or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD - Page 25

post #361 of 1023

33% off on all shoes in stock on http://www.langer-messmer.de/ They have a large Loake collection too. (I am in no way affiliated).

post #362 of 1023

 

Aldwych & Edward :)

 

Been using mid-brown polish on the wingtip... think I'm going to try to take it back to a light tan :embar: 

post #363 of 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post

I have a couple of pairs of Loakes on the 026 and calculating the fit depends on the width fitting. In a G fit you should go down a full size; if it is an F, then just drop 1/2 a size.

If you poke around the Pediwear site there is a detailed listing of all the fitting nuances of all the Loake lasts that you should find helpful.

One thing not mentioned on that Pediwear list is the 3625 Last.


One of the few mentions it gets here on SF is in this old thread, but even then there's no comparison of it to the other Loake lasts in terms of fit.

I have the Herring Reading suede captoes on this last, but got them in a G fitting, which was probably a mistake. Even with insoles thy still feel like they're slightly too wide. Only worn them a few times so might sell them.

Just wondering if anyone can compare the fit of this 3625 last to the Capital.
Interested in a pair of Loake Strands.
post #364 of 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odradek View Post

One thing not mentioned on that Pediwear list is the 3625 Last.


One of the few mentions it gets here on SF is in this old thread, but even then there's no comparison of it to the other Loake lasts in terms of fit.

I have the Herring Reading suede captoes on this last, but got them in a G fitting, which was probably a mistake. Even with insoles thy still feel like they're slightly too wide. Only worn them a few times so might sell them.

Just wondering if anyone can compare the fit of this 3625 last to the Capital.
Interested in a pair of Loake Strands.
I have a pair of 758 suede in the 3625 last and few in the Capital, Mayfair and Swing lasts, all F fitting, and a pair in E fitting Duke last. The 3625 last on my fit seem to be tighter then all the other lasts in the F fitting, so the Capital last feel to me slightly larger. Another thing to note, but may have been my pair only, my Strands are made by a softer leather then any of my other 1880 Loakes, must have been a one off batch, or not sure if they only use this type of leather on the lighter colours
post #365 of 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

I have a pair of 758 suede in the 3625 last and few in the Capital, Mayfair and Swing lasts, all F fitting, and a pair in E fitting Duke last. The 3625 last on my fit seem to be tighter then all the other lasts in the F fitting, so the Capital last feel to me slightly larger. Another thing to note, but may have been my pair only, my Strands are made by a softer leather then any of my other 1880 Loakes, must have been a one off batch, or not sure if they only use this type of leather on the lighter colours

Thanks
post #366 of 1023
Public Service Announcement.....

The discontinued Loake Asquith saddle shoe is now selling for £99.99 in the Loake Factory Ebay shop.



I wouldn't publicise it except I already own a pair.
Swing last does run large.
post #367 of 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odradek View Post


Swing last does run large.

 

   down 1 full size for US equivalent ?

post #368 of 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post

   down 1 full size for US equivalent ?

At least.
I'm in Europe so can't comment much on the US equivalents, but I do have two pairs of Allen Edmonds bought from the US and they are 8.5D, and fit well.
Usually I wear a 7.5 UK, sometimes a 7G
With the Swing last I wear a 7. I did think them too big when I got them and also ordered a pair of 6.5. The 6.5 did fit, but I thought the 7 would probably work out more comfortable, with feet swelling during the day etc....
post #369 of 1023

Hello!

 

What would you guys recommend for stylish winter wear in a Scandinavian climate (slush, snow, icy pavements). I think I need commando soles. I like the look of these, all at different price points:

 

Loake Adams £205 (the only shoe): http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=7&shoeid=7288

 

Loake Mulligan £210: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=7&shoeid=7338

 

Herring Windermere £295: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=6&shoeid=4087

 

John Spencer Greenlands £169.5: http://www.pediwear.co.uk/johnspencer/products/6292.php

 

Pediwear Collection Gary Tan II £139.95: http://www.pediwear.co.uk/pediwear-collection/products/6297.php

 

Thanks!

post #370 of 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuffen View Post
 

Hello!

 

What would you guys recommend for stylish winter wear in a Scandinavian climate (slush, snow, icy pavements). I think I need commando soles. I like the look of these, all at different price points:

 

Loake Adams £205 (the only shoe): http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=7&shoeid=7288

 

Loake Mulligan £210: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=7&shoeid=7338

 

Herring Windermere £295: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=6&shoeid=4087

 

John Spencer Greenlands £169.5: http://www.pediwear.co.uk/johnspencer/products/6292.php

 

Pediwear Collection Gary Tan II £139.95: http://www.pediwear.co.uk/pediwear-collection/products/6297.php

 

Thanks!


I would go for the Loake Mulligan. Stylish, storm welted, and a good price. The Windermere is a Veltschoen construction which, at least in theory, is more waterproof but it's rather dull. The Mulligan looks like an affordable version of Tricker's classic country boots but at almost half the price :-)

post #371 of 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuffen View Post
 

Hello!

 

What would you guys recommend for stylish winter wear in a Scandinavian climate (slush, snow, icy pavements). I think I need commando soles. I like the look of these, all at different price points:

 

I live in Bergen, Norway and I can recommend the Herring Langdale - http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?brandid=6&catid=93&shoeid=2999

 

360' storm welt and dainite rubber sole, but unfortunately not commando soles as you wanted. Imo that kind of sole (commando) is too bulky, whereas these are reasonably bulky for a shoe designed for late fall/winter wear. And in my opinion it does look better than the Mulligan. But if that is more your style, go with the Mulligan.

post #372 of 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra View Post
 

 

I live in Bergen, Norway and I can recommend the Herring Langdale - http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?brandid=6&catid=93&shoeid=2999

 

360' storm welt and dainite rubber sole, but unfortunately not commando soles as you wanted. Imo that kind of sole (commando) is too bulky, whereas these are reasonably bulky for a shoe designed for late fall/winter wear. And in my opinion it does look better than the Mulligan. But if that is more your style, go with the Mulligan.

Thank you both for suggestions. It's funny you say that, I'm actually from Bergen as well! 

 

I do prefer the look of the Langdale and I don't like the look of commando soles in general, but after having read on Styleforum and elsewhere that the Dainite sole isn't really appropriate for the Scandinavian winter, I settled on commando soles. IIRC, it was because dainite soles are very hard in cold temperatures, where commando soles are softer, and therefore provide more ground-contact and friction. And thinking back to the first snowfall this week, I'm not sure how dainite soles would have performed. 

 

However, I would like to be challenged on these thoughts. I have never worn dainite soles, so I can't speak from personal experience.

post #373 of 1023

Anyone here with experience of the Colt last? Similar to 024 or Pennine?

post #374 of 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbg brouge View Post
 

Anyone here with experience of the Colt last? Similar to 024 or Pennine?

I asked the chat-guy on Herringshoes. He said that it was wider than the Capital last (which is true to size), but that you didn't need to size up or down relative to the Capital last.

post #375 of 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuffen View Post
 

I asked the chat-guy on Herringshoes. He said that it was wider than the Capital last (which is true to size), but that you didn't need to size up or down relative to the Capital last.


Thanks! Sounds great, much better than the other country lasts. I have been looking at the Wharfdale for some time but the new black shortwing boot looks very tempting :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD