or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › My Personal Restaurant Service Pet Peeves! Agree or Disagree?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Personal Restaurant Service Pet Peeves! Agree or Disagree? - Page 3

post #31 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

RANCH DRESSING

I bet she likes the ranch dressing..... with a tossed salad....stirpot.gif
post #32 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post

First off, I am a 36yr old woman. Secondly, I get straws with my drink most of the times. Thirdly, when I go to an expensive restaurant, I order a soft drink AND some bar drinks could be wine, could be a mixed drink. What is wrong with ordering certain drinks? I mean is iced tea horrible or something? Seriously, I don't get what you are after with that one?

I have never been to Dave and Busters since there are none in our state at all.

If they were being attentive to my needs, they'd *ASK* MY PERMISSION to do the next thing instead of assume or tell me "I WILL GET YOU ANOTHER COKE", UHH, NO, YOU WILL *ASK* ME IF IT'S OK WITH ME SINCE I AM PAYING FOR MY TIME THERE CALLED A TIP! NO CONTROL SHOULD BE DONE BY THE SERVER! The customer controls their service, NOT the server! Who are you to tell me what I want for MY TIP MONEY, HUH?

They aren't being attentive if they are getting me refills without asking, getting me ketchup I send back that is in my way, getting me the check when I am not ready for it, etc. That's wasting my time and putting things on the table I don't want not leaving room for the things I do want.

You say you think I am eating at places like Applebee's, but bad service is at EVERY type of restaurant. We have had some of the worst service when our bill was $293 for just the 2 of us and the cheapest steak was $89 in 2011. This was a fine dining restaurant in Beau Rivage called BR Prime. It is VERY EXPENSIVE and the service was shitty. Our waiter took 8-10 minutes to get me a coke and a refill. Our waiter forgot my margarita from the bar and didn't even say he was sorry even though I STILL SAID THANK YOU and was NICE to HIM! You are dumb if you think it's non-expensive restaurants that have bad service.

So you eat at a riverboat casino and you are appalled.. I mean shocked at the fact that a waiter forgot something.

I would hate to see what you say about your lovers and their attentiveness to your needs....
post #33 of 118
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post

So you eat at a riverboat casino and you are appalled.. I mean shocked at the fact that a waiter forgot something.

I would hate to see what you say about your lovers and their attentiveness to your needs....

I am appalled that paying those prices the waiter would have tried his best and would have APOLOGIZED for forgetting something as well as would have given me my cokes within a minute or so since I had faster refills at chain restaurants under a minute even. A restaurant that has that high of prices should have much closer to perfect service than the chain restaurants, yet, I have had perfect service at Chili's before lots of times for example.

The point of that the waiter forgot something is that just because a place is fine dining doesn't mean you will get better service is my point. ALL restaurants have bad servers no matter what prices you pay. That doesn't mean they won't mess up your meal. So why mention places like Applebee's as if that means something when it doesn't, huh?
post #34 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post

I am appalled that paying those prices the waiter would have tried his best and would have APOLOGIZED for forgetting something as well as would have given me my cokes within a minute or so since I had faster refills at chain restaurants under a minute even. A restaurant that has that high of prices should have much closer to perfect service than the chain restaurants, yet, I have had perfect service at Chili's before lots of times for example.

The point of that the waiter forgot something is that just because a place is fine dining doesn't mean you will get better service is my point. ALL restaurants have bad servers no matter what prices you pay. That doesn't mean they won't mess up your meal. So why mention places like Applebee's as if that means something when it doesn't, huh?

You know what I hate. Your list was TLDR, but I really hate when waitresses (and bartenders for that matter) leave their phone numbers for me when they return the bill with my change. What makes them so presumptuous that after our limited interaction that I would deem them attractive enough or personable enough to spend several hours with them in another setting? They should show me more respect and get a little self-respect themselves.
post #35 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post

First off, I am a 36yr old woman. Secondly, I get straws with my drink most of the times. Thirdly, when I go to an expensive restaurant, I order a soft drink AND some bar drinks could be wine, could be a mixed drink. What is wrong with ordering certain drinks? I mean is iced tea horrible or something? Seriously, I don't get what you are after with that one?

I have never been to Dave and Busters since there are none in our state at all.

If they were being attentive to my needs, they'd *ASK* MY PERMISSION to do the next thing instead of assume or tell me "I WILL GET YOU ANOTHER COKE", UHH, NO, YOU WILL *ASK* ME IF IT'S OK WITH ME SINCE I AM PAYING FOR MY TIME THERE CALLED A TIP! NO CONTROL SHOULD BE DONE BY THE SERVER! The customer controls their service, NOT the server! Who are you to tell me what I want for MY TIP MONEY, HUH?

They aren't being attentive if they are getting me refills without asking, getting me ketchup I send back that is in my way, getting me the check when I am not ready for it, etc. That's wasting my time and putting things on the table I don't want not leaving room for the things I do want.

You say you think I am eating at places like Applebee's, but bad service is at EVERY type of restaurant. We have had some of the worst service when our bill was $293 for just the 2 of us and the cheapest steak was $89 in 2011. This was a fine dining restaurant in Beau Rivage called BR Prime. It is VERY EXPENSIVE and the service was shitty. Our waiter took 8-10 minutes to get me a coke and a refill. Our waiter forgot my margarita from the bar and didn't even say he was sorry even though I STILL SAID THANK YOU and was NICE to HIM! You are dumb if you think it's non-expensive restaurants that have bad service.
I am mostly trolling you but it seriously seems like you are the problem in this situation. Try being polite to your servers and you may notice a large shift in your favor regarding attentiveness. Yesterday I spent 303 dollars after tip for my girlfriend and i at whatever steakhouse it is at the fountainebleau in Miami. Service was impeccable and we were comped because we were polite and engaged our waiter. Tonight we went to their dim sum restaurant, we were comped wine and quail all because we treated the wait staff like human beings.
post #36 of 118
Y'all are replying to a legendary internet nutjob.
Do an interweb search for "springs1" and prepare for a descent into madness.
post #37 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Y'all are replying to a legendary internet nutjob.
Do an interweb search for "springs1" and prepare for a descent into madness.
wow good call, these are actually pretty good.
post #38 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post

What about my post? I found this forum again by someone quoting me.

That was me. Thank you for brightening our life again.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=springs1+ranch+dressing
post #39 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Y'all are replying to a legendary internet nutjob.
Do an interweb search for "springs1" and prepare for a descent into madness.


Wow, what fame. What crazy rants.

Legendary Internet Nutjob is a good descriptive summery.
post #40 of 118
An homage to spring1 on SNL:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/284927
post #41 of 118
You should PM kennethpollock.
post #42 of 118
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihambrecht View Post

I am mostly trolling you but it seriously seems like you are the problem in this situation. Try being polite to your servers and you may notice a large shift in your favor regarding attentiveness. , we were comped wine and quail all because we treated the wait staff like human beings.

I do, that's what I am trying to say that I said "THANK YOU" and was NICE about the mistake, didn't get ONE SORRY from the waiter, NOT ONE! I am NICER THAN THEY ARE TO ME!

A good example, at a chain restaurant, our waitress forgot my husband's baked potato. He NICELY told her about it. She looks at the ticket on the tray and walks off. We were FLOORED that she not only did NOT say she was sorry for forgetting to bring it to my husband, but she also didn't say anything at all like "It will be out in a moment" or something, she said NOTHING. Then, when she brought the baked potato finally, my husband told her "thank you", STILL NO SORRY to speak of.

THAT is what happens MOST of the times in restaurants where the *SERVERS* are the ones that are uncaring and mean bitches or assholes. If I would have been that waitress, I would have said "I'M SO SORRY" and I would have asked the manager to comp the baked potato or at least a coke off the bill for the customer's inconvenience, especially if I didn't put in the order correctly as well, which would be 2 mistakes(1 was forgetting the baked potato and the other would have been putting in the order wrong into the computer).

So YEAH, we treat our servers A LOT NICER than they are doing to us. Think about it things too such as a waiter that once had our food and another table's food on the same tray, our waiter we *SAW* didn't get out his pad of paper to see which table which plate of food went to. He put in front of my husband fried shrimp w/fries when my husband ordered crawfish au gratin w/baked potato. Turns out our waiter admitted grabbing the wrong one from the kitchen, but the thing is, he showed and PROVED he didn't ********************CARE********************** ABOUT WTF he was HANDING US if it was the correct items by not even *************TRYING*************** to hand it off the tray correctly, because we *SAW* he didn't take ANY EFFORT to show you care. You have to *CARE* which table has what NOT just AIMLESSLY give something. That shows being UNCARING about your customers.

So YEAH, most servers are lazy and uncaring just like that waiter that feels that he was ENTITLED to a tip for not caring about what he was serving us. Same thing with that waitress. I was so floored when she just left and didn't say anything to us about the baked potato in the other story.

Most servers aren't treating us customers like human beings. If they were, they wouldn't be doing those type of things and you know it. They would *CARE* enough to *TRY* to get things right to us that are obvious like that.

I am willing to bet in both situations, neither server verified their written orders with the food BEFORE leaving the kitchen. Think about it, you really think our waiter missed 2 different items on a plate and actually VERIFIED the food in the kitchen? NO WAY, I don't believe that and then the fact we *SAW* he didn't when he was taking the plates off the tray when he sat the tray on the tray jack.

So YEAH, you say be polite, WE ARE! WE ARE NICER AND MORE CARING THAN MOST SERVERS WILL EVER BE! I couldn't fathom doing those things to customers if I were a server. To not apologize, to not *TRY* to serve it correctly, that's just uncaring, mean, and VERY LAZY.
post #43 of 118
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

Wow, what fame. What crazy rants.

Legendary Internet Nutjob is a good descriptive summery.

I am very normal, not a nut job. YOU must be that.
post #44 of 118
post #45 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihambrecht View Post

I am mostly trolling you but it seriously seems like you are the problem in this situation. Try being polite to your servers and you may notice a large shift in your favor regarding attentiveness. Yesterday I spent 303 dollars after tip for my girlfriend and i at whatever steakhouse it is at the fountainebleau in Miami. Service was impeccable and we were comped because we were polite and engaged our waiter. Tonight we went to their dim sum restaurant, we were comped wine and quail all because we treated the wait staff like human beings.

Run through the Spring1 translator widgit!
Quote:
I am mostly TROLLING ****YOU******** but it seriously seems like *******YOU***** are the problem IN THIS situation.!1!!!! Try being POLITE to ****YOU****** servers and *******YOU******* *****MAY****** NOTICE a large shift IN ****YOU**** favor REGARDING attentiveness.!1!1!! Yesterday I spent 303 dollars after tip for my GIRLFRIEND and i AT WHATEVER steakhouse IT is at the FOUNTAINEBLEAU in Miami.!!1!1!1 Service was IMPECCABLE and we WERE comped because we WERE polite and ENGAGED our waiter.!!!1!!! Tonight we WENT to their dim sum RESTAURANT, we were COMPED WINE AND QUAIL all BECAUSE we TREATED the WAIT staff LIKE HUMAN beings.!!!11!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › My Personal Restaurant Service Pet Peeves! Agree or Disagree?