GUIDANCE Needed: Summer Daily Suit on a Budget ? Source Fabric, Tailor, Etc?
I am currently in South Asia but will be heading to the US soon. I'd like to do this on a budget to start with and maybe come back spend more in 6 months once cash flow is higher.
I've heard/ read quite a lot about tailors & suit makers in/ from India, HK, BKK etc. Those who have shops there and some who travel to the US to measure clients, stitch & send back.
I will need help & guidance around SELECTING the following few things:
- FABRICS & SOURCING
FABRICS & SOURCING:
After reading SF and other sites I came up with a final list of Summer Suit (without lining/ open weave) Fabrics that are comfy & cool in Hot Humid weather such as Singapore, Asia, India, Latin America, or Southern Hot Humid US / etc.
(Top 2 choices of most of the reviewers)
- Fresco (8 ounce, unlined Fresco)
Next in line:
- Linen (Crumples very easily & needs ironing after every wear)
- Tropical Wool
- Blends of Linen/ Cotton , Blends of Wool & Cotton/ Linen (Tropical Wools)
- can I get these Fabrics?
- large range/ variety to choose from?
What kind of price point/ range would EACH of them run?
Would they be less expensive if they were clubbed and bought straight at the Tailors?
In terms of colors I am thinking 3 shades/ variations,
- White/ Off-White/ Cream/ Sand/ Light Brown -
- Silver/ Steel Gray/ Light Gray/ Dark Gray -
- Navy/ Deep Blue/ Navy & Blue Variations?
Do let me know your thoughts/ insights. Any suggestions on where I can complete all the steps:
- KNOW PRICE/ PRICE LIST RESEARCH (StyleForums)
- FABRIC (Bangkok, HK, India)
- Tailor (BKK, HK, India)