Some companies do it in different ways. Carmina for example asked Skoat to implement minimum pricing on their shoes because the currency exchange rate was undercutting US Carmina retailers.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- BNIB! Loake Pimlico Dark brown suede chukka boot capital last size 5UK 6US! Last post on 2/22/17 at 3:08am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 3/19/17 at 1:16pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD - Page 135post #2011 of 25701/25/16 at 9:43ampost #2012 of 25701/25/16 at 1:15pmQuote:
Here in Toronto, a local shop carries Loake's at around $600CDN plus tax. I ordered a pair of Kemptons from Pediwear last night for about $280CDN all in. All this does is make me stop buying from Loake and look at Carmina/Alden which fall in this range locally.post #2013 of 25701/25/16 at 3:10pmpost #2014 of 25701/25/16 at 3:12pmpost #2015 of 25701/25/16 at 3:13pmQuote:This is really unfortunate.Originally Posted by pediwear
Yes, I am said to say. No UK retailers will be able to export Loake to the US or Canada henceforth.
Repeated again below!
Could all our StyleForum customers please note that Loake are extending their export restrictions for UK retailers to the US and Canada in addition to the countries already affected. We will not be able to send any shoes to those countries after the end of January.post #2016 of 25701/25/16 at 3:16pmQuote:
I just ordered a pair from here.... half price... should be arriving tomorrow :-)post #2017 of 25701/25/16 at 6:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by pediwear
Gosh that is surprising - both Claridge and Capital lasts to tend to fit true to size. It would be our standard advise to drop half a size from the US size and this does work well for the majority of our customers. Unfortunately it is not possible to be 100% sure without trying the shoes on, and we do come across exceptions to the rule.
Have we arranged to send a replacement?
Could all our StyleForum customers please note that Loake are extending their export restrictions for UK retailers to the US and Canada in addition to the countries already affected. We will not be able to send any shoes to those countries after the end of January.
No, no replacement was arranged, I was just instructed to follow the return instructions on the website. I had a second order on hold (awaiting confirmation of the fit) which I had to cancel. It was disappointing, as the shoes were impeccably finished. To be honest, there was so much extra volume in the shoe, I am not convinced that another half size down would fit perfectly. It is hard to commit to try another pair with the knowledge that it may cost me another $65 with still no shoes to show for the money.
Everyone with your company has been very polite and helpful, the shoes seem quite nice and some styles that I don't see from Allen Edmonds. Sorry to hear about the export restrictions, I hope it does not hamper your fine business.post #2018 of 25701/25/16 at 8:45pmQuote:
Be prepared to pay a very high price for Carmina.post #2019 of 25701/26/16 at 5:27ampost #2020 of 25701/26/16 at 7:35amQuote:
That makes sense, why pay for an overpriced product when a superior product could be purchased for the equivalent price.
Edited by PParker ESQ - 1/26/16 at 8:22ampost #2021 of 25701/26/16 at 5:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by chiggyv
Hey Loake experts, wondering what size to go with for the snuff suede Kemptons? Ordering from Pediwear to Canada so trying to get it right the first time. Any chance of getting the Loake Club discount on my first order?
I am 12D Brannock, 11.5D Barrie, 11.5E AE 5 last, 12E Rancourt Ranger Moc, 11D Wolverine 1K, 11D Red Wing Beckman
Edit: And a 11F UK in the Loake Chester (024 last), 10.5F UK Capital last.
We are nearly the exact same size. I'm thinking about the Pimlico but can't decide between 10.5UK and 11UK.Quote:Originally Posted by pediwear
Firstly your choice of both shoe brands and retailer are beyond reproach
Unfortunately we are not familiar with the brands you discussed (though we did have a good look at AE at Pitti) and there is quite a wide range of sizes. Perhaps someone on the forum more familiar with AE last 5 might be able to help. We generally suggest half a size down from the US size - and the Kempton tends to fit quite true to UK size. However, with such a range of sizes it is difficult to know what to suggest.
We can also email you some instructions on measuring your feet?
I am a 12D Brannock.
When you say size down .5, do you mean I should size down from 12D US to 11.5D US, which would mean 11UK?
I'm confused.post #2022 of 25701/26/16 at 6:26pmQuote:
I'd recommend 11F UK in the Pimlico. I am 8.5 D US on Brannock and 7.5 F UK works for me on the Pimlico. If anything I find them ever so slightly large after breaking them in, but on the other hand I don't think I could have sized down to 7 UK.post #2023 of 25701/26/16 at 7:03pm
I don't think Loakes are worth $550? Damn, I just started getting established with my menswear base and have a pair of buckinghams, and I love them, reasonably priced, and now they are completely out of my price range. I get the exchange is strong with the dollar now, but now Loakes aren't even on my radar, I'll have to look to Meermins/Allen Edmonds from here out.post #2024 of 25701/26/16 at 7:04pmpost #2025 of 25701/26/16 at 7:36pmQuote:
I was just stating that Carmina is going up in price as well. They used to be $400 at one point locally and are not around $580 last time I checked.
I've never purchased a pair of Loake, I was going to via Pediwear but now they are not going to be shipping to USA/Canada
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 1 minute ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 11 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 21 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 36 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 52 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 54 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...