or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › The Ultimate "Contemporary Traditonal" Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate "Contemporary Traditonal" Thread - Page 3

post #31 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post


Among all of the other points brought up in this thread, it has baffled me that someone would buy a house with a room of this proportion, then put all the furniture against the walls. And, in this case, it looks like they paid someone else to do it. Perfectly arranged so that you can shout a conversation at one another.

Of course you would need a candelabra above the fireplace....wtf.
post #32 of 259
Thread Starter 
ConTrad house:

post #33 of 259
Thread Starter 
post #34 of 259

If you think all these interiors look good I question your taste. If you think that house looks good, your taste sucks.

post #35 of 259
Thread Starter 
post #36 of 259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flirtkakat View Post

If you think all these interiors look good I question your taste. If you think that house looks good, your taste sucks.

Myopic slander.

ConTrad is bigger than what any one person thinks. It is a popular movement that derives from the taste collective.
post #37 of 259
Thread Starter 
post #38 of 259
Lack of taste + home equity loans.
post #39 of 259
Thread Starter 
post #40 of 259
Thread Starter 
post #41 of 259
Thread Starter 
Why am I doing all the heavy lifting? Come on, share you wealth.
post #42 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

ConTrad is bigger than what any one person thinks. It is a popular movement that derives from the taste collective.

This popular movement seems based on no one person thinking at all. You also seem overruled by those who find it distasteful. A popular movement is carried by popular opinion and the consensus is that what you're posting is crap.

post #43 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by flirtkakat View Post

This popular movement seems based on no one person thinking at all. You also seem overruled by those who find it distasteful. A popular movement is carried by popular opinion and the consensus is that what you're posting is crap.

The popular opinion is that it is quite luxe. That is why there is so much of it made.
post #44 of 259
It often the work of interior designers who are justifying their price through putting lots of stuff in a room. There is a thing local to me where interior designers band together to get a house sold that's been on the market for a while (the name escapes me) and they all do a room on their own dime and advertise their style along with the house.

Often it winds up looking like the above examples.
post #45 of 259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

The popular opinion is that it is quite luxe. That is why there is so much of it made.

I think it's more about being broadly, safely fashionable. It's the same mix of motivations that drive people to Banana Republic and bakeries specializing in cupcakes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › The Ultimate "Contemporary Traditonal" Thread