or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › The Ultimate "Contemporary Traditonal" Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate "Contemporary Traditonal" Thread

post #1 of 259
Thread Starter 
Here we share, admire, and critique examples of ConTrad. Go.

602308_496458510427214_1474468423_n.png

After-Dining-room-contemporary-MKOVR0305-de.jpg

Magnificent-Contemporary-Dining-Tables-Wooden-Floor-Red-Interior-Design-915x699.jpg

new-traditional-by-ashley-goforth-thelennoxx-4381.jpg

RMalibu_Living03.jpg

Brown-Suede-Sofas-Interior-590x472.jpg

traditional-contemporary-living-room.jpg
post #2 of 259
Based on what I've been able to gather from interior design tastes around here, I suspect that these rooms do not look uncomfortable enough to be considered appealing.
post #3 of 259
i'd be uncomfortable if any of those were mine.



remove all of the litter from picture #1, and we could be on to something.
post #4 of 259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

remove all of the litter from picture #1, and we could be on to something.

An empty room?
post #5 of 259
well, new furniture.
post #6 of 259
Almost all American houses these days have a TV hanging right above the fire place or high level, which makes viewing very uncomfortable.
post #7 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

i'd be uncomfortable if any of those were mine.



remove all of the litter from picture #1, and we could be on to something.

Given the same treatment, #4 has potential, too.
post #8 of 259
gasoline and a match?

Dragon, I have both of my tv's hung at 40" from center to floor. I always found looking up at the TV to be very uncomfortable.
post #9 of 259
all have too much going on for my taste
post #10 of 259

Way too much crap all over the place.

post #11 of 259

This is a satire thread, right?  

 

Actually, a more classical look is much more to my taste than some of the more modern stuff that gets the love around here (i.e. in Foo's other thread), but this is not where I would start.


Edited by Balfour - 7/6/13 at 9:38am
post #12 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

all have too much going on for my taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by flirtkakat View Post

Way too much crap all over the place.
Agreed. They all could do with a cleaning out of the small decorative pieces. And I'm not saying I'd choose all the furniture from the pics. I just appreciate that most of the seating isn't angular and concrete.
post #13 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

all have too much going on for my taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by flirtkakat View Post

Way too much crap all over the place.
Agreed. They all could do with a cleaning out of the small decorative pieces. And I'm not saying I'd choose all the furniture from the pics. I just appreciate that most of the seating isn't angular and concrete.
post #14 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Here we share, admire, and critique examples of ConTrad. Go.

602308_496458510427214_1474468423_n.png

After-Dining-room-contemporary-MKOVR0305-de.jpg

Magnificent-Contemporary-Dining-Tables-Wooden-Floor-Red-Interior-Design-915x699.jpg

new-traditional-by-ashley-goforth-thelennoxx-4381.jpg

RMalibu_Living03.jpg

Brown-Suede-Sofas-Interior-590x472.jpg

traditional-contemporary-living-room.jpg

Wtf is this?
post #15 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

gasoline and a match?

Dragon, I have both of my tv's hung at 40" from center to floor. I always found looking up at the TV to be very uncomfortable.

Looking up is supposed to put a strain on your eyes and neck. Monitors, screens are much easier to view if you look slightly down.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › The Ultimate "Contemporary Traditonal" Thread