of the non-traditional Levi's also. I had a pair of 527's in high school that were my daily jean. I got them from a thrift store my freshman year and wore them until the back pocket caught and snagged tearing a huge hole ********** of them.

My favorite pair don't fit and are simply just part of my collection. I was able to find a pair of 503 Bxx's for 2 dollars this past december. here is a few pics :
503's

anothern
one last one

they are non-repro, i've looked them over several times and found no care tags. I called 800-Usa-Levi and was told they were from before 71, but the person was unsure how old they were.

I sent several pictures to the woman who handles their archives, and apparently can date and give info for most Levi's products, she has yet to respond.

anyhow i love Levi's a lot. My most recently acquired pair are Redloop Drainpipe. They are raw selvage jeans, and I was able to pick them up for a mere 16$.

hooray Levis

Mblova

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im looking into getting some good quality Levi's (not the ones at walmart) and would like to know where i can check some pairs out both online and in person. I dont like "slim" fitting jeans because i have big quads from working out and running and so id prefer either a regular fit or somewht loose. I have a 34 waist and 32-33 inseam.

Any Ideas?

tljenkin

Reaction score
LVC 505 or 1955 501 come to mind.

dapperdude

Reaction score
I love Levi's, too. It's the only brand I currently wear.

Does anyone have the khaki or white 501's? How do you like them? I was thinking of getting one of those.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Levi's is awesome for the money, but their more premium pairs arn't that great. Most people who spend alot've money on Levi's are collectors because there are better pairs for the same price.

Mblova

Reaction score
Where would be some places to get/look at some good quality Levi's?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theshonen8899
Levi's is awesome for the money, but their more premium pairs arn't that great. Most people who spend alot've money on Levi's are collectors because there are better pairs for the same price.
They're not awesome for the money. With very few exceptions, they're pretty ******* overpriced.

dapperdude

Reaction score
I am able to find 501's for about $30 in local department stores. Is that overpriced? Or were you referring to the high-end Levi's (like Capital E)?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about Macy's Levi's for ~$40. Capital E and LVC are much better, but at their price point, I generally don't find them particuarly impressive compared to what else you can get.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads