or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › I can't find a pair of brown wingtip bluchers for ~$300
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I can't find a pair of brown wingtip bluchers for ~$300

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I can't find a pair of brown wingtip bluchers that can arrive at my door within a week.

Most offerings are either

Closed Lacing

A Walnut/Tan color

Will not arrive in a week

Over 300

Can someone help me find the shoe? A darker AE Player's Shoe or darker AE MacNeil both probably would have done the trick, but dark brown shoes seem to be rare at this pricepoint and this style.
post #2 of 11
Why not an Oxford?
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmywinks View Post

I can't find a pair of brown wingtip bluchers that can arrive at my door within a week.

Most offerings are either

Closed Lacing

A Walnut/Tan color

Will not arrive in a week

Over 300

Can someone help me find the shoe? A darker AE Player's Shoe or darker AE MacNeil both probably would have done the trick, but dark brown shoes seem to be rare at this pricepoint and this style.

 

Ralph Lauren Sanderson for $279 (longwings)

 

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/ralph+lauren+collection+sanderson+burnished+leather+oxford?prodId=286856

 

I just bought these, they're $525 retail but recently found them for $279 somehow and jumped on it.  I got a pair of the tan/walnut Sandersons earlier in the year on an AE seconds sale for $159, and they were almost perfect.  These are firsts, and you can get the brown ones for <$300, and they're awesome shoes.

post #4 of 11
What about the AE Larchmont? Looks like the dark chocolate calf is on clearance for about $250.
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

What about the AE Larchmont? Looks like the dark chocolate calf is on clearance for about $250.

 

The Larchmont isn't a terrible choice either, although the last it's made on may be a bit too elongated/chiseled for some.  Either way, that for the RL Sanderson should work.

post #6 of 11

Larchmont is a damned fine choice...especially in bourbon. The Sanderson is ugly IMO.

post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMac View Post

Larchmont is a damned fine choice...especially in bourbon. The Sanderson is ugly IMO.

Really? I was being nice about the Larchmont, I think the shape is terrible. The Sanderson, to me, is an absolutely beautiful shoe, and on a much better shaped last than the Larchmont.
post #8 of 11

Either way, if the AE outlet system has the OP's size, either shoe (depending on personal preference/foot shape) meets all the OPs' criteria.

 

I grabbed the Sanderson's in brown for $159.  At twice the price, I would have been pleased with the purchase.  The last happens to work for me.

 

post #9 of 11
I'm looking at the Sanderson myself and going to order online or through the outlet. Any idea how it compares in size to other AE shoes? I'm 7.5E in the McAllister (5 last). I understand this is on the 2 last? I only see D widths. Thanks!
post #10 of 11

Check out Loake 1880, Herring and Carmina. Some good shoes to decent prices.

post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post

I'm looking at the Sanderson myself and going to order online or through the outlet. Any idea how it compares in size to other AE shoes? I'm 7.5E in the McAllister (5 last). I understand this is on the 2 last? I only see D widths. Thanks!

I'm 10.5E in 5 last and got the same in the Sanderson. Perhaps a tad longer but not more narrow.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › I can't find a pair of brown wingtip bluchers for ~$300