or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ◕ ‿ ◕ July No Purchase Club - Delayed Gratification is the Name of the Game
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

◕ ‿ ◕ July No Purchase Club - Delayed Gratification is the Name of the Game - Page 9

post #121 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post


I came here to report your ass, but good to see you're taking your licks like a man! Still a bum for breaking the NPC!!!

Chorn, I demand the harshest sanctions be leveled at this rotten egg!













(kidding, love u betel biggrin.gif)

 

Hahaha! lol8[1].gif

 

I tried to stay on board as hard as I could. Seriously there were a lot of things that I saw that without the NPC I would bought. So NPC save me a lot of money. Still I will not buy anything in the grace period. 

post #122 of 154

Question... A friend of mine is buying a pair of shoes that I bought a year ago but they didn't fit. Can I use the money he is gonna pay me to buy another pair for me? biggrin.gif

post #123 of 154

Nope. I know that answer. I mean theoretically he can gift you shoes if he buys them but that's not exactly in the heart of the NPC. You've only got a few days left. I'd say, if there's no rush, weigh your options until the end.

post #124 of 154
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Nope.

This

 

FidelCashFlow and I tried something similar (a gift exchange...I'd buy him what he needed and he I)...it was ruled out and rightly so.

post #125 of 154

I will wait then... it's the last pair in my size. frown.gif

 

I hope nobody buy it. 

post #126 of 154

I feel bad - I know you helped me out Betel but I think mine was rightfully argued (at the start, I just really wanted it but I got convinced it was truly in the heart of NPC, and encouraged by the ideals, to buy swatches) and I'm not sure I can put up a good argument with that. But if you find a great deal on something you need (emphasis), I'd do it too.

 

I'll be in next month I think. I've got a barrage of stuff to get between months but it's all stuff that will round out my wardrobe quite well. Taupe Linen, Grey Wool, Panta tie, another tie, 3-4 shirts from Luxire. 

 

Next month, I will use the time to plan 1-2 sport coats. I only have two and, while Navy looks great, one can not live on navy alone. I've stalled on getting the green odd jacket due to getting necessities first (pants and shirts).

post #127 of 154
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

I'm still doing fine. I plan on being in next month as well.

The only thing I am considering buying during the grace period is a pink or purple casual linen shirt.


I strongly recommend Wolf vs Goat. Mauro's stuff is ridiculously high quality and right now most (if not all) pink shirts are half off. I was very tempted by the following:

http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/collections/shirting-1/products/before-dinner-oxford-in-overdyed-blood-red

 

The promo code is "manly" and it's going on until the end of the month.

post #128 of 154

I will try to hold and not add another fail to this month. biggrin.gif

post #129 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


I strongly recommend Wolf vs Goat. Mauro's stuff is ridiculously high quality and right now most (if not all) pink shirts are half off. I was very tempted by the following:

http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/collections/shirting-1/products/before-dinner-oxford-in-overdyed-blood-red

 

The promo code is "manly" and it's going on until the end of the month.

 

Not in the July NPC so please don't hurt me but the promo code is not working for me :(

post #130 of 154
Thread Starter 

Maybe all caps?

 

 

and then this article suggests that others might actually be more than 50% off. Also a good article on WvG

http://www.unfinishedman.com/the-manly-pink-collection-by-wolf-vs-goat-the-power-of-loyalty/

post #131 of 154

This may not be in the spirit of NPC but it's in the spirit of saving time and money.

 

Just got a blind hem foot so I can alter all my own pants. $7.50. I know my way around a sewing machine and I'm always changing what I want in pants and the tailors can never get it right. Sucks to wait a week and not have what you want (they make it a week for adding cuffs and crap, they suck bad). So, widening pants and changing the hem and break is like $30. $30 per pair of pants, maybe 5 future pants in the rest of the year....

 

$150 in alterations.. and not getting what I want

vs

$7 and getting exactly what I want, right away

post #132 of 154
Thread Starter 

Seems acceptable. I was in a similar situation....I used to always have my shoes polished instead of doing it myself. I purchased some polishing supplies so I could do it myself rather than paying someone else to do it. MoL ruled against me and I failed the club that month. If you can't wear it, I'd say it falls outside the purview of NPC and is fair game.

post #133 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Seems acceptable. I was in a similar situation....I used to always have my shoes polished instead of doing it myself. I purchased some polishing supplies so I could do it myself rather than paying someone else to do it. MoL ruled against me and I failed the club that month. If you can't wear it, I'd say it falls outside the purview of NPC and is fair game.

Awesome!! I can't wear the foot so that works. Breaking out the girlfriends sewing machine.. a little different than my industrial strength (MAN'S) sewing machine;

 

 

This would tear linen to shreds. Make it look like tissue paper.

post #134 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

This may not be in the spirit of NPC but it's in the spirit of saving time and money.

 

Just got a blind hem foot so I can alter all my own pants. $7.50. I know my way around a sewing machine and I'm always changing what I want in pants and the tailors can never get it right. Sucks to wait a week and not have what you want (they make it a week for adding cuffs and crap, they suck bad). So, widening pants and changing the hem and break is like $30. $30 per pair of pants, maybe 5 future pants in the rest of the year....

 

$150 in alterations.. and not getting what I want

vs

$7 and getting exactly what I want, right away

 

I would put this in the non-urgent tailoring category. I would just donate 7.50 to wikimedia, Claggy you getting soft

 

In other news I am officially done buying for the rest of the year. Death of ToJ has taken a huge toll on my wallet.

post #135 of 154
Thread Starter 

July has always been a brutal month for NPC apparently.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ◕ ‿ ◕ July No Purchase Club - Delayed Gratification is the Name of the Game