or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Advice on washing my APC Denim with Vinegar the first time to prevent "SicK FadeZ"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Advice on washing my APC Denim with Vinegar the first time to prevent "SicK FadeZ"?

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 

Okay, I don't like fades. I often wear my denim with loafers and a double breasted blazer so overly sick "FadeZ" are not really my thing. Therefore I was advised to wash my APC New Standards with Vinegar during the first wash to set the dye. I bought myself some 8% Acidity Alcohol Vinegar but I don't know how to proceed. Do you put the Vinegar in the little tray where you usually put the washing liquid? Or how do you use it?

 

Also how long should I wait before the first wash so that they are stretched properly? I bought them very small as advised and they are very tight, I don't want them to shrink, I was told by the store guy that they wouldn't once broken in a little.

 

Hope to be hearing from you guys! Thanks! :)

 

 

 

PS: Unlike my Indigo Selvedge Jeans, I have a pair of New Standards in Black/Dark Grey that say "Hand Wash" on the label. Does this mean I can't wash them at 30 degrees like the Indigo ones?

post #2 of 22

I am by no means an expert, I still am wearing my apc's and haven't given them a wash yet. 

 

From what I have been told is to hand was them, fill up a bath tub and weigh the jeans down with some full 2 liter soft drink bottles.

 

As for the amount of vinegar to use I don't know. But I'd fill the tub, pour a generous amount of vinegar to the water and let soak for a few hours. Then give them a solid rinse with fresh water and air dry. 

 

As for the stretching part. They are sanfornized so they won't shirnk a crazy amount. Maybe a tad smaller then the tagged size if anything.

 

They will stretch back out tho. I'm a 32 and have been wearing a 29 petite standard, fit great in the waste. I'm expecting when I finally wash mine ill be spending the first week or 2 with the top button un done until they re stretch to where they are now. 

post #3 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1985 View Post

I am by no means an expert, I still am wearing my apc's and haven't given them a wash yet. 

 

From what I have been told is to hand was them, fill up a bath tub and weigh the jeans down with some full 2 liter soft drink bottles.

 

As for the amount of vinegar to use I don't know. But I'd fill the tub, pour a generous amount of vinegar to the water and let soak for a few hours. Then give them a solid rinse with fresh water and air dry. 

 

As for the stretching part. They are sanfornized so they won't shirnk a crazy amount. Maybe a tad smaller then the tagged size if anything.

 

They will stretch back out tho. I'm a 32 and have been wearing a 29 petite standard, fit great in the waste. I'm expecting when I finally wash mine ill be spending the first week or 2 with the top button un done until they re stretch to where they are now. 


I don't have a bath tub.

Think it's ok to wash turned inwards at 30 degrees? The tag on the indigo ones says you can wash at 30 degrees but the black ones say hand wash. Weird if it's the same material uh? Except the black ones are not Selvedge but the Indigo ones are. The Indigo ones are also made in Vietnam whereas the black ones were made in Macau.

post #4 of 22

I guess if says it's all good to do I can't see any harm. At the end of the day they are jeans, but I baby mine so much so I understand you not wanting to stuff them. 

 

Is there a compartment on your washing machine you can put liquid soap into? I'd prob but the vinegar in that area if you was to machine wash. 

post #5 of 22
use a 2:1 mixture of vinegar and urine, with a dash of cod liver oil for flavor
post #6 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway View Post

use a 2:1 mixture of vinegar and urine, with a dash of cod liver oil for flavor


"I don't swing that way bro"

 

No but seriously? Any idea?

post #7 of 22
it's denim your over thinking it too much
post #8 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

it's denim your over thinking it too much


It's denim that costs 150 quid!

post #9 of 22
If you want your denim to remain dark, why the hell did you buy raw denim?
post #10 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

If you want your denim to remain dark, why the hell did you buy raw denim?


Because APC Jeans cost the same whether they are raw or not and they don't exist in dark as non-raw jeans, so why the hell not? :)

post #11 of 22
sell the apc's on market go into store buy some levi's/wranglers then your all set. anytime the denim reaches sick fades go donate to salvation army buy a new pair. stirpot.gif
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

sell the apc's on market go into store buy some levi's/wranglers then your all set. anytime the denim reaches sick fades go donate to salvation army buy a new pair. stirpot.gif


I like the fit and style of the APCs, why should I get anything else? Hasn't anyone ever used vinegar to set the dye?

post #13 of 22

Just keep your legs perfectly straight at all times. Get a Segway and a standing desk for work. You may want to look into a catheter too; dropping your pants in front of the toilet will likely cause unwanted fades.

post #14 of 22
Thread Starter 

Can I get some serious advice or have I landed in Trollonia?
 

post #15 of 22
There is no way to magically prevent fades.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Advice on washing my APC Denim with Vinegar the first time to prevent "SicK FadeZ"?