Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 8/23/16 at 2:55am in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD - Page 29post #421 of 22651/14/14 at 5:43pmThread Starterpost #422 of 22651/14/14 at 5:58pm
Coincidentally, I just found the Ledbury. That's also a good looking shoe. I'm waiting to hear back from Pediwear regarding photos of the Strand, but Ledbury might be my backup choice. Thanks for the suggestion.post #423 of 22651/14/14 at 6:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by marcodalondra
Thanks! If that mahogany is indeed real-world representative, then it looks like a good dark brown like I'm looking for.
edit: sorry for spamming responses in a row.post #424 of 22651/15/14 at 2:44pmStephen Bentley from Pediwear sent me the following photo of the Mahogany Burnished Strand. He took the photo with his iPhone under fluorescent tube lighting at his desk so it's got a slight yellowish tint that wouldn't be present under daylight.
The brown looks dark enough for my taste. Now I just need to stop waffling between Loake 1880 or Meermin. But that's a post for another thread.post #425 of 22651/15/14 at 4:35pmpost #426 of 22651/15/14 at 5:38pmpost #427 of 22651/15/14 at 8:13pmThread Starterpost #428 of 22651/15/14 at 10:52pmQuote:
I just got a pair of Meermin double monks and I find the quality inferior to my 1880 Loake cannon. The rubber sole on the Meermin's is rather cheap and the leather creased on just a few days, I read on various places that Meermin is made in China as well. I do find that Meermin is ahead in style where as Loake is starting to make crap like their 'Design' line, just my opinion.post #429 of 22651/17/14 at 3:53amThread Starterpost #430 of 22651/17/14 at 12:12pmpost #431 of 22651/17/14 at 12:54pmpost #432 of 22651/17/14 at 1:01pmpost #433 of 22651/17/14 at 1:06pmQuote:
Thanks, yes very good monks, I am very happy with fit and shape.
Originally the colour was more uniform and lighter, I've darkened toes and heels a bit.
Unfortunately I am not familiar with 348 last which I know it's a last where some people went TTS or size down.post #434 of 22651/18/14 at 1:22pmpost #435 of 22651/21/14 at 5:08amBurgundy Loake Strands just arrived from Herring Shoes.
Straight out of the box.
My wife had bought me a pair of Herring Shakespeare double monks for Christmas, but they were a half size large so had to go back. Couldn't decide whether to exchange for the Strands or Herrings own Richmond brogues in burgundy.
Though I went for the Strands in the end, the Richmonds will remain on my wish list.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Cars We Drive! 24 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 45 seconds ago
- › J.Crew Wallace & Barnes Leather MA-1 Bomber Jacket in Fatigue -... 46 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › NWT $2995 Ermenegildo Zegna Milano Multi-Season Tuxedo 56/46R 3 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding