• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.tailorstore.com - anyone try ordering any of their $40 MTM shirts?

PatriotsFan

Reaction score
After doing some research, I have narrowed down my online MTM shirt choices between Baron Boutique and Tailor Store (http://www.tailorstore.com). Both websites have the price ranges I'm looking for, however, the Tailor Store is much easier to navigate and seems to hold a larger array of fabrics.

Have any of you tried either stores, and if you have could you please share your experiences (whether the measurements were accurate, your impressions of the quality and service, and what fabrics would you recommend)?

PS: Please do not recommend Jantzen, as I placed an order with them 2 years ago and never received a shirt from them even after numerous emails.

rbjones

Reaction score
Site is pretty cool, id be interested to hear some input

mrwiz

Reaction score
Looks interesting, though unless you care about quick service (which I know many do) Jantzen offers far more options and probably better construction. Still, might be worth a try.

CoryB

Reaction score
Fantastic site. If they had a good white fabric I would order this moment; the cheap white is 35% poly while the more expensive is substantially so. I'm thinking of going with Ravi's Tailor almost solely for the huge selection of fabrics at various pricepoints.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
fantastic site.
I know both fabric mills. quality of fabric should be pretty good. sadly the selection of available fabric is awful.

not sure what a custom made shirt from sri lanka will look like.

I too am curious.
Jantzen is still the best deal in town if you have the patience.

carl

www.cego.com

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
fantastic site.
I know both fabric mills. quality of fabric should be pretty good. sadly the selection of available fabric is awful.

not sure what a custom made shirt from sri lanka will look like.

I too am curious.
Jantzen is still the best deal in town if you have the patience.

carl

www.cego.com

marchal.gif

Did carl just recommend Jantzen to someone???? Is that a pig flying by my window?

Or is he just hoping that the OP will be so frustrated by the custom service and delivery time that he will come running to cego??!

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Many customers have ended up in my shop wearing Jantzen shirts.
the needle work is excellent on the shirts I have seen.
the problem that most of these customers have presented to me is usually the fit.

self measuring is a process that rarely works on the first try. or in the case of some Jantzen the fourth try.
I am not always perfect on my first order, but I am usually pretty close.

fabric is another issue. How do you feel a fabric on your computer screen.

I am still amazed that Janzten charges what it does. I do not know how they make money. also at those prices, customers do not ***** and moan about minor problems.

am I recommending Jantzen? no!, just not telling you to stay away.

carl

www.cego.com

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86

Did carl just recommend Jantzen to someone???? Is that a pig flying by my window?

Or is he just hoping that the OP will be so frustrated by the custom service and delivery time that he will come running to cego??!

So there's a method to his madness.

Clark

Reaction score
I just placed an order, it being in Sweden and all. Will let you know when it arrives, but it seems quite good. I'm perfectly happy if the fit is good as it is hopeless finding slim fitting shirts of reasonably good quality at a nice price.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't even know it existed.

/Clark

csgrad

Reaction score
I have a quick question, are button plackets stronger than no button plackets? I have a tendency to wear shirts tight, and therefore stretch the button closing, it would seem the extra placket stitching would make it less likely for the seams to rip.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I entered all my measurements last night (used the form where you copy a perfectly-fitting shirt - so I used my Jantzen) but I am still deciding on a fabric. Either the solid sky blue that is $46, or the purple herringbone for $46. Wish they had more fabric options. Lots of ugly stripes and checks.

Will probably submit an order today. When they say delivery time is 2-3 weeks, do you think that is 2-3 week shipping time, or will you receive your shirt in 2-3 weeks after you place an order? I assume the latter.

EDIT: anyone know if the buttons are plastic, or shell?

water

Reaction score
I just received a response to my initial e-mail inquiry.

Plastic buttons, non-removable collar stays, and unable to offer a split yoke.

Pretty much the end of my interest in placing an order.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by water
I just received a response to my initial e-mail inquiry.

Plastic buttons, non-removable collar stays, and unable to offer a split yoke.

Pretty much the end of my interest in placing an order.

why so negitive.
plastic buttons can be changed.
split yoke is for show at that price point.

nonremovable stays are a problem to me as well, but not the end of the world either.
so for $40-50 it still sounds ok.

Of course to me the key is what sort of fusings are they using.

Carl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads