or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD - Page 3

post #31 of 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckie Egg View Post

I have a pair of 1880 Edward & I think the quality is excellent. I don't understand why Loake seem to have a poorer reputation than other brands but then I'm not a shoe connoisseur smile.gif

Loake has a cheaper line made in India. The ones made in England seems to be top notch. When it comes to the "design Loake" line, they do not use cork in them, but "silicone" or something similar, and therefore feel like they have softer insoles. They are goodwelt though.

post #32 of 935
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

I have probably the largest "neck" (I believe in English is called outer arch) out there, but the rest of my foot is quite slim. A wider fitting shoes will be to large in the heel and plant (mounds), making my foot dance in it, and sizing up will make me unconfortable as for too much room in the toes box . I actually like this Duke last (e fitting) better then my other 1880 shoes (f fitting) as it hugs my heel and plant better.

Bespoke is my only option really but currently I am spending my spare cash in other areas. Will surely invest in some in the future, most probably Italian Made.

EDIT: Also the main reason why I do not buy more expensive RTW shoes, have tried them all, same probelm with my outer arch...

Narrow width and high instep, that is an unlucky combination if you want to wear close lacing shoes. However, if the rest of the shoe feels right, then they are good and your pants will cover the gap most of the times.
post #33 of 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

I have probably the largest "neck" (I believe in English is called outer arch) out there, but the rest of my foot is quite slim. A wider fitting shoes will be to large in the heel and plant (mounds), making my foot dance in it, and sizing up will make me unconfortable as for too much room in the toes box . I actually like this Duke last (e fitting) better then my other 1880 shoes (f fitting) as it hugs my heel and plant better.

Bespoke is my only option really but currently I am spending my spare cash in other areas. Will surely invest in some in the future, most probably Italian Made.

EDIT: Also the main reason why I do not buy more expensive RTW shoes, have tried them all, same probelm with my outer arch...

Fair enough. I think if you wear derby rather than oxford then it won’t be noticeable.
post #34 of 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

if the rest of the shoe feels right, then they are good and your pants will cover the gap most of the times.
this! The front of the trousers covers the top area of the laces where the gap is wider when I am standing or walking, and it looks fine.
post #35 of 935
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

I love my black dress shoes, the only Loake black cap I have right now is the Ayr on 026 G last. So it has the most room in the toe box, but the insteps are feel similar to other English shoes I have.

From Left to right, Loake Ayr, Allen Edmonds Park Avenue, Tricker's Regent, Alfred Sargent Moore and Alfred Sargent Armfield.



 

 

 

Great looking line up wurger.. Didn't realise your Moore was black!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

From a previous SF post, 1880 Knightsbridge
8a271864_8555103920_60d7b7e13a_b.jpeg
 

 

 

Very glad to see the Knightsbridge. My very first foray into the world of English shoes and still my best fitting pair. You must a very high instep marcodalondraI find the Loake heel is quite 'hard' and produces quite a distinctive loud and solid sound when walking. Anyone have the same feeling?

 

I presume a local cobbler would be able to replace the heel rubber quite easily? It appears to be notched into a second layer.

post #36 of 935
Thread Starter 
Yes, I tend to buy black shoes first, then slowly add browns later.

However, I am getting a pair of black Aldwych and burgundy Strand form Pediwear, the Strand is like the Moore with a medallion toe cap.
post #37 of 935
Thread Starter 
You can get a cobbler to replace the heels with a softer rubber easily, not a problem
post #38 of 935

Enjoy the 15% permanent discount for Loakes from Pediwear! Going to need a new shoe storage area at this rate.. 

 

Edit: I find the Capital last has a very nice shape to it, with its slight chisel toe. Perfect for wide feet too. If they were to make the waist narrower like the AS, then it would be perfect.

post #39 of 935
Thread Starter 
Loake Shoemaker Collection Tweed Tan in action




Edited by wurger - 7/10/13 at 5:08am
post #40 of 935
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowzer View Post

Enjoy the 15% permanent discount for Loakes from Pediwear! Going to need a new shoe storage area at this rate.. 

Edit: I find the Capital last has a very nice shape to it, with its slight chisel toe. Perfect for wide feet too. If they were to make the waist narrower like the AS, then it would be perfect.

that is why we pay the double the price for AS, haha.
post #41 of 935
Burgundy 1880 Strands
post #42 of 935
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

Burgundy 1880 Strands

Nice, I am waiting for mine to arrive.
post #43 of 935

I have had mixed success with Loakes.  The corrected grain shoes are very hard to maintain - any small mark is impossible to cover up.

 

My current Kew chestnut from the Shoemakers Comfort range are doing very well and in light of this brave thread I may seek out some more Loakes...

 

 

Mine three years on:

 

post #44 of 935

More about Loake and Royal Warrants here:

 

http://www.royalwarrant.org/rwha-search

 

The site is very interesting generally.

post #45 of 935
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

if the rest of the shoe feels right, then they are good and your pants will cover the gap most of the times.
this! The front of the trousers covers the top area of the laces where the gap is wider when I am standing or walking, and it looks fine.

I reckon the Loake Cornwall would be the perfect pair for you, narrow Duke last with open lacing, only 3 eye lacing makes the shoe extremely elegant.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD