Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 9/28/15 at 8:43am in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 9/30/15 at 7:14pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on Yesterday at 10:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD - Page 29
Styleforum Top Picks
Coincidentally, I just found the Ledbury. That's also a good looking shoe. I'm waiting to hear back from Pediwear regarding photos of the Strand, but Ledbury might be my backup choice. Thanks for the suggestion.
Thanks! If that mahogany is indeed real-world representative, then it looks like a good dark brown like I'm looking for.
edit: sorry for spamming responses in a row.
The brown looks dark enough for my taste. Now I just need to stop waffling between Loake 1880 or Meermin. But that's a post for another thread.
I just got a pair of Meermin double monks and I find the quality inferior to my 1880 Loake cannon. The rubber sole on the Meermin's is rather cheap and the leather creased on just a few days, I read on various places that Meermin is made in China as well. I do find that Meermin is ahead in style where as Loake is starting to make crap like their 'Design' line, just my opinion.
Thanks, yes very good monks, I am very happy with fit and shape.
Originally the colour was more uniform and lighter, I've darkened toes and heels a bit.
Unfortunately I am not familiar with 348 last which I know it's a last where some people went TTS or size down.
Straight out of the box.
My wife had bought me a pair of Herring Shakespeare double monks for Christmas, but they were a half size large so had to go back. Couldn't decide whether to exchange for the Strands or Herrings own Richmond brogues in burgundy.
Though I went for the Strands in the end, the Richmonds will remain on my wish list.
- LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Saint Laurent Paris fw13 Western Shirt. Size 37 (XS) 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 1 minute ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Billy Reid Forest Green Heavyweight Rugby Sz. M 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...