Thanks, Alex, that's really helpful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Today at 2:24 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD - Page 61
Styleforum Top Picks
nice ones .Now some new Loake royals from their Shoemakers range . These are solid comfortable and amazing shoe . Yes , I know , corrected grain , but beyond that their quality for the price is superb. . They fit better in the heel area than , for example , my Church's and C&J . There is something about these old lasts from loake which are great . Wearing these shoes I feel particularly well-shod . It's been a few years since I wore loakes and I must say the last one's I had on the capital last looked amazing but were a bit insubstantial , particularly in the sole which really felt a bit thin . Also the capital last didn't quite suit me . I think I will be making some more forays into the more traditional lines from Loake . image.jpg 1776k .jpg file
I tried a pair of Loake Royal brogues once but found them a bit narrow in the toe box for me. Sold them on, on bay, for twice what I'd paid for them.
I agree about he thin sole, as that's something I find with my pair of Strands.
No such thin sole issues with the AE MacNeils I'm wearing this morning.
My favourite Loakes are probably my Chester brogues. They are built like tanks and take a lot of wearing in. Worth it, though, when they are. For style and colour, though, I don't think you can beat burgundy Strands. An added advantage of the latter is that you can wear them with almost anything. Not sure what to buy next. Loakes are just about in my price range and my wife would leave me if I bought anything more expensive.
The Elland look nice shoes, Simar! Note that they are 'G' fitting and - as you say - are a bit wider. If shoes feel wider in the shop, they probably are too wide when you wear them.
Thinking about it a bit more, would it be better to pay another £50 and get calf leather shoes from the 1880 collection?
Yes , I would pay more for calf , but for the 026 , 1639 and 3265 lasts , which are my favourites. . I had two pairs of kemptons , both lovely calf , on the 026 last which we're wonderful solid shoes , great quality for the price , but IMHO , there are some tricky lasts in the 1880 range , and one pair I had on the capital last felt a bit flimsy . I wish Loakes would up spec their shoemaker range to give calf as an option .
They do offer some calf leather shoes in their Shoemaker range. The "Tweed" and "Ayr" models are calf leather for instance.
- LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread just now
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 6 minutes ago
- › Ideas for color combinations for business casual - sticking to... 6 minutes ago
- › Inis Meain Melange Ribbed Boatmaker Sweater - Size Medium (BNWT) 8 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › saksoff5th avenue suits 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015