or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rozsnyai shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rozsnyai shoes - Page 5

post #61 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by brax View Post

Trick question. I spend all but Jan-April 2015 abroad so I asked Rozsnyai to hold delivery until I returned on December 30 thus my experience is atypical. Because of some customs issue, they try to ship within 30 days of order placement and payment. That's pretty darn quick in my estimation.
are any of those cordovan?
post #62 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by brax View Post

Trick question. I spend all but Jan-April 2015 abroad so I asked Rozsnyai to hold delivery until I returned on December 30 thus my experience is atypical. Because of some customs issue, they try to ship within 30 days of order placement and payment. That's pretty darn quick in my estimation.

30 days is very fast indeed! Thanks for posting all these photos and creating the thread for your trip.
post #63 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

are any of those cordovan?

Negative. No cordovan.
post #64 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

30 days is very fast indeed! Thanks for posting all these photos and creating the thread for your trip.

...a link to that thread would be nice. There's not too much info on the other shoemakers of Budapest on SF.
post #65 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post


...a link to that thread would be nice. There's not too much info on the other shoemakers of Budapest on SF.

 

this is the link I think http://www.styleforum.net/t/516140/a-trip-to-budapest-shoemakers

thanks @brax for sharing!

post #66 of 92

I wanted to copy the EG Brummell (faux wingtip balmoral) while removing the back seam but the pic I provided wasn't obvious on this and in the end it became a faux wingtip adelaide instead. This is totally my own fault but still quite happy with the end result.

 

I have fat feet with high instep in case you are wondering why the last is so "fat". Would probably try to get a more chiseled shaped last to compensate next time.

 

Overall, no major complaints from my end. Leather used seems to be crust as there is some uneven finishing which becomes obvious only under direct bright sunlight. This is acceptable to me considering the price but YMMV. Fit is pretty solid but I might prefer something a bit more snug on a future pair. Slight worries that the instep might become too loose after breaking in. Probably will have a better idea after wearing them out for a few hours.

 

Specs:

  • Oxblood calf leather
  • Seamless wholecut with faux broguing
  • English welt with blind welt at waist
  • Bevelled waist (though not very obvious)
  • White thread for welt 
  • Talked about contrasting broguing to match the welt but seems to have been lost in translation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Details:

 

 

post #67 of 92
@ecwy

I'm not familiar with the EG reference model. I'll have to google that. But commenting on them simply for what I see, I say that's a really handsome pair of shoes!

I'd be interested in seeing a post with the shoes worn. I know that's a bit harder to organize perhaps, but it's always interesting to see how they look while in use.

Enjoy them!
post #68 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

@ecwy

I'm not familiar with the EG reference model. I'll have to google that. But commenting on them simply for what I see, I say that's a really handsome pair of shoes!

I'd be interested in seeing a post with the shoes worn. I know that's a bit harder to organize perhaps, but it's always interesting to see how they look while in use.

Enjoy them!

 

Feel free to remind me to post a worn pic. Probably might take a couple of weeks though :fonz:

post #69 of 92
Last definitely does look chunky, but those are still some mighty sexy shoes. The blind welt was very well executed.
post #70 of 92
 
The "low instep" area just before my toe joints has a bit too much excess volume vertically. Might be a function of the last? 
 
I suspect I can try to size down by 0.5 and lower the instep slightly. I do tend to get sized 0.5 more quite often though as my right foot is closer to UK 8.0 but I prefer wearing UK 7.5.
 
Pic is at the start of the day only taken perhaps 50 steps at home. The excess volume is more obvious later in the day after more steps taken.
 

 

post #71 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecwy View Post


Thanks for the photo!

So you have them customizing a last for you? That's nice. You should be able to get it dialed in.

I see what you mean about the instep through the lacing be a little big. I'm never quite sure what shape closed lacing like this is supposed to make (I figure there ought to be a little space, a very narrow V), but if it's completely closed when the shoes are new that may be an issue, as you noted.

Is there room in the shoe to try an insole? I have a pair of Vass on the 3636 and they are quite high-volume relative to other Vass lasts (I got the same size), and an insole has helped take some of that space up, particularly when I'm wearing thin socks. It's not necessarily ideal, but I've got the shoes and they are very close to working for me...

Anyway, I will reiterate that these are handsome shoes.
post #72 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post


Thanks for the photo!

So you have them customizing a last for you? That's nice. You should be able to get it dialed in.

I see what you mean about the instep through the lacing be a little big. I'm never quite sure what shape closed lacing like this is supposed to make (I figure there ought to be a little space, a very narrow V), but if it's completely closed when the shoes are new that may be an issue, as you noted.

Is there room in the shoe to try an insole? I have a pair of Vass on the 3636 and they are quite high-volume relative to other Vass lasts (I got the same size), and an insole has helped take some of that space up, particularly when I'm wearing thin socks. It's not necessarily ideal, but I've got the shoes and they are very close to working for me...

Anyway, I will reiterate that these are handsome shoes.

 

I think they only modify existing lasts and not create totally new last for individuals. The shoe trees provided seem to be generic to the original last shape and not altered for the modified shape.

 

There is already a full length removable sock liner/insole thingy inside the shoe from Rozsnyai. I might try putting something else in towards the front of the shoe but let's see.

 

I prefer the laces to not close fully too. Something like 1 to 1.5 cm gap is fine in my book.

 

I guess I should have dialed in my sizing before trying to do something special !!

 

Beyond the sizing issues, no complaints on the workmanship. 

post #73 of 92

Nice shoes Ecwy, do they have single soles tapered to double?.  I hope you wont regret about sizing once you break them in, but they seem not to fit you well. (I would try first with an adhesive patch at the tongue and then, if necessary, the sockliner/leather insole). 

 

Hope we receive our EB boots this month. Cheers.

post #74 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post
 

Nice shoes Ecwy, do they have single soles tapered to double?.  I hope you wont regret about sizing once you break them in, but they seem not to fit you well. (I would try first with an adhesive patch at the tongue and then, if necessary, the sockliner/leather insole). 

 

Hope we receive our EB boots this month. Cheers.

 

Not too sure regarding the double tapered to single sole but it shouldn't be something too complicated to achieve.

 

Yes the fit is a bit loose but main problem is the area just before the toe joint having excess vertical volume.

 

I would expect EB closer to early June perhaps. Seems like they are taking around 6 months recently.

post #75 of 92

I put in an MTM order a little less than a month ago for a pair of formal tuxedo shoes for my upcoming wedding. Enikő just sent me a picture of the finished product. I can't wait to see them in person.

 

Specs:

  • 333/02 wholecut
  • black patent leather
  • blake stitched
  • dark purple lining
  • beveled waist
  • flush metal toe taps
  • my initials (J.W.) in brass nails
  • Black flat silk shoelaces 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rozsnyai shoes