Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 2/2/17 at 1:25pm in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD - Page 29post #421 of 25241/14/14 at 5:43pmThread Starterpost #422 of 25241/14/14 at 5:58pm
Coincidentally, I just found the Ledbury. That's also a good looking shoe. I'm waiting to hear back from Pediwear regarding photos of the Strand, but Ledbury might be my backup choice. Thanks for the suggestion.post #423 of 25241/14/14 at 6:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by marcodalondra
Thanks! If that mahogany is indeed real-world representative, then it looks like a good dark brown like I'm looking for.
edit: sorry for spamming responses in a row.post #424 of 25241/15/14 at 2:44pmStephen Bentley from Pediwear sent me the following photo of the Mahogany Burnished Strand. He took the photo with his iPhone under fluorescent tube lighting at his desk so it's got a slight yellowish tint that wouldn't be present under daylight.
The brown looks dark enough for my taste. Now I just need to stop waffling between Loake 1880 or Meermin. But that's a post for another thread.post #425 of 25241/15/14 at 4:35pmpost #426 of 25241/15/14 at 5:38pmpost #427 of 25241/15/14 at 8:13pmThread Starterpost #428 of 25241/15/14 at 10:52pmQuote:
I just got a pair of Meermin double monks and I find the quality inferior to my 1880 Loake cannon. The rubber sole on the Meermin's is rather cheap and the leather creased on just a few days, I read on various places that Meermin is made in China as well. I do find that Meermin is ahead in style where as Loake is starting to make crap like their 'Design' line, just my opinion.post #429 of 25241/17/14 at 3:53amThread Starterpost #430 of 25241/17/14 at 12:12pmpost #431 of 25241/17/14 at 12:54pmpost #432 of 25241/17/14 at 1:01pmpost #433 of 25241/17/14 at 1:06pmQuote:
Thanks, yes very good monks, I am very happy with fit and shape.
Originally the colour was more uniform and lighter, I've darkened toes and heels a bit.
Unfortunately I am not familiar with 348 last which I know it's a last where some people went TTS or size down.post #434 of 25241/18/14 at 1:22pmpost #435 of 25241/21/14 at 5:08amBurgundy Loake Strands just arrived from Herring Shoes.
Straight out of the box.
My wife had bought me a pair of Herring Shakespeare double monks for Christmas, but they were a half size large so had to go back. Couldn't decide whether to exchange for the Strands or Herrings own Richmond brogues in burgundy.
Though I went for the Strands in the end, the Richmonds will remain on my wish list.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 34 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › (Price Drop) Bonobos Washed Chinos - 35x30 - Straight Fit - 'Graham... 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway