I'm new to the world of "classic menswear", and have been looking around for a while, and now I feel like I have a grip on the subject. Although it will take at least 5 years for me to even get into the business world, I thought it'd still be good to know + I just got hooked up by the beauty of them :)
I think I'm getting along with the details fine, but the basics - things that are supposed to be common knowledge - are bugging me the most, and they're relatively hard to find since I'm already supposed to know them..
I'm pretty sure all my questions will look silly to you, but I would highly appreciate it if you could bear with me.
I'll just list all my questions, so that my questions are as clear as possible.
1. Do all shops (Zegna, Oxxford, Brioni, Attolini, Kiton, BB, Isaia, Boss, Armani etc) do MTM or bespoke? Or are some available only in OTR/RTW??
2. When people buy suits / shirts during "sale", this means that they're purchasing OTR clothing, right? Or do shops "sale" MTM or bespoke clothing as well?
3. In case of BB shirts, they have extra slim fit, slim fit, regular and so on, and they're all OTR, am I wrong? If I'm going for MTM, I wouldn't have to consider those fits since MTM would fit my body perfectly - so there wouldn't be any "fits" to it right?
4. What are non-iron shirts? How do they differ from regular shirts?
5. Would you recommend me to get an OTR that fits me "ok" and then tailor it, or to get an MTM/bespoke shirts/suits? Does this differ according to my budget?
6. "IF" I got an OTR shirt and I want to fix it, what should I keep in mind (Where should I fix it? - armholes, the "cut", but what else?)
I can already see people mocking me for my stupid questions, but please be nice :)
Thank you in advance