Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 4/30/16 at 8:03am in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD - Page 29post #421 of 21791/14/14 at 5:43pmThread Starterpost #422 of 21791/14/14 at 5:58pm
Coincidentally, I just found the Ledbury. That's also a good looking shoe. I'm waiting to hear back from Pediwear regarding photos of the Strand, but Ledbury might be my backup choice. Thanks for the suggestion.post #423 of 21791/14/14 at 6:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by marcodalondra
Thanks! If that mahogany is indeed real-world representative, then it looks like a good dark brown like I'm looking for.
edit: sorry for spamming responses in a row.post #424 of 21791/15/14 at 2:44pmStephen Bentley from Pediwear sent me the following photo of the Mahogany Burnished Strand. He took the photo with his iPhone under fluorescent tube lighting at his desk so it's got a slight yellowish tint that wouldn't be present under daylight.
The brown looks dark enough for my taste. Now I just need to stop waffling between Loake 1880 or Meermin. But that's a post for another thread.post #425 of 21791/15/14 at 4:35pmpost #426 of 21791/15/14 at 5:38pmpost #427 of 21791/15/14 at 8:13pmThread Starterpost #428 of 21791/15/14 at 10:52pmQuote:
I just got a pair of Meermin double monks and I find the quality inferior to my 1880 Loake cannon. The rubber sole on the Meermin's is rather cheap and the leather creased on just a few days, I read on various places that Meermin is made in China as well. I do find that Meermin is ahead in style where as Loake is starting to make crap like their 'Design' line, just my opinion.post #429 of 21791/17/14 at 3:53amThread Starterpost #430 of 21791/17/14 at 12:12pmpost #431 of 21791/17/14 at 12:54pmpost #432 of 21791/17/14 at 1:01pmpost #433 of 21791/17/14 at 1:06pmQuote:
Thanks, yes very good monks, I am very happy with fit and shape.
Originally the colour was more uniform and lighter, I've darkened toes and heels a bit.
Unfortunately I am not familiar with 348 last which I know it's a last where some people went TTS or size down.post #434 of 21791/18/14 at 1:22pmpost #435 of 21791/21/14 at 5:08amBurgundy Loake Strands just arrived from Herring Shoes.
Straight out of the box.
My wife had bought me a pair of Herring Shakespeare double monks for Christmas, but they were a half size large so had to go back. Couldn't decide whether to exchange for the Strands or Herrings own Richmond brogues in burgundy.
Though I went for the Strands in the end, the Richmonds will remain on my wish list.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 25 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 26 minutes ago
- › Stephane Jimenez Bespoke Shoes 27 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 29 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 33 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 41 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts