or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › FRIDAY CHALLENGE JUNE 21ST 2013 - ORG'S BOLD TIE CHALLENGE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FRIDAY CHALLENGE JUNE 21ST 2013 - ORG'S BOLD TIE CHALLENGE - Page 2

Poll Results: The Bold Tie Challenge: Who did it best?

Poll expired: Jun 24, 2013 This is a multiple choice poll
  • 4% (4)
    Claghorn
  • 15% (13)
    Oldtog/Oldtrix
  • 6% (5)
    atia2
  • 24% (20)
    southernstyle
  • 3% (3)
    FlyingMonkey
  • 1% (1)
    upr_crust
  • 4% (4)
    RogerP
  • 2% (2)
    cptjeff
  • 10% (9)
    Holdfast
  • 14% (12)
    RDiaz
  • 14% (12)
    bourbonbasted
  • 15% (13)
    SeaJen
  • 8% (7)
    CousinDonuts
  • 19% (16)
    in stitches
  • 2% (2)
    Snoogz
  • 9% (8)
    Winot
  • 1% (1)
    eazye
  • 2% (2)
    ShaprlyTailored
  • 39% (32)
    Sugarbutch
  • 4% (4)
    Clapeyron
  • 37% (31)
    SpooPoker
  • 19% (16)
    Orgetorix
  • 3% (3)
    rms340
  • 6% (5)
    AnAcuteStyle
  • 1% (1)
    Caustic Man
  • 6% (5)
    YRR92
  • 8% (7)
    Thin White Duke
  • 6% (5)
    jcmeyer
  • 4% (4)
    Butler
82 Total Votes  
post #16 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Sure they do! However, I will say that bold bow ties are easier to pull off because they're so much smaller. So you can still be very well dressed with a bold bow tie, but it won't be as impressive as a tastefully worn bold FIH.

smile.gif

Completely understood, and agreed. Most of my neckties are more pB than Beppe though, so I felt the need to inquire.
post #17 of 238
i think a bold and shiny tie, is the hardest to do. i have some bold ties, but i dont think any of them are shiny. maybe ill pick up a steffano ricci just for the occasion.
post #18 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i think a bold and shiny tie, is the hardest to do. i have some bold ties, but i dont think any of them are shiny. maybe ill pick up a steffano ricci just for the occasion.

Hey I like my Ricci!

 

This is the boldest I've ever been... I shall not be participating

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

post #19 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i think a bold and shiny tie, is the hardest to do. i have some bold ties, but i dont think any of them are shiny. maybe ill pick up a steffano ricci just for the occasion.

...and tasteful. Don't forget tasteful.
post #20 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post

Hey I like my Ricci!
This is the boldest I've ever been... I shall not be participating Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


they are are not all bad. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

...and tasteful. Don't forget tasteful.

waitwat
post #21 of 238

Wearing large scale yellow paisley. The boldest tie I own. It was a gift and it has never been worn until today (which is probably in the spirit of the Friday Challenges--to push some of us outside our comfort zones)

post #22 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Wearing large scale yellow paisley. The boldest tie I own. It was a gift and it has never been worn until today (which is probably in the spirit of the Friday Challenges--to push some of us outside our comfort zones)

nod[1].gif
post #23 of 238
OBLIGATORY.

(If Spoo doesn't drag this one out I will disappointed)


33ef6881.jpg
post #24 of 238
post #25 of 238
I don't have a bold tie. I don't even have a patterned tie. I do have a tie with a bold bar tack:

ztH86Nb.jpg

smile.gif

Enjoy the challenge.
post #26 of 238

NOBD, you rebel you.

 

Also, have you been messing with my tripod? Something seems off with it of late.

post #27 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

OBLIGATORY.

(If Spoo doesn't drag this one out I will disappointed)


Pink tie (Click to show)

33ef6881.jpg

 

 

 

So it's pink...bold?  Nah.  Didn't Org say patterns were compulsory?  I think TTO is on the right track (no surprise).  And I'm both alarmed and intrigued to wonder what Holdfast might consider to be pushing the boundaries.

post #28 of 238
Holdfast should win this one comfortably...
post #29 of 238

I have a feeling many of us will be breaking out "gift ties" for this one.

post #30 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post


So it's pink...bold?  Nah.  Didn't Org say patterns were compulsory?  I think TTO is on the right track (no surprise).  And I'm both alarmed and intrigued to wonder what Holdfast might consider to be pushing the boundaries.

A pink cashmere Attolini may not be the boldest tie imaginable, but it has a bold historical SF pedigree.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › FRIDAY CHALLENGE JUNE 21ST 2013 - ORG'S BOLD TIE CHALLENGE